User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
According to the Kel-Tec site, they have a 9mm Sig 226 version.  30 round P226 mags are available for only $11, and they work fine.

Roy
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
According to the Kel-Tec site, they have a 9mm Sig 226 version.  30 round P226 mags are available for only $11, and they work fine.

Roy

Where oh where does that occur???

For me, it is a matter of debating on getting the version that takes the P226 mags or the Glock mags.

wganz

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Roy

Where oh where does that occur???

For me, it is a matter of debating on getting the version that takes the P226 mags or the Glock mags.

wganz

Here.  Please keep in mind, the mag release button needs pushed in when INSERTING the mag also.  These worked fine in my 226, as fast as I could pull the trigger.  YMMV

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42073296

Roy
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:26:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Tagged for more info.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

wganz

Had gotten a .223 Saiga to convert to an underfolder as a trunk gun but was getting to be too much of a PITA to do{adding feedramps, cutting rails + reciever}. Put it back on consignment without ever putting a round through it towards a SUB 2000. The local funshop quoted me $250ish for it. Am getting the Glock version since I don't trust the extended 'Sig' mags plus got a killer deal on a refurb G17 from www.summitgunbroker.com.

wganz

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have said this before and will say this many times again. They need these things in 357sig. I would also like to see a threaded barrel on one.

I emailed them and asked them to make .357 Sig version that took the Glock mags. Maybe if enough people ask for them.....

wganz

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
A .357sig would be cool with good down range, 100 yard, ballistics but the .45ACP would rock...and get much more attention. Still no plans though. I have the .40SW using the Glock 15rnd mags and really like it. I have contacted Kel-Tec twice looking for the stock extension. Not so much for the extra inch but to protect the plastic front sight during transportation. Not much luck. I sure would like to know more about this company... How big, is business up or down, customer service..etc.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A .357sig would be cool with good down range, 100 yard, ballistics but the .45ACP would rock...and get much more attention. Still no plans though. I have the .40SW using the Glock 15rnd mags and really like it. I have contacted Kel-Tec twice looking for the stock extension. Not so much for the extra inch but to protect the plastic front sight during transportation. Not much luck. I sure would like to know more about this company... How big, is business up or down, customer service..etc.

Especially if they could use grease gun or thompson mags.
They are a little outfit in Central Florida that has been putting out guns for years.
I have never heard anything but good about their customer service, and all their products have a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser.

I don't care much for their pistols, though they have a loyal following, but I am very tempted to try out their SUB2000 and SU-16 gas piston 5.56mm line. The SU-16 torture test I read seemed to show the SU16 as a rugged, reliable little carbine.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I think they are great.  I bought one new, and liked it so much I bought a second one.  Mine are the old versions with the aluminum receivers instead of the newer polymer ones.

I did break a recoil spring in the second one that I bought used.  No doubt Kel-Tec will make it good.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top