Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2022 5:22:56 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Top Osage orange 64 inch 33#@28 inches that I made last year.
Next 3 are Ringing Rock Archery Hickory.  68" then 2 54 inch all 25 - 30# @28 inchs
second from bottom 1964 Bud Hitt Black Ace 64"  35# @28"
Bottom 1969 Bud Hitt 64" 28# @ 28"

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty cool :-)
Always wanted to get a nice bow....
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice! My two bows don't qualify as a "collection" lol.  Some day...
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a friend who makes awesome bows,  bodark bows.  He puts rattle snake skin on the outside of the bow.  They go for a mega shit ton of money
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
I have a friend who makes awesome bows,  bodark bows.  He puts rattle snake skin on the outside of the bow.  They go for a mega shit ton of money
View Quote
There are good Osage Orange bows from a couple hundred dollars to well over a thousand.  I spent  $75 plus shipping for the stave to make my bow.  Snake skin looks good but doesn't add anything else to the bow.  Rawhide and other coverings can add strength to a bow but then it is not legal for selfbow competition.  A nice Osage Orange (bodark) bow is nice to shoot and a work of art.

The 28# 1969 Bud Hitt bow had a very slight twist in the lower limb that I had to work on. It still shot good when I got it but I now have it straight again.  A common problem with older bows, especially lighter draw ones. My granddaughter shot it a few times now and loves it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#5]
added another bow to the collection.  Found a nice Bear Kodiak Hunter.  Looks like from 1971 or 1972. With the old compound I now have 8 bows.  I cut a couple mulberry staves this week to age so I can make some bows with them

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice bows!  Thank you for sharing!
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:32:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BratsundBier] [#7]
Nice collection. I have a few self bows both longbow and flatbow. I've been shooting bows since I was a child in the early 70s. Nothing like spending the day in the woods with a wood bow and wood arrows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top