Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2022 9:08:28 PM EDT
My daughter is showing interest in bows. I am looking to get her one.
My favorite bow was a Matthews DXT but that was 15 years ago LOL

Any recommendations on a good bow for under $300. I am thinking keep the lbs low until she gets used to it.

I have not bowhunted or shot in 15 years so I have been out of the game for a while.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Mission Craze/Menace  or equivalent if you still want a Matthews bow.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Can’t help as I’m new to archery but I was in the same boat last week. My 8 year daughter had been asking me to buy her one. Having zero knowledge on the topic myself, I decided to go to a local archery range. Counter guy was super helpful and referred me a LGS that has a coach with a shooting team. Dude walked me through the whole process understanding our needs. We ended up with a Mission Radix which is adjustable allowing my daughter to “grow” with it. Spent about 550 for a complete setup ( bow,sight,arrows etc). Daughter did great at her first lesson.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:18:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Hoping you got your daughter a bow by now but I'll share my story.  We live outside Gainesville, FL so the Easton Newberry Archery Center is super close, it's a state of the art archery facility.  I took my 10 yr old daughter there over spring break this year and got her an introductory lesson and some range time and she fell in love with it right away.  She's blind in her right eye so we got her set up with a left-handed bow. (I'm left eye dominant so I also shoot left handed coincidentally).   She was pretty darn good right away and I was pleasantly surprised.  
  The next weekend we went to the local farm store that also sells guns/archery equipment.  Got her set up with a Genesis mini compound bow to shoot with.  We've been shooting together at the house on a block target I've had.  It's been great spending some quality time with her and sharing something I love to do also.  Can't wait to get her moved up to a higher pound bow and take her hunting with me!
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:30:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#4]
Get her into the NASP (National Archery in Schools Program).  My son won enough in scholarships to pay for his first year in college.  It is cheap also.

The bows are spec and run about $200.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top