Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2023 7:31:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey]
as Legolas, Hawkeye, Rambo, Katniss, or Robin Hood... where would I start?

I had a compound bow as a kid, but didn't really understand anything about bows at the time even though I wasn't terrible at it.

Now, I want to get back into archery. Not really for hunting, although I plan on getting both a compound bow and a crossbow for that purpose, but more just for fun, exercise and giving me yet another hobby.

I want something of traditional style to play with in the backyard, but I don't know what to look at, much less where to look. Starting with short range target shooting.

Some kind of long bow? Shortbow? Recurve? For getting into it I'd rather not spend more than a few hundred bucks until I know it's something I'll enjoy.

Any recommendations, pros and cons between styles?

ETA: Just realized I probably should have put this in the traditional archery section, i wasn't paying attention. Sorry
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:04:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BIG-DUKE-6] [#1]
Best starter bow for the buck
Samic sage 40-45# range

Make sure you get the correct spined arrows.  I would stick with carbon

I believe bass pro and cabellas still sells them

Plus it’s a take down so it fits nicely in a pack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top