Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2007 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Well looking at some of the posts from the Shot Show on this site and couple of other sites.

I hope that FN is saving the best for last, and come out and steal the show with a Civie
SCAR! ( Not Mil or LE version)

Because the gauntlet just got thrown down by Kel-Tec and Magpul!

Its fine and dandy that they added .45 pistol, and its neat that you can now get rails on your PS-90.

But, if that is all theyare going to do.

Then the end result is:

Animation please!

Link Posted: 1/12/2007 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
If SCAR is late, I might have to cheat on the MASADA.

I'm serious..
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Day 2 has come and gone, and I counted only 2 pics of the SCAR!!!

HMMMM! Should I hold my breath some more

I got it!

SCAR H is the Kel-Tec

SCAR L is the Magpul.

That's it by Gumby!

Seriously! They better say something on Day 3 or it will be as some have thought!

It just ain't going to happen.

Animation Please:

Side Note: On what day did they announce the the FS2000 would be release to the Civilian market at the last Shot Show?

If it was Day 1, then I will have my answer on SCAR availability to us civilians!
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
doesnt look good for the SCAR .....I am very upset about the SCAR rifle this year, guys...dont hold your breath on the modularity part for this rifle....dont know if it is going to happen.......everyone at there area gave the same answer.....the SCAR L and H will be in 223 and 308 only for now....dont know about later and we dont know if the H will ever be modular with 762x39.......it was NEVER a requirement for the SCAR competition....it was just a plus if the companies involved COULD pull that off...I am upset because the whole time I have spoken to a rep they basically told me how awesome it was going to be blah blah blah modularity blah blah......and now they tell me they mean modular as in some parts from the H will fit with the L.....I am pissed.......but I still like the fact that we will have a 308 rifle that weighs 7.2lbs
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought for sure that cal. modularity was a SCAR feature requirement.  It looks to be intrinsic in the design.  FN simply needs to make the lower, bolt, & bbl for the different cals.  That's the only issue: FN's willingness to do so.  But we're getting ahead of ourselves here, as it's not even accessible.  Rumor is that it "might" be coming out by 2nd qtr '08.  That's still a ways off.
Link Posted: 1/13/2007 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I am thinking the SCAR L might have some trouble now.  

But the SCAR H seems to be what people are most excited about anyway.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I sold my fal and have been hoping to complete my collection with a scar H (.308) and ready
to spend major money to tick it out etc.... But I am wondering if we will ever see one
and wished I had never heard of them since too long to wait. The market really needs
something new and exciting in .308. Starting to think about an AR in that caliber
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Before anyone gets too bent out of shape here, I was told that semi SCARs are not an "if" but simply a matter of "when", and they are shooting for a SHOT '08 introduction.  As far as modularity, I was told that 6.8 versions of SCAR-L exist.  Understand that right now they are still in product development getting ready for full scale .mil production of the basic SCAR-L and -H models.  Mil testing and product changes are still ongoing... addressing the civilian market interests is something that will probably happen in the year and a half or so before they are available. There are more variants in the works as well, so hopefully it will be worth the wait.

BTW they are really cool
Link Posted: 1/16/2007 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Before anyone gets too bent out of shape here, I was told that semi SCARs are not an "if" but simply a matter of "when", and they are shooting for a SHOT '08 introduction.  As far as modularity, I was told that 6.8 versions of SCAR-L exist.  Understand that right now they are still in product development getting ready for full scale .mil production of the basic SCAR-L and -H models.  Mil testing and product changes are still ongoing... addressing the civilian market interests is something that will probably happen in the year and a half or so before they are available. There are more variants in the works as well, so hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Couldn't have said it better...
Link Posted: 1/16/2007 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmm.......SCAR-L or Masada? I want the SCAR-L in the worst way, and if and when they come out, I shall have one..........but the Masada might be a good backup plan if they dont..........I cant wait!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2007 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Masada and Scar L both, the ARF way.
Link Posted: 1/21/2007 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I was at the SHOT show.  Masada engineer said it would only be military for now.  Asked SCAR reps about 7.62x39.  They didn't seem to know anything about it.  Civilian intro was stated as March 2008.
Link Posted: 1/28/2007 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I talked to the rep on the last day he spilt is guts out to me. He just said there were working the bugs out of the gun before they release them. He did say they will be released  next year for us poor Civies. So if they make it out in early 08 we should be able to get a few before the Demons get in office. Tuna
Link Posted: 2/6/2007 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I called FNH About a year ago, they did not know when the SCAR would be availabkle for civi sale, but he did send me an OD Green SCAR T shirt (  I am so cool, NO ONE has these, HA )   .....about 3 weeks ago I email the same rp to say hello, he did tell me early to mid  2008  for civi sale...I will buy both the SCAR- L & SCAR-H...I need both...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top