Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2024 8:43:41 AM EDT
Have one coming tomorrow, either going to add a brace or sbr it, need some ideas.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:31:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dull-shooterM4] [#2]
Nice!

Even with adjusting the collar, the accuracy stinks for receiver mounted optics. Volkquartsen (sp?) makes a barrel with integrated picatinny rail. Few other ways to do barrel mounted optics.

As sbr, I don’t know if something like a magpul backpacker makes sense unless you left a suppressor on it.  Maybe just get a folder.( I wouldn’t know though I’m in NY).

Sampson has a takedown version of the a-team (AC556) style stock on back order
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#3]
SBR it and put it a Magpul Backpacker stock.

Mine has a 6" Whistlepig/Acculite barrel and a DA Mask.
No added length when broken-down.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#4]
It is a basic little rig, I do like the compact zippered padded case and it shows away very compact.
Brace it and red dot it, they are fun.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

View Quote

If I sbr that is the stock I’ll go with, also have a dead air mask I’m waiting on that will be used.

After looking at some brace options I think sbr is the better choice.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:

If I sbr that is the stock I’ll go with, also have a dead air mask I’m waiting on that will be used.

View Quote

I have the x22 hunter on a regular 10/22 and it’s great. The backpacker is a nice package paired with a 16” barrel but nothing is gained is packability between that and a charger.  Just the overall assembled length.

If I was in a free state I’d pair a charger TD with something like this….

https://agparms.com/agp-arms-modular-folding-brace-kit-designed-for-22-charger-takedown/

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

This setup was what I carried for grouse while elk/deer hunting. Now my 22/45 fills that role and this guy is pretty much just a loaner plinker now.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#8]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/370487/1000013864_jpg-3187948.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/370487/1000013863_jpg-3187949.JPG

This setup was what I carried for grouse while elk/deer hunting. Now my 22/45 fills that role and this guy is pretty much just a loaner plinker now.
View Quote

I like that, that’s probably the way mine will end up except with factory barrel with a dead air mask attached.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

My exact setup along with a brimstone trigger for it. It’s a tack driver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top