Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2019 6:42:47 PM EDT
I took about 8 years off from archery due to family and job commitments.  Now that two of my high school age children have a rekindled interest in archery, I too am getting back into it.  Given the near parallel or past parallel designs of newer bows, I realized I needed to replace my ancient Apple bow press (model 252).  I looked for the latest from Apple Archery but only found a few leftover products now being marketed by Feradyne Outdoors.  So what did I miss in eight years?

Did Feradyne buy Apple itself or did Apple go out of business and Feradyne bought the leftovers?  Whatever happened to the Apple Evolution bow press or the Eliminator press?  There are none for sale on the Interwebs, even used (I did not check Craigslist).  Were Apple's newer presses not suitable for the latest bows?  I know about the EZ Press and X-Press presses (and the dreadful looking Apple Edge press), so I am not asking for bow press recommendations.  I am genuinely curious about what happened to Apple Archery.  My Google-fu is apparently weak as I have found no information about what happened.

Anyone have more information or care to share?
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd be curious to know myself
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top