User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just as a clarification, I wrote the fourth paragraph.  The previous three was cut and pasted from the Benelli Forum.  I'm the the original author.  

<FIRESUIT ACTIVATED!>

Yes, we are all well aware of 922(r) around here.  We had a nice multi-page discussion or two on just that subject with regards to the M4 not long ago.  

here

Also, the crap you quoted (I saw it in the Benelli forum also) is factually inaccurate and alarmist bullshit for the most part.  I love how the original poster thinks he suddenly discovered a great secret we (firearms owners) didn't know.    When we get US made fire control group parts, as well as the already available magazine tubes, mag followers, and forends, the M4 will be under the necessary parts count for 922(r) and we can configure it any way we want to.    The alarmist who wrote that crap at the Benelli forum should be much more worried about the tens of thousands of bubbas building AK kits with no compliance parts in them.  Many of them have never heard of 922(anything), I can assure you!

Hey, thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just as a clarification, I wrote the fourth paragraph.  The previous three was cut and pasted from the Benelli Forum.  I'm the the original author.  

<FIRESUIT ACTIVATED!>

Yes, we are all well aware of 922(r) around here.  We had a nice multi-page discussion or two on just that subject with regards to the M4 not long ago.  

here

Also, the crap you quoted (I saw it in the Benelli forum also) is factually inaccurate and alarmist bullshit for the most part.  I love how the original poster thinks he suddenly discovered a great secret we (firearms owners) didn't know.    When we get US made fire control group parts, as well as the already available magazine tubes, mag followers, and forends, the M4 will be under the necessary parts count for 922(r) and we can configure it any way we want to.    The alarmist who wrote that crap at the Benelli forum should be much more worried about the tens of thousands of bubbas building AK kits with no compliance parts in them.  Many of them have never heard of 922(anything), I can assure you!

Its going to be great when we can finally add the mag extensions or pistol grips to Benellis.  Until then, I am sticking with the FN as there are no such issues (US made gun).
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<FIRESUIT ACTIVATED!>

here

Its going to be great when we can finally add the mag extensions or pistol grips to Benellis.  Until then, I am sticking with the FN as there are no such issues (US made gun).

FN's shotguns hardly compare to the Benellis, though they are nice guns.  There is also a better aftermarket by far for the M1 Super 90s, and a decent aftermarket for the M4 Super 90s.  Since nobody knows of a single case of 922(r) being prosecuted (aside from tacking it on to other charges) many people choose to ignore it.  Not that I would advocate such wanton violation of an obscure and idiotic law mind you.  Yes, the US made parts will be nice, I can't wait to get them so I can finally add that full length mag tube and collapsible stock to my M4.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2008 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I talked with the folks at the shop, and was told that they've refined the program, and are going to make some samples this week out of aluminum. I hope they come through with them. I will let you know at the end of the week where we are.
Link Posted: 2/10/2008 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the update Yallknowwho!
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 5:47:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't read every post of this thread, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

Since there is no way to prove where a part was actually manufactured and a sales receipt would be the only "evidence" that US made parts had been purchased and installed to make a Benelli 922r compliant...

Has anyone considered marking Benelli parts with a USA?  I have never stripped my M1 down, but I would be surprised if Benelli marked their parts.  Why not just stamp them US and say they were US made?
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
I didn't read every post of this thread, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

Since there is no way to prove where a part was actually manufactured and a sales receipt would be the only "evidence" that US made parts had been purchased and installed to make a Benelli 922r compliant...

Has anyone considered marking Benelli parts with a USA?  I have never stripped my M1 down, but I would be surprised if Benelli marked their parts.  Why not just stamp them US and say they were US made?

I "hope" once Yallknowwho's people get done with prototypes that they stamp it with the company or date (or something) on the pieces and state that in the bill of sale / invoice for the matching pieces.
I'll buy 3 or 4 sets 'JIC' just so I can buy more M1014's for my kids one day.
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The burden of proof is on you, not the ATF.  It will be pretty hard to convince a jury you aren't full of crap when there aren't any US manufacturers of the parts in question.  Once there actually is a US mfgr of said parts it might be a little easier to pull off.  I'll wait for yallknowwho to get the parts in production a drop some $$ to make mine legal.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok I stopped by today, and they have the pattern dialed in perfectly and will make a piece out of steel this week (or so they tell me).

I did snap a horrible pic of the pattern cut into some aluminum with my cell phone today. The pattern lines up perfectly with the real benelli part:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2466/0225081002eh9.jpg

the other parts are a cinch to make. The trigger requires a 5 step milling process. Hopefully I will be able to test the part this weekend, perhaps next weekend but I will update more ASAP.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

I "hope" once Yallknowwho's people get done with prototypes that they stamp it with the company or date (or something) on the pieces and state that in the bill of sale / invoice for the matching pieces.
I'll buy 3 or 4 sets 'JIC' just so I can buy more M1014's for my kids one day.

they will definitely be marked with US once they are made.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#11]
yallknowho

That is GREAT news!!!

Did you pay them for the CAD drawings ?  (Do you own them?)

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

~Friedcheese
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome; I so look forward to putting these parts on my M4, please, let me know when you get these parts into full production, because I am 110% certain to buy them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#13]
also been collecting my U.S.A. parts here....   I got the surefire picatinny foreend.   I know the sweet 12v flashlight I clamped to the right side don't count, but the foreend sure should.

My buddy was going to make me a couple of U.S.A. pistons, figured I'd guinnea pig them this Spring.  '

But I'd buy the parts on this deal for sure!  right now am happy w/ the conventional hunting stock... but I'm sure I'd love the collapsing stock once I'd get a permission letter!
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 7:28:49 PM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
yallknowho

That is GREAT news!!!

Did you pay them for the CAD drawings ?  (Do you own them?)

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

~Friedcheese

I made the drawings myself. They did a little to clean up the angles and curves, but I did 99% of the work.

I'll definitely be keeping everyone updated with progress.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Any progress on this?
Link Posted: 4/21/2008 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Im out, looks like I will not need these part's after all.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Once a month we get one of these threads where someone announces their intent to make 922r parts for the Benelli. A month later the threads dies.

People tend to WAY underestimate the amount of work and money that goes into this.  Fire control parts for any firearm are not something you take to your local machinist for simple duplication.  Critical tolerances and engagement angles are not something that translate well when reverse engineering something like this. You need the original drawings.  The reason AK and FAL 922r parts are so accessible is because the original drawings are so accessible.  Chances are very high if not 100% that the finished parts will not fit or function properly in the intended firearm.  Then they're looking at costly revisions which no one is going to pay for and the idea dies.

If this were as easy as visiting your local machinist, we wouldn't have any 922r difficulties.
Link Posted: 5/4/2008 2:35:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Once a month we get one of these threads where someone announces their intent to make 922r parts for the Benelli. A month later the threads dies.

People tend to WAY underestimate the amount of work and money that goes into this.  Fire control parts for any firearm are not something you take to your local machinist for simple duplication.  Critical tolerances and engagement angles are not something that translate well when reverse engineering something like this. You need the original drawings.  The reason AK and FAL 922r parts are so accessible is because the original drawings are so accessible.  Chances are very high if not 100% that the finished parts will not fit or function properly in the intended firearm.  Then they're looking at costly revisions which no one is going to pay for and the idea dies.

If this were as easy as visiting your local machinist, we wouldn't have any 922r difficulties.

Hmmm... Good point.
Link Posted: 5/4/2008 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I hate to wiz on everyone’s spark plugs, but putting a full-lenght magazine tube on a non-NFA M4 that has a pistol grip is illegal—PERIOD! Buying one is OK, as is selling one, but put it on the gun, get caught, and your butt is hanging out there. If you look at the law you will see that because it is a foreign made semi-auto shotgun, and does not have the required number of U.S. made parts, it can only have one (1) of the following; magazine capacity over 5 shots, flash suppressor, bayonet lug, pistol grip, removable magazine, folding or collapsible stock. The reason Benelli stopped selling the M1014 stock to civilians is because it has both the pistol grip AND the collapsible stock which is in violation of federal firearms law. Don’t believe me—call ATF..

Does that mean I can put a USA made 870 model magazine extension on my bone stock (fixed stock, no pistol grip) imported Russian Remington Baikal SPR453 12g???
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Anything new here?
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Guys.... go to page 8 - yallknowwho has an update there.

GO HERE!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top