Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2024 1:00:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: azmp5]
I've seen wait times being ridiculously low lately and I figure I should get some suppressors I've been eyeing.  

That being said, the wife and I are on the trust.  Last time I bought anything was pre 41P. (I miss those days).  Anywho, do we need to each fill something out?  Do we need 2 of everything?   I've been looking to go to 1 of the local shops that has the silencershop kiosks and get the QR code...but again, idk how it would work for the pictures or if the kiosk does it.

Anyone have any input on this?  I'm looking to get atleast 2 suppressors and making 3 more lowers into sbrs.

Edit:  or would it be "easier" if I just did them as an individual?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:52:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SaturationTech] [#1]
Fingerprints and photos for the both of you. Both have to fill out and submit the responsible person paperwork.

From what I read, and somebody correct me if I’m wrong, the current high speed approvals are for single entities. IE individuals and, supposedly, trusts with only 1 responsible person.

As I have 2 people as RPs on my trust, I’m SOL currently. I’d like to think they’ll rectify that in the future, but it is FedGov…
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Those fast times have almost entirely been individual applications. Unless something has changed in the past week or so, I would not expect a fast trust approval. ATF said they will implement some kind of fast processing for trusts with 1 responsible person next, but who knows when that will happen.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Silencershop Single Shot Trust each item from now on. I do not add things to my older trust. Add your wife to the trust later after you get your stamp.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:00:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#4]
Most simple solution would probably be NGT Trust Restatement with you as the only responsible person. Aquire your new items, then add your wife as a RP.

Other option since you mention several Form 1s. Assuming your trust meets the post-41F requirements. You and your wife get your own eft print files, and your own passport style photos. All she’d really need to do at that point when you buy/build something, is sign/e sign(wet ink style) the .23 for each new item.

Of course individual would be easier, you wouldn’t have any of the benefits of them being in a trust though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaFish] [#5]
Option 1.   Take wife off trust, file as trust with 1RP, when cans come in add wife back on trust. Obvious downside she can't use your other NFA items until new cans are approved unless you are there with her.

Option 2.  Create new trust using first trust as an example but only put yourself on it.   File trust as 1 RP,  when cans come in add wife back on trust.

Side note, the really short wait times seem to be individual files.    My fastest trust file was 156 days.  I'm at 51 days and 16 days for my cans in jail.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VaFish:

Side note, the really short wait times seem to be individual files.    My fastest trust file was 156 days.  I'm at 51 days and 16 days for my cans in jail.
View Quote

I just ordered a new one from Capital  on a trust with one RP.  Paperwork to the ATFE last week.  We will see how it goes.  156 day would be the shortest I have ever had.  Last one was 14 months.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll look into the whole removing then adding her.  That may be easiest.   Cause if I gonthe individual route, and then want to add it to the trust, I'd have to pay the $200 stamp fee again....correct?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By azmp5:
I'll look into the whole removing then adding her.  That may be easiest.   Cause if I gonthe individual route, and then want to add it to the trust, I'd have to pay the $200 stamp fee again....correct?
View Quote

Correct.

I’m in the same situation as you and went ahead and kept the trust the way it is.  Starting to regret that a bit now, but the wife says she appreciates it…
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#9]
In talking to 3 different FFLs, they are only seeing fast returns in individual filings and occasionally Single Shot Trusts specifically.
All other trusts are taking 3- 4 mos currently. But they are bulk approving items in a trust. So if you have 3+ items submitted over a couple months, they are getting approved at the same time or close to it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Ehh...ill take 3-4 months over 12+
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#11]
As posted trusts are not part of the improved approval process. Regular trusts are being sent to a group that is reviewing all trust paperwork to make sure it's legal per the state you are in, even if it's the same trust you've used before and been approved before.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:58:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I just did a form 1 for an sbr.  E form. I have a trust with me and my wife as responsible persons. It took 7 days from submission to approval.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Just had one of 2 form 4 single shot trusts with only me on it come back on the 22nd. Submitted on 12/28/23.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top