Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:01:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Joe my chest size is fat 48,I removed  one of the adjustment straps on the bottom and started stuffing mags in.My screen  name is from a book  about a comet strike on earth, called Lucifershammer ,good read!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:16:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry forgot ,that's over a t-shirt,plenty of adjustment left for armor and or jacket.That book is by Larry Niven if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a copy of that book.  Joe, I'll hook you up with it if you'll knock about 30% off one of those black Wastachs.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Joe,

Funds in bound.....Thanks again!!!!!!!

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Joe,

Just got the Weesatch today.....Thanks Brother......But how in the hell did you get a package from New York to Colorado in 48 HOURS

Take care and stay safe,

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:37:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh Hell, I guess I'll just have to order the OD Weesatch with khaki/coyote accessories then!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll take pics and post as soon as I get the gear.  I was gonna order the HSGI double mag modular but wasn't sure how well it would fit M1A mags.  Any thoughts on how they'll work with the 7.62 20 rounders?

Edit to clarify:  I know that they are universal but in the pic it looks like the M1A mag was stuffed in there pretty tight and I had visions of the whole carrier moving while trying to yank that thing out of the mag pouch!  Just curious to hear from someone who had fit them in and removed them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#11]
To help some people still wondering if this thing is as good as sliced bread I took some pics to show how universal this thing is.
Plates are installed in the pics BUT YOU CAN NOT JAM ALL "THIS STUFF" IN THE RIG AND EXPECT IT TO WORK WELL IT MUST BEND AROUND YOUR BODY. This loaded up it doesn't bend much. This is just to show how universal the rig is. As the rigs bends around your body the pouch space shrinks up making the fit tighter but by skipping a pouch or down loading them you can get good results with damn near any magazine short of a BETA C.

Left to right 1 Glock 23,  4-UZI 25rd, 2-AK 30rd, 4 Glock 15rd, 2- FN-FAL 20rd, 2HK G-3 20rds, 2 16 30rd, 1 "deputygadget special less lethal strip" 7rds.

If anyone notices the shoulder pads are off an surplus RPG bag and the I sewed the less lethal pouch cover making it a different color. It dosen't come with these special "CHEAP BASTARD" additions.

AGAIN IT WASN'T DESIGNED TO CARRY ALL THIS STUFF AND WORK WELL BUT THESE PICS SHOW HOW UNIVERSAL THE RIG CAN BE.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Cool pics Deputygadget

I'm pretty much sold on the Weesatch once I get some money saved up for gear, that or an SO Tech Callahan, the Weesatch has the better price tag though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Excellent, I'll order tonight!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
......But how in the hell did you get a package from New York to Colorado in 48 HOURS

I see a pattern here... Ordered from New York on Tuesday, delivered in Hawaii on Saturday.  Very impressive!

I'm waiting for my plates to get here to set it up, then I'll post some pics.  Thanks for the hook-up on the Magpuls!

-Randy aka "Another happy SKD customer"
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:07:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

Here's one for the Postal Service!
Jeff,
Thanks for keeping me updated.  Great to hear you got it safe... Put up some pics when its all kit out!

Joe

Joe,

Will do.....Thanks again Brother.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:44:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:56:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I am a proud Weesatch owner and a happy SKD customer.  Joe does awesome work in taking care of his customers.  You can't go too far wrong buying HSGI products and if you are going to do that, you can't go too far wrong buying them from SKD!!

Here are pics of my Wee.  Keep in mind that I am not 100% finished.  I still am waiting for a couple pouches.

Front
http://gypsy-poet.diaryland.com/images/weesatchfront.jpg

Rear
http://gypsy-poet.diaryland.com/images/weesatchback.jpg
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#22]
red X's for me, I wanna see that Weesatch!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#23]
red X's also I really want to see how everyone is doing there's up
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Front
gypsy-poet.diaryland.com/images/weesatchfront.jpg

Rear
gypsy-poet.diaryland.com/images/weesatchback.jpg

Click on the above, they should work now... had periods on the ends of the addresses.

ETA:  Which hydration carrier is that?  How do you like it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow I'd better not let my rig see those pics she will feel soooooooooo naked. But thats how I like her, naked that is!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#26]
K9PD, you should be able to see it now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Double R,

It is an EGL (extreme gear labs)  www.geardo.com hydration carrier.  I like it a lot so far, it is very well built.

Thanks for the hookup on the links.  I don't know how the periods got in the URL, but I fixed them.  All should be able to see the images now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Frznballz007...

Thanks, I just saw your post over @LF.net!  Anyways, this is making me antsy... my plates and EssTac pouches should be here this week!  Just need to decide on a hydration carrier and throw my Weesatch together.  Oh, and sell all of this other stuff I don't need anymore.

-Randy
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#29]
nice, I am waiting on a few pouches myself and when they come in I will get up some pic's
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Ordered my Weesatch from SKD Friday, and got it today.  NY to CA over the weekend!  Thanks a bunch, this rig is awesome!  I will post pics as soon as I get the HSGI dual mag pouch.  BTW the Maxpedition gear is some nice stuff.  I was very surprised by the high quality of material and construction.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:59:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes, the H3 I intended to put on the bib.  As with all good intentions though, once I started fiddling with the vest everything started moving around!  I am still not 100% where the H3's final home will be, but it's looking like the bib.  Now I realize that I need the hydration carrier.  I do have a question for you and/or the other wee/wa owners out there.  What is the best way to clean up the extra strappage.  I don't want to cut too much off but I'd like a neat way to rig the extra strapping in. Thanks again.

By the way, the name comes from a particularly painful experience.  I was at a tactical handgun class in NV and during some rapid fire strings a single ejected case flipped straight up and came straight down wedging itself neatly between the right earpiece of my glasses and my temple.  I still have the little rectangular scar!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Man I had the same burn but it was at a rifle school and rifle brass is hotter I think. I should have known something was way wrong when the entire line came over to look at my damn face, My skin was charred I was dating a paramedic at the time and she saved me the scaring with constant antiscaring cream and vitamin E. Can't tell it every happened or my name would be "deputycharredface"
I put rubber bands on my straps as a temp fix till I decide how I'm going to keep it set up and work with it in the field a bit when I decide I think I will tape them down. The waist strap I'm going to leave long as I tug on it to tighten the thing up I keep the rig buckled up  I drop it over my head then tug the strap to tighten it up faster to get it on and moving I don't have to spend so much time on yoga classes reaching around and trying to buckle  the thing up.

Again another happy SKD/HSGI customer.    
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Ouch, I can't imagine taking a 5.56 or 7.62 stuck to the face!  Thanks for the tips on the strapping.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#37]
DAMN IT JIM!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#39]
lol, it's just a dorky reference to the old Star Trek.  I am thinking I may have to buy that khaki weesatch and my inner Bones was screaming "DAMN IT JIM"!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Per Joe's request here is the pic of my Weesatch plus gear.  All purchased from SKD, an AWESOME outfit to do business with.  Thanks again Joe and I'll be ordering more this weekend!

EDIT TO ADD:  I stole the pistol on the far right compartment with radio tabs from Deputy Gadget, great idea!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Oh yeah, my wife is wondering what it would take to have two half circles stitched away from the bib between the shoulder straps.  She's a 34 DD (125 lbs) and likes the constructiion of the Wee. I'd hate to burden the mods and the ARF.com members with pics of that though.....  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
pic of my Weesatch plus gear

Brassburn-

Any thoughts yet on shoulder pads vs. no pads?  Have you found them necessary?  With how much weight?  TIA.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:48:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Brassburn,

Nice looking rig!!

My wife is also... um.... well endowed, and she likes the tac vest set up.  She like the Weesatch/Wastach, but w/ her bust, the tac vest just works better.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Frznballz007, thanks for the compliment!  I'm not sure if I'll ever get the wife into any sort of tac vest but it made for a nice mental picture!

Slim, the pads give the wee a little more of a stable feel across the shoulder.  With maybe four loaded mags, a radio, and some personal gear, they would not be strictly necessary, although I suspect that even with a light load they would be appreciated after a few days in the field.  When I load the vest down, with 8-12 mags, hydration, and more assorted gear, they definitely earn their keep.  At $15 there is no reason not to buy them so that you'll have them if you need them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#45]

When I load the vest down, with 8-12 mags, hydration, and more assorted gear, they definitely earn their keep.  At $15 there is no reason not to buy them so that you'll have them if you need them.

Brass-
Thanks, that's what I figured, and at $15 it's worth trying out.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Oooooo, now you've done it!  I predict there will be some images uploaded to HSGI's forum by the end of the week.  I think they should get to see their gear displayed by a more eye pleasing chest than mine!

The H3 currently has a Garmin GPS, Gerber multiplier, and a bundle of para-cord in it.  As for the shoulder pads, you put it better than I did by mentioning that they make the gear "sit square".  That's a great description of what the pads do for any loadout.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#48]
I got to work out a little bit with my wasatch this week-end and found a few problems.

**  It carries so much ammo it takes way to long to shoot through all the mags in the rig

**  Loading all your mags causes your thumb to hurt

**  If you try to do tactical reloads and keep your eyes on your target you may not be able to
      find all your mags because you lose track where they are because they are everywhere.

**  After you have run through your mags( downloaded to just a few rounds each) in your rig and
      transion to your handgun the tempature of your rifle's barrel will be  the same as Luke
      Skywallker's light saber, this proven as it comes to rest on your thigh.  BE CAREFUL  
      BRASSBURN!!!!!!!!!!! BE CAREFUL !!!!!!!!!!

It works better than I thought the above are not real problems of course. I put a few hundred rifle rounds with some follow up handgun work from various positions reloading from all positions and the rig was working like a champ my rifle shooting wasn't that good though.

Carrying this thing loaded up is a pain in the ass but wearing it is not!  I wore it back to my truck because it was so much better than carrying the thing. The weight of your gear seems to melt away when you get it on. Now cops and soldiers are going be be more forgiving with weight. Cops we generally wear a fairly heavy gun belt and are wrapped up in kevlar, soldiers carry 10 times the gear of a cop, more kevlar and a 3 or 4 pound hat on their head and do this 8, 10, 12, 24 hours at a time. If you are not used to carrying stuff on you it's going to feel weighty.

I didn't feel really weighted down with this thing at all, I expected to be but wasn't  and I have very heavy ceramic plates.  Shooting and reloading from prone was better than I expected as well.

I'm trying to figure out how to sew velcro on the bib so I can attach an ID strip. I wrapped the webbing with velcro one wrap but that kind of sucked, I don't want to hand sew it I'm thinking about about gluing some velcro on with an adhesive any ideas, maybe somebody makes a velcro panel that attaches to webbing?

I really like the BLACK I'll have to second the DAMN IT JIM reference.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
-SNIP- maybe somebody makes a velcro panel that attaches to webbing? -SNIP-

Both Blackhawk and SOE make MOLLE compatible velcro patch panels.  The Blackhawk is only available in black, but the SOE panel is available in more colors.  I've got the Blackhawk Small Utility Pouch on the bib of my Weesatch, and it has a 2"x6" velcro panel on the flap.

BHI Patch Panel
BHI Small Ute Pouch
SOE Website (it's under the MOLLE category)

Also, about the shoulder pads, they help the fit and carry of the Weesatch a great deal when worn without armor underneath.  I found that if I am going to wear armor underneath, I can remove the pads and the Weesatch rides at the proper height without having to adjust the straps out for the increased bulk.  I still have to adjust the waist strap, but better one than three!

HTH! -Randy
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Lol, gadget, a little while back I coined the phrase "gun crack" to refer to Mr. La Rue's mounts and accessories.  Gene at HSGI is making the perfect gun crack gear to go with the weps.  More and more I find myself saying DAMN IT JIM!! These guys have a new generation of gear out ever other week it seems like.  Fortunately my wife is VERY understanding.  Check out the HSGI forum and you'll see what I mean.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top