Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2020 7:26:47 PM EDT
All in all I am very impressed with the glass, plus the aiming points are dead nut on!

Can Your Crossbow Scope Do This At 100 Yards | Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7x32 Scope

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 11:54:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mav3rick] [#1]
I am new to crossbows and still trying to figure out which one to get so please forgive this question but can you use any scope on any crossbow? I see most come with one that appears to be designed to work with that particular crossbow and bolts that come with it. This is why I'm asking.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve never liked multiple reticles, so normally just use a regular scope.  For several years I used a Leupold shotgun/muzzleloader scope, but this year I’m trying out a Vortex rifle scope with a lighted reticle.  So yes, you just use a regular scope.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 4:37:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AP2020] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mav3rick:
I am new to crossbows and still trying to figure out which one to get so please forgive this question but can you use any scope on any crossbow? I see most come with one that appears to be designed to work with that particular crossbow and bolts that come with it. This is why I'm asking.
Thanks
View Quote
Yes, crossbow specific scopes are typically second focal plane variable powers.
On this scope, it rated from 330fps to 450fps. All you do is dial to your crossbows velocity,  and the range marks are automatically calibrated for the arrow's trajectory.

Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like mine.  The glass is 10x better than the scope that came with my center point cross bow.  Additionally, the hold overs are dead on from 20 yards out to 70 yards.  For some reason, the 80 yard hold over is grossly off....not certain why this is the case as all hold overs up to 80 are dead on target.  I don't plan to shoot that far, but it is frustrating.  The biggest positive is the clarity of the galss.  I'm very impressed with the scope.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 5:27:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Hunted with my new Vortex crossbow scope last weekend and it was dead on. No deer to be seen though.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:30:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duckbutter] [#6]
Help me out hear. A 2-7 rifle scope can be magnified with no issues due to a single aim point.

I see most of the xbow scopes that are  allied variable scopes actually aren’t. Meaning you set it on say 4 power(just an example) to match you bow speed. Once you sight in the multiple aiming distances at 4 power, turning it to 5 power will throw everything off.

Am I correct here?

Also how bad does a standard rifle scope paralleled at 100 yards effect shots?
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Duckbutter:
Help me out hear. A 2-7 rifle scope can be magnified with no issues due to a single aim point.

I see most of the xbow scopes that are  allied variable scopes actually aren’t. Meaning you set it on say 4 power(just an example) to match you bow speed. Once you sight in the multiple aiming distances at 4 power, turning it to 5 power will throw everything off.

Am I correct here?

Also how bad does a standard rifle scope paralleled at 100 yards effect shots?
View Quote

Yes you're correct about adjusting the power will throw off the multiple aiming points.  

I use a standard rifle scope on my crossbow.  The parallax issue really isn't a huge deal as far as hunting accuracy, but I loosened the end and adjusted my scope for a 30 yard parallax setting.  It's not hard to do and you can find instructions on the net.  It didn't make a huge difference accuracy wise, but it made me feel better. :)
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my Vortex scope a couple weeks ago and I like it.  Unfortunately, no deer showed up to try it out on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top