Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2020 9:15:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KELBEAST]
I managed to snag a Barnett Vortex youth bow from Walmart for $35, took off the D loop and sight, and just added some nocking points tonight. I may or may not trade the rest out for a whisker Biscuit. Anyways, I’ll be taking a trip back to the FL Keys next week. Target species is 10” minimum snapper in the canal, and hopefully bigger (Mahi would be sick, 20” minimum) offshore. I’ll be hitting Bass Pro tomorrow to grab an arrow. Any favorites? Worst/best/cheapest?

Link Posted: 3/7/2020 1:33:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Its been years but here goes.  Solid fiberglass, no fletch, screw off fish point. Harness of line to arrow is nice as line wear will cause lost arrows. Aim very low to allow for refraction of water. Your target will appear much higher than it actually is. Try to let the wind drift you and your boat to your target. Stand on front of the boat on platform. Sometimes just drawing will spook the fish. After reeling, make sure your line will free spool before shooting again. Having a fish arrow come rapidly back is unnerving.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By boltedsafe:
Its been years but here goes.  Solid fiberglass, no fletch, screw off fish point. Harness of line to arrow is nice as line wear will cause lost arrows. Aim very low to allow for refraction of water. Your target will appear much higher than it actually is. Try to let the wind drift you and your boat to your target. Stand on front of the boat on platform. Sometimes just drawing will spook the fish. After reeling, make sure your line will free spool before shooting again. Having a fish arrow come rapidly back is unnerving.
View Quote
Sounds good! I just got one of the cheapest arrows at bass pro that has a safety slide, I think it was $15. I’ve been watching lots of videos. Mainly bikini bowfishing but I’m paying lots of attention lol

Link Posted: 3/19/2020 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Its probably to late now, but I would water tune your setup first.  Also, make sure you push the button on your reel before you draw, because using a slide with a spinner reel setup has caused many lost arrows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top