Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Call Bob "Alise"? at FN customer service he is a class act at will have you up and running in no time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]
After reading all of your posts I think I am happier knowing I got one with
the original trigger pack. All this talk about getting my face blown off for more political
correctness  , lol, where the hell is anyone going to be able to get there hands on this other part to make this gun fire in full auto?  I'd be worried if I had the new trigger pack
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 4:33:59 AM EDT
[#3]
With the PS90, the trigger reset is extremely long to the point it feels like you let off the trigger entirely. The trigger pull is very stiff and vague (approx 7-8 lbf)
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Andy you are a luck man........
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:52:41 AM EDT
[#5]
"SAFETY SEAR"

Now that's political correctness at it's best right there!!

The "Safety Sear" is not going to help you if the out of battery is caused by a overly sensitive primer.

I wish my AR's had "Safety Sears" in them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"SAFETY SEAR"

The "Safety Sear" is not going to help you if the out of battery is caused by a overly sensitive primer.

Sensitive primer? Or, do you mean a primer not seated properly in the case? And yes I think I know what sear you are talking about , My NFA Reg. M-16 has one.... I was told that there are 2 sears in the FS2000 a primary and a secondary, the secondary or foward sear was removed for political correctness.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"SAFETY SEAR"

Sensitive primer? Or, do you mean a primer not seated properly in the case? And yes I think I know what sear you are talking about , My NFA Reg. M-16 has one.... I was told that there are 2 sears in the FS2000 a primary and a secondary, the secondary or foward sear was removed for political correctness.

You mean your M16 has a rear sear, but no forward sear?  Talk about ticking time-bomb!  I'll take it off your hands for $1000 right now.  

Seriously, if the FS2000's forward sear works in the same way the one on my PS90 does, I would not want to have a trigger pack without it.  It would seem to be just a matter of time before something bad happens without something to stop the hammer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#8]
for those without a safety sear, where does the hammer spring at the bottom go?  Mine with the safety sear on the ps 90 and fs2000 are hooked into a groove on the bottom of the safety sear. Does ot just go around the pin?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been following this thread for sometime now and I'm curious to know if any of the "firearm design engineers & legal advisors" who have been responding to this article "Can actually provide documented proof (engineering reports, accident reports, photos, etc.) of an "out of battery" discharge/damage with a FS2000, PS90, and/or AR15/M16 system?"

I'm not aware of any and I'm not an expert, but I would like to review some actual proof of what some of the "experts" are making reference to (i.e. - This horse has been kicked pretty good !!!).
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've been following this thread for sometime now and I'm curious to know if any of the "firearm design engineers & legal advisors" who have been responding to this article "Can actually provide documented proof (engineering reports, accident reports, photos, etc.) of an "out of battery" discharge/damage with a FS2000, PS90, and/or AR15/M16 system?"

I'm not aware of any and I'm not an expert, but I would like to review some actual proof of what some of the "experts" are making reference to (i.e. - This horse has been kicked pretty good !!!).

It is prob. like 1 in a million but it does get you thinking
Link Posted: 5/10/2007 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you want to be the 1 in a million?
Link Posted: 5/11/2007 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I cant post a link to the vid because I cant find it but I did see an vid of an AR15 KB from an out of battery detonation while shooting at a advanced operators training course.  

The senario was an ambush that they were trying to cover fire, then escape and evade the area in a couple Crown Vic's.  The instructior started yelling "keep in the F&%KING fight!, keep in the F*^KING fight!"   It was a very traumatic vid to watch.  

I would not want a KB like that to happen by my neck and face.  Because of the AR15 design, there was little dammage to the shooter.  The FS2000 and PS90 would have been tragic.  

The guy that runs the course is adament against the use of Bulpups because he has seen so many out of battery detonations with AR's.
Link Posted: 5/22/2007 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been considering buying an FS2000, then I read this thread.

If, as many here claim, it is now less safe to operate, do you think I should still get one, or stick with AR's and AK's? Maybe there is a certain serial number range I should look for?

Sorry if this sounds silly, I'm a noob to guns and bullpups especially.

thanks
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top