Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2020 8:10:24 AM EDT
I have been kicking around the idea of getting a crossbow for target practice in the backyard. I want to keep it at $300 max because I don't see myself really doing it a whole lot and I don't hunt.

So I am not really sure what to get. In the latest Cabela's sales ad they have the following:

Killer Instinct "Lethal 405" crossbow package

Includes:
Lightweight composite frame
Over molded grip
Adjustable X-Lok forearm
4x32 scope
Integrated rubber string suppressors
3 lightweight carbon bolts
3-bolt quiver
Rope cocker included

Sales price of $199.97 from normally $299.97

I can't find any reviews of it online or on youtube. I also can't find this model on the killer instinct website. The closest model it looks like is their 370 which sells for $249.99 mrsp.

Not sure if this is a good deal or good bow to get. The price is sure right, but with no reviews not sure if it is worth picking up.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I am all ears.
Thanks,
Mav
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Late to the post, I’m an avid bow hunter and wanted to dabble in the crossbow realm a little.

I recently bought a Killer Instinct Rush 380. It’s pretty sweet, the specs you mentioned above should be more the enough for target and hunting.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Just checked back on this thread and saw your post. I never pulled the trigger on it so l am still shopping around. Also watching the EE for a good deal. Thanks again
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Little late.
I looked up reviews on this Friday the 26th when I saw them on sale. Sportsmen warehouse for $169. They had 30 plus.
In the few I read lots of people complaining of cracked limbs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top