Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2021 10:04:09 PM EDT
I wanted to support Matthews/Mission Crossbows, since I'm a Wisconsin guy, and hunt only a couple counties over from Mission's Headquarters. I'm looking at the Mission Sub-1 Lite.

My question is about accessories.  We've all been to a gun show and seen all the cheap tactical crap on display - which looks really good to the uninitiated - but is really just crap.  I want to avoid this type of issue with my crossbow.  This begs the question...  Are there higher quality / higher performing accessories I should be looking at?  

bolts, rails, optics, quivers, slings, etc....  Your input is appreciated.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2023 6:40:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 19Charlie278] [#1]
OP,  I have a Parker Thunder Hawk crossbow.  Attachment Attached File

It came as a package, with optic, sling, carry bag and Red Hot Carbon Fiber bolts. Attachment Attached File

There’s a ton of stuff online—do you have a local shop that supports archery you might be able to get your hands on some items?  Bass Pro is another good resource.

Consider practicing with field tips, but buying identical weight of broad heads.  Practice with both to ensure your trajectory isn’t off.  In archery, like cars, SPEED KILLS.  Pick a lower weight broadhead on a light bolt for the greatest speed.  I’ve killed several deer with my set-up.

Select an optic with range lines for known distance holdovers.  Illuminated reticles will be your friend in early morning and right before dark.  Vortex has a great one (Crossfire II) that I’m considering for myself…

Luminocs for the bolts are the tits!!  Available in red or green, last a long time.  They are activated by the string sending them downrange.  You turn them off after recovering the bolt.

You might want a plastic case (MTM brand) to transport extra bolts into the field if you’re not using a quiver.  Don’t forget a decoding arrow for the end of the day.

Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top