Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2019 11:54:51 PM EDT
So I have an apartment in North West Washington, D.C. and I was wondering if this is even a remotely plausible idea. Would it be illegal if I were to set up an arrow stop in some secluded alley behind my apartment and do some close range shooting just to keep my form in check? I know how this sounds, but I would be looking for a spot with just a large brick wall, no windows where I can set up my arrow target. I could find nothing in the D.C. legal code about this, so I was wondering if I could get away with this. My best guess is that it's prohibited, but I didn't see a law, and there might not be one as I imagine this is not a scenario the D.C. PD encounters often. I have a bright blue aluminum Olympic style riser that looks in no way menacing, and I would be standing no further than 20 feet from the target, so pretty much eliminate any possibility of an unsafe situation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I say go for it. You already looked this up and could not find anything against it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't see that having a good outcome if confronted by local law enforcement. If it was in your own yard that would be one thing... in an ally, not so good.

I'd find a local range to fling some arrows on the way home from work.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Just call the police department and ask them......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top