Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2024 2:15:40 PM EDT
These are a bit of a new area for me. I had a few of the tail fins pictured below come in with a recent load of surplus and there seems to be nil for info on them on the net. From the little I have found these look like they came off of M930 illumination rounds. For those in the know, is anyone out there running a 120? If so is there any way to put these to use? It seems like that would be a better use than letting thee get dusty on a shelf. Any info would be much appreciated!

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a diagram of the ignition cartridge that goes in those tail fins. A little more complex than loading a 12  gauge ignition charge, but can be done if someone has the machinery to do fab some parts.

That said, from what I was told by someone in the large bore DD world, is they don't hold up well to reloads being that they're aluminum.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
Here's a diagram of the ignition cartridge that goes in those tail fins. A little more complex than loading a 12  gauge ignition charge, but can be done if someone has the machinery to do fab some parts.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT82htUK4xDILGAJDdVIn5tnAXGwf_M_6muznX0dhwRxPi2qx3nhlbPYfOLPyBf8nw-Zfw&usqp=CAU

That said, from what I was told by someone in the large bore DD world, is they don't hold up well to reloads being that they're aluminum.
View Quote

That diagram is fantastic, thanks a bunch! Any idea on where to tie in with more of the large bore DD folks? 120s seem scarce compared to the smaller stuff.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately I don't know, from what I've seen, folks are scattered on various forums. And yeah, for sure, the 120s are more rare than the smaller ones.  I think I've only seen two internet posts on 120 projects. lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top