Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2018 12:16:31 AM EDT
I'm in need of a new hunting pack. Does anyone have any experience with the Badlands Superday Pack? OR is there another pack you can recommend that doesn't cost a fortune?
I will mostly be using it for archery hunting and some gun hunting. I like to do all day sits when life/family allows so I usually have a fair amount of things on me.
One of the biggest things I'm looking for in a pack is one good for carrying a DSLR camera/camera equipment.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#1]
How much are those?    I have been thru a a few packs, including a badlands that was close to 200.   It seemed like a nice pack but just never fit me right.   Just plain hurt after a couple days of archery with 25 lbs. I do have a long torso at 6-4.

I bought this last year and really like it.  Kuiu ultra 3000, 410.00 complete.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
How much are those?    I have been thru a a few packs, including a badlands that was close to 200.   It seemed like a nice pack but just never fit me right.   Just plain hurt after a couple days of archery with 25 lbs. I do have a long torso at 6-4.

I bought this last year and really like it.  Kuiu ultra 3000, 410.00 complete.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/857/0FBF711A-E3E9-47B3-8E22-F708EC4779FC-458279.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/857/EA00A45B-69B1-4B0B-9B95-36403401C69E-458280.JPG
View Quote
It sounds like we might the about the same build. The Badlands Superday pack is $199 at Cabelas. I'm hoping to get a pack there because I have over $700 in points but I'm sure I can find something to blow those points on. You must be talking about the same one then.
I appreciate the reply and I'm really liking the looks of this Kuiu pack. A little more than I want to spend but a nice hunting pack is a necessity for me anymore. It's definitely an option I'm looking at.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:50:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCER] [#3]
Attachment Attached File

The suspension and belt on the Kuiu were a selling point for me.
There is a track to fine tune the shoulder harness, and once I found my sweet spot, it was really nice.

The belt system is also a big improvement over my badlands.

I thought I would miss all the little pockets you get on a badlands.  I don’t, and I already had a bunch of small ditty bags to organize storage in the main compartment.    There is are only two easily accessible compartments  on my Kuiu and that is fine with me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top