Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Page / 46
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Chris-
Hey much thanks for the update.  I know you have been busting ass working on our uppers and truly appreciate that you wanted to make sure they were up to your standards before shipping.  I have only emailed for an update maybe once a week as I didn't want to hound you and slow you down.  Sorry to hear about some of the negative experiences.  It's a bummer things didn't work out perfectly but reality is most things usually don't go perfect especially when ramping up from prototype to production mode such as this.  

Personally I just feel like a kid waiting for christmas morning so I can rip open my presents and find a sweet BOHICA 50!!!  The anticipation is killing me but I know I just have to be patient.  Hell I still don't know what I am going to do for a scope on this thing yet.

Hang in there man!  And thanks again!!

David
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
And I thought I was the only one dumb enough to work over 14 hrs / day

Chris, somebody emailed me the other day and we talked about "Do it nice, or do it twice."

Go home and get some sleep, I can wait a couple more hours for my 2 uppers.....

Besides, we haven't got nearly enough ammo loaded
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Chris,

The reason you are getting 10 calls a day is because for the last two weeks you have been telling everyone that 40 or 50 are ready and will ship on Monday or Tuesday. In fact last week you said that ALL have been test fired and they just need to be cleaned!

It's Friday again and now you are saying NONE have shipped. How can 40 or 50 be ready on Sunday night two weeks in a row and be not ready again on Monday morning?

How can what you told everyone last Sunday be true and you still wont ship a single unit a week later?

You would have done yourself a big favor by at least getting these out to a few people (or at least one) so they could be writing about how happy they are with there purchase.

Right now there is only uncertainty. People want to believe that this is a good thing and it will happen but the doubt has come primarily from the statements you have made.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The general consensus has been that most guys are willing to wait for their package and have been checking in from time to time. This I understand and appreciate, no hard feelings, it's a lot of cash.

There are a few guys though that feel that calling or e-mailing me every day will get them their upper quicker. They will be shipped in the order the orders were placed. That's the only fair thing to do.

As to the fact that I should get 10 out to people so they can post that they got them? I'm not sure any of the first 10 or so people even have internet access!hock.gif

I stand behind my products and I'm a real easy guy to get along with, but I will stand my ground when it comes to something I believe in. I belive that a product that is rushed out gets far more bad press than something that was delivered late.

As far as "promised" ship dates go. I've not "promised" anything. I've said that I "think" they will be ready to go and "I'll try my best"  to get them out on Monday.  

They HAVE all been test fired.

All that remains is to clean 100 Rifles, install freefloat system, install handguards, pick bi-pods and hardware, final inspect, wrap for shipment, box for shipment, make sure manuals are done, cross check SN# with order, create invoice, create UPS label, drop off at UPS, cross check Tracking#'s, E-mail or call 100+ people.......I must be forgetting something else........h

Thanks to those who wait paitently - to the few others, let me know and I'll gladly move you to the bottom of the list.................hanks,
Chris Rosequist
BOHICA Arms Corp.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Chris...will the uppers be shipped with a new hold open? Thanks for all your hard work!
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#6]
hey fucknut, (40mm) he's working to make it right. Personally, I'll wait. Italked to him & he's a good guy, take a breath.

Did you order one or are you just a troll?
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Take your time, put out a good product, any delays will soon be forgotten. Thanks chris for your hard work!
Link Posted: 8/18/2007 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up 300 more primers at $26.95 per 100 and ordered a Lee 50 press kit and a .510 sizing die kit.  Should be here next by the end of next week.  With tax, came to $263 or so.  Got about 250 miles on the Harley Ultra so it was a good day.  I'm going to be loading 860 surplus and will probably load 20 rounds at 215 gr, 20 at 217.5, and 20 at 220 to see what gives the best accuracy.  I'm loading pulled api's.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2007 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#9]
With the pulled API's be sure that your impact area it clear of any combustible materials, especially as hot and dry as it has been this summer across the US.

Be careful and have fun

Jason
Link Posted: 8/18/2007 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the update Chris. I have no issues with waiting. If it makes things easier for you I'm more then willing to stop by your shop and pick mine up when it's ready. No rush or anything... Thanks again!
Link Posted: 8/19/2007 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 30" on order and I cannot wait to get it, but I understand the delays. Chris is a great guy who has answered all of my questions and like he said I would rather wait another week or two than have a defect that causes harm to myself or the gun. Now if only I could find a place to buy the .50 DTC ammo :(. Thanks for doing a awesome job and being patient with all of us anxious buyers Chris! I can't wait to receive your masterpiece.
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Patiently waiting. Has anyone heard anything?
Link Posted: 8/20/2007 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2007 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I paid for my upper last Friday, and was told my upper would ship this week.  Got an email from them today saying it should ship early next week..........

Link Posted: 8/23/2007 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Man, if this pans out, I can guarantee at least 5 sells from my town.  ~1500 people.
Link Posted: 8/23/2007 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Man, if this pans out, I can guarantee at least 5 sells from my town.  ~1500 people.

Maybe to put this 'its a scam' to bed Chris can post a pic of a row of uppers?
Link Posted: 8/23/2007 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#17]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

You say "patiently" 3 days after new news. That's good.  

Ha!
Link Posted: 8/24/2007 4:47:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/24/2007 5:25:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Damn I wished I saw this earlier!

:: Gets his phone ::

Edit: Sent email per phone call instruction  Woohoo!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2007 5:56:17 AM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:
Let's put a halt to the slams. I really hate to edit posts or lock a thread, never had to do it in a technical forum. We're all adults here, let's act like it.
The stuff that gets looked over in GD doesn't fly in the technical forums.

I am not sure if this was directed at me as my post is directly proceeding this one.  If so I do apologize.  I certainly did not mean my prior post to be a slam to Itchytrigger.  I just noticed something that I found to be mildly amusing.  So Itchy, no harm was meant.

Good day eh!
Link Posted: 8/24/2007 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/24/2007 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine is suppossed to ship next week, I don't know why anyone should be worried, if you paid via a credit card you have 3 statements after the charge is made to contest something.  So it's delayed a few more weeks, I want mine right when I get it, I'll just wait thank you very much.

I am collecting my components for re-loading my 50 BMG ammo since it's a little pricey to buy off the shelf.   I have them all but I need to buy some other bullets than API.
Link Posted: 8/24/2007 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Boy some of you guys remind me of little kids waiting for a new video game.  Calm down and you will get your uppers when they are perfected and ready to be shipped.

-Derek
Link Posted: 8/24/2007 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Man oh man.  It is still almost a month away before Halo 3 comes out.  That I can't wait for!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2007 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Jason
Link Posted: 8/24/2007 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Hi guys!

To all of you who have patiently waited. The first 50 are on the way. If you are in the range of those that shipped you will get an E-mail confirmation from UPS Quantum view.

To those who are still waiting, please hang in there! I'm going to do everything I can to get the balance shipped next week.

To the few people who have begun calling/e-mailing every day. Please let me kindly refund your money with no hard feelings. I'm sure you can find another upper for double the money and 4 times the wait.......:rolleyes:

To everybody else (98% of you)  -  I thank you for your patience!

Sincerely

Chris Rosequist
Bohica Arms Corp
Link Posted: 8/24/2007 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Question: How do I know I am confirmed as being on the Waiting list, I sent an email but I would like to know for sure.
Link Posted: 8/24/2007 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyway we can find out what our number is? My name is Jamie Kirk, thanks Chris!
Link Posted: 8/25/2007 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#29]
When the Bohica Lady finalized my order a month ago and got my CC info, she mentioned that I was #51, IIRC.  Looks like I missed the first shipment by one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2007 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Not meant to get your hopes up. But there has been a few who canceled. Maybe, just maybe one was in the first 50 after you ordered yours.
Link Posted: 8/25/2007 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Tagged for pics and reviews!  
Link Posted: 8/25/2007 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Tagged for pics and reviews!  

Link Posted: 8/25/2007 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Starting the loading process now.  Man, I forgot how slow single stage loading is.  I'm using the Lee 50 bmg case trimmer.  The case holder actually tightens down enough to hold the brass without taking the skin off of your hands to tighten it.  I also figured out how to get those dark stains off of the shoulder area.  After I trim, chamfer and debur, I run some steel wool on the case with the drill running.  Helps clean them up pretty nice.  

What do you guys use to ream the primer crimps?  I don't have a specific tool so I'm using my chamfer tool.  Does anyone make a 50 bmg swager like the RCBS unit that you use on a single stage press?
Link Posted: 8/25/2007 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
What do you guys use to ream the primer crimps?  I don't have a specific tool so I'm using my chamfer tool.  Does anyone make a 50 bmg swager like the RCBS unit that you use on a single stage press?

A 5/16 drill bit in a drill press works well. Or at least thats what Ive been using with LC05 and LC06 brass.
Link Posted: 8/25/2007 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Are you just barely protruding the drill bit into the brass?
Link Posted: 8/25/2007 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Are you just barely protruding the drill bit into the brass?

Hold the brass with your hand, so you have some feel of depth. The tip of the drll bit bottoms out on the flash hole. You see a slight ring around flash hole. Haven't shot any yet,
but the primer seems to seat slightly below the rim of the case bottom. And the CCI primers go in and seat with ease!
Link Posted: 8/25/2007 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I also figured out how to get those dark stains off of the shoulder area.  After I trim, chamfer and debur, I run some steel wool on the case with the drill running.  Helps clean them up pretty nice.  

I would not recommend using steel wool on a brass case. This can cause dissimilar metal corrosion and this can weaken the case. Get some "Scotch Bright" and use this. Better to be safe than sorry and the Scotch Bright does not cost that much.
Link Posted: 8/25/2007 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Just ordered a swage rod from CH Tool.  I must have talked to the guy on the phone for at least 20 minutes.  Seems like a really nice fellar.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2007 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#39]
I have been using the CH Tool primer pocket swager, purchased from Wideners for $35.  Real easy to use, primers seat easily.  

Oh, yeah...just want to say   WOOHOO!!!! To Chris!!!   I am so not worried about this little delay.  Am I looking forward to receiving my upper?  Hell yes!!!  The anticipation is killing me but it's worth the wait.  I remember ordering a barrel from a well known custom barrel maker, was quoted 6 weeks wait when I ordered......it took 13 weeks.  Did the wait suck? Yes, yes it did.  Am I happy with the barrel?  Yes, yes I am!    
Link Posted: 8/25/2007 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Under a grand is cheap for a 50 upper , but it may have issues
like a weak breech that can explode with one wrong surplus round (those bad boys have over 15k lbs ME (that is 15000 pounds of muzzle energy) , also there is the bolt design, not all are the same.Also they need a really big recoil compensator which i dont see in the pic..But i see a nice recoil pad and built in bipod..

Link Posted: 8/26/2007 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Under a grand is cheap for a 50 upper , but it may have issues
like a weak breech that can explode with one wrong surplus round (those bad boys have over 15k lbs ME (that is 15000 pounds of muzzle energy) , also there is the bolt design, not all are the same.Also they need a really big recoil compensator which i dont see in the pic..But i see a nice recoil pad and built in bipod..

Jaxxkat, You sir are presuming to know how this rifle is made based on the price of the weapon. Do you know this guys business model? One business model is called an introductory pricing. This is where the first XXX units are sold at a reduce price to get some customers to buy the product. They rave about this product and then others got to have one. But the price has floated up to a fair market value. But people still will buy at the normal price because they have heard so much about how good this product is.

So, if I was you, I would think better before posting something like the above. In this sue happy society. You have just opened yourself up to a defamatory suit by Bohica Arms. For I read from your post that this product MAY be defective based on your thinking that just because the price is low. You would do well to hold your tongue unless you have iron clad information that would stand up in a court of law. Good luck, I pray that he uses KY jelly with you if he so desires to tell you "Bohica".
Link Posted: 8/26/2007 6:14:24 AM EDT
[#42]
I would really like to hear the reviews once people have the chance to try them out.  I am trying to raise funds for one myself.
Link Posted: 8/26/2007 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#43]
JaxxKat,

I won't jump your bones like some of the other posters might..... (Thanks guys!)

But I do agree that you are passing judgement without any knowledge of the product. You clearly show your ignorance by stating how "bad" the 50's are.

Have you EVER shot one?  15K/ft lbs is a little on the exessive side for muzzle energy. 12-13K/ft lbs is more realistic. Chamber pressures are in the order of 60-65Ksi A hot 308 or '06 can be higher.  

As for a "big recoil compensator" are you refering to a muzzle brake? The gas port area on my brake is 16X the bore diameter, this effectively vents the all high pressure gas in a distance of 2" to drasticly reduce the recoil impulse.

FYI my recievers are built like the proverbial brick shithouse. The fron trunion is milled from SOLID 4140 and hardened to the 42 Rockwell range. The bolts are also made from solid 4140 and hardened to the same spec.

The failure mode analysis of the reciever/bolt combo has a 3X safetymargin at 85ksi chamber pressure. Therefore it would be expected to fail at approx 250 KSI chamber pressure.

I won't BOHICA you, I just would like you to know WTF you're talking about before you got critical.

I expect people to pass their own judgement on my product, and I expect to hold up to the scrutiny.

Please return to your armchair and find a football game to QB.

Thanks,

Chris Rosequist
Bohica Arms Corp.

Link Posted: 8/26/2007 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I would really like to hear the reviews once people have the chance to try them out.  I am trying to raise funds for one myself.

Ditto my friend, just sold 3 30 cal rifles and I am half way provided I can still get in on the intro price. But I too want to see what are the opinions of the first owners. So, really cant buy at this time and works out that I will need to wait while the first owners get to the range.
Link Posted: 8/26/2007 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#45]
BTW,

I would be willing to consider trades toward purchase of an upper.

Items I'm looking for:

Remington Model 8 in .25 Rem
Remington Model 14 in .25 Rem
Beretta pistols - model 1915,1919,1923 & 1935
Beretta BM59
Beretta AR-70 (original)
Robinson M-96 Carbine
1903A3 Springfield
Parts kits (MG-34, Hotchkiss, Lewis, Gorynov, Dshk, etc.)
FN FAL (Must Be FN not DSA or other domestic)

Thanks,

Chris Rosequist
Bohica Arms Corp
Link Posted: 8/26/2007 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#46]
LMAO I always look forward to reading Chris's post! Most companies kiss ass but he tells it like it is and I LOVE IT!

Looking forward to mine Chris and don't mind all these idiots who come in here sprouting BS.

Jamie
Link Posted: 8/26/2007 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#47]
BTW Chris are you going to have any DTC uppers at the Vegas show of Arizona show? If you do I will drive up and pick one up! :)
Link Posted: 8/26/2007 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Roo,

Didn't make the Vegas show (Ends today)

Don't know if I'll make the crossroads on the 8th either. I figured it would look bad being at a show when previous commitments haven't been filled. Once everybodys have shipped this week, I'm taking a week off with my family (if they remember me)

I GUARANTEE I'll be at Tulsa in October and SAR/Crossroads in December. But you should get one sooner than that if you're on the list.

Thanks!

Chris Rosequist
Bohica Arms Corp.
Link Posted: 8/26/2007 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Take some time off and go have fun with your family,, family is more important than toys.

I am on the list but I think I am very high up there. I debated getting a .50 because of the price of ammo and such but I caved and sent you an email I think 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for the prompt responses and putting up with the idiots, there are some of us that do appreciate it :)

Jamie
Link Posted: 8/26/2007 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Dang Chris,

2 of the 3 where 1903s but at this time I would be hard pressed to say if they were A3.  Oh, well. Maybe I will have better luck next time. LOL

Page / 46
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top