Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2006 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]
can we keep this on topic so this dont get locked.
Link Posted: 8/11/2006 3:55:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2006 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Got the IM's and thanks for the link.  I haven't gone through it all, but the info in that link is kinda' freaky to think about.  Action-reaction.  OODA, it's kinda' like sales- he who asks the questions controls the conversation.

I went back and re-read my posts on the first page of this thread.  The story about the dog- birdshot at 20 yards (give or take) made him mad and charge.  Point blank, muzzle firmly against his head, birdshot made a single hole that put him down without a twitch.  It did NOT cut his head in half, and the shot charge did NOT exit.  The gun had a 28" barrel with a full choke too.  That is a real story; I was there.  Scared me right out of ever trying birdshot for anything but small game ever again.  I stand behind everything I said, but...

if ikor says that 00Buck is barely adequate, and 000Buck is better, then I say go with that.  Better yet, make it copper plated, buffered, and a 3" shell.

Which brings the question, "which ammo maker do we need to pester to get adequate defense ammo for the 20 gauge?"  I would like to see it made by Remington or Winchester, but it might be better to ask the hillbillies at Kent perhaps?  Ballistic Products even has 0000 (yes, that 4 zeros) Buck for the handloader, so why not some commercial loads with that?  I mean, for cryin' out loud, we can get 00 and 000Buck for a .410, why not the 20gauge?

Just thinkin' out loud...
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/13/2006 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#5]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top