Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2023 1:11:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: turbomunkey]
I've gotten this delusion in my head that I am somehow going to get a bow setup, some cammys, and go bow hunting for the first time before this season ends on public land. That being said, thoughts in this setup? I am waiting for the guy to confirm draw length and weight.

I know bows are weird and guys like to upgrade frequently, and this bow is likely "older" but it looks like over all a good value.

Thanks

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/spo/d/hinckley-bear-arena-34-compound-bow/7676906722.html
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 3:49:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kazual] [#1]
IMO I'd consider it at $600.  I've been out of the market for a long time so things may have changed.  My take, it's an 8 yr old bow model that was well spoke of in it's release date.  In the past, last yr bow models would be worth 50-60% of new purchase price.  One might only be able to give away an 8 yr old model?  Arrows and other accessories don't usually add much to the price of the bow, though perhaps they should. Also, if strings and cables are more than 1 or 2 yr old you would likely want/need to have them replaced, probably $100+.

How I came up with my price:
Bear Arena 34 - $250
Releases         - $60
Arrows            - $20
Target             -$25
Stand              -$150
Sights/Case      -$100

Total               -$605

then again, I might be off on depreciation these days and the longevity of strings and cables?  Hopefully someone with more up to date knowledge will chime in on it?

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kazual:
IMO I'd consider it at $600.  I've been out of the market for a long time so things may have changed.  My take, it's an 8 yr old bow model that was well spoke of in it's release date.  In the past, last yr bow models would be worth 50-60% of new purchase price.  One might only be able to give away an 8 yr old model?  Arrows and other accessories don't usually add much to the price of the bow, though perhaps they should. Also, if strings and cables are more than 1 or 2 yr old you would likely want/need to have them replaced, probably $100+.

How I came up with my price:
Bear Arena 34 - $250
Releases         - $60
Arrows            - $20
Target             -$25
Stand              -$150
Sights/Case      -$100

Total               -$605

then again, I might be off on depreciation these days and the longevity of strings and cables?  Hopefully someone with more up to date knowledge will chime in on it?

View Quote

I have heard people get killer deals on "last years model" when the owner decides to trade up. Archery talk has a lot of traffic, but seems like the bargains aren't entirely there. Thank you for your input.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Archerytalk certainly has deals if one is patient, i bought a 1yr old trx 34 for half of what it cost new.  That said, I would not buy an 8yr old bear for that money, parts if needed will pose a problem.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I would consider something new like a Diamond (bow-tech) Infinite Edge over that
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#5]
There's one on eBay for $400 or best offer.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top