Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 1/3/2021 11:40:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DOG556]
Decided to dig out my like new PSE super short
Bow and get back to shooting again. I love this bow! But I never can find many reviews on it. Was the super short a niche’ marker bow? A failure??
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one too, also love it.  Time just marches on though.  New bows are every bit as fast with more letoff and deeper valley plus longer ata bows are just easier to hold.  I’m thinking of something new and easier to draw as time is never easy on the shoulders either.  If you are ever looking for a new bow in that size, I bought a bear super adjustable 5-70lb model for the wife a few years ago and it has a nearly identified footprint without the aggressive cams.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I really want another super short.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Matthews just came out with a 27" ata bow.

I own an Elite Valor at 28.75. it's a nice bow, but the strings SUCK. Put custom strings on now it's great. Elites have a very nice draw cycle. I was getting about 265fps at about 65lbs and 29.5 draw length.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
PSE has made several short bows over the years but they have never been as popular as the Mathews short bows. They Super Short was a quite short version of the quite popular Xforce bows of about 2007 2008. I think they only sold them with the original Xforce HF cams, I don't recall any with the subsequent GX cam. They were fast and had a fairly stiff although fairly smooth draw. The people that I know that has them loved them. They were kind of a niche bow although PSE did offer short versions of their Bowmadness line and their Vendetta line later on. Neither of those were Flagship level bows as the Super Short was.
I had a 2011 Vendetta XS which was maybe an inch + longer axle to axle and drew a bit easier. It was rated about 20 fps slower than the Super Short but I shot it a lot and shot it well. I wouldn't mind having another as that bow was a joy to shoot. I know everyone talks about longer bows being easier to hold steady but I didn't have any problem.
As mentioned before, Mathews makes some really short bows nowadays but I must confess Mathews is not my cup of tea...
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top