BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
16.5" 50bmg Rifle (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2023 9:05:21 PM EDT
Noreen recently came out with their 50bmg pistol version. Now they got a 16.5" rifle version. The muzzle blast is going to be insane.

Link
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, hold my beer and give me that bitch!

Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]
We did a BFG50 16" bolt gun at Serbu once. It was a hoot. Not as much recoil as you would expect. Decent muzzle flash.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Remember when Mark sent the shorty to Al here in SoCal?

Can you guess who shot it first?

I think he still has it or Darin does, that was fun to shoot!

Link Posted: 2/26/2023 12:43:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mk-211:

View Quote

George had a super short single shot Bullpup 50bmg. I forget what that thing was called.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By realwar:

George had a super short single shot Bullpup 50bmg. I forget what that thing was called.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

When I think of super short, bullpup, 50bmg, my first thought
 is Maadi Griffin
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Sinsbad69:

is Maadi Griffin
View Quote

Yep. I think it was this.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/08/30/hot-gat-fudd-crap-50-bmg-bullpup-blaster-imminent-disaster/
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#8]

There was a guy in the mid ‘90s that would show up at Knob Creek shoot with a bull pup very similar to that one. Someplace I have a pic of the wife holding it.
Can’t remember the guys name now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:17:09 AM EDT
[#9]
This is what I think of.. Looks fun
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 1:12:58 AM EDT
[#10]
You might be able to find a copy of the plans to build a Maadi Griffin, mine are buried somewhere in a closet.

How you configure it is up to you.

Link Posted: 3/2/2023 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#11]
This is what I think of.. Looks fun
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58665/F0827AA8-7D89-4E28-BD3F-F896EEFDA95E_jpe-2729441.JPG
View Quote

Cheek weld next to a hand grenade......cool looking but I'll pass on shooting it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]

is Maadi Griffin
View All Quotes

is Maadi Griffin

I remember the magazine ads for those...and the ATF shutting them down, lol.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Noreen recently came out with their 50bmg pistol version. Now they got a 16.5" rifle version. The muzzle blast is going to be insane.

Link
View Quote

Yeah... I'll admit, I don't get it. Is the goal to see if you can embed unburnt powder in the people nearby, from the muzzle brake backblast?
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like you can take the 'stock' off and shoot it like a pistol.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:01:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Pointless novelty unless you want to
feel similar to a crewman from
"Guns of Navarone" when it let loose.

Gun of Navarone Crew
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Indrid-Cold:
Pointless novelty unless you want to
feel similar to a crewman from
"Guns of Navarone" when it let loose.

Gun of Navarone Crew
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#17]
TESTING THE WORLDS MOST POWERFUL PISTOL - .50 BMG
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#18]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nbyhSfXH3g
View Quote

He hits the plate with Raufoss at the end of this one
The AR-180: The IRA’s Lucky Charm
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 6:09:52 AM EDT
[#19]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nbyhSfXH3g
View Quote

That's an 'other' NOT a pistol according to aft.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Cycolac:

That's an 'other' NOT a pistol according to aft.
View Quote

The barrel is over 16" and it comes with a stock, so it is a rifle.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#21]
at altitude I'd want a helmet on my steyr would give me a headache after 35rds+-
low altitude...let's pack a blank and shoot flames!
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By booger-hooker:
I'd like to have a 16.5" rifle chambered in .50 S-T but haven't got around to it yet.
View Quote

That would be a hoot. I have around 200 or so Spotter-Tracer rounds and some once fired brass.
Should ask Mark about a BFG50 chambered for S-T.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Didn't the company that made the Ultra Lite uppers, make one in 50ST?
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#24]
16” but they’re calling it a pistol and put a brace on it🤪
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By eviioiive:
16” but they’re calling it a pistol and put a brace on it🤪
View Quote

It's going to need a brace to shoot it one handed - too muzzle heavy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Needs a brace that goes around your wrist like a SPAS-12 folding stock.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Around the wrist
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:50:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mk-211] [#28]
Forearm, my bad.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/57/464/franchi-spas12-semiautomaticslide-action-shotgun-with-folding

That curved piece on the stock acts like a carrying handle when folded up. When unfolded, you can turn it sideways and place it under your forearm for support.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Forearm, my bad.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/57/464/franchi-spas12-semiautomaticslide-action-shotgun-with-folding

That curved piece on the stock acts like a carrying handle when folded up. When unfolded, you can turn it sideways and place it under your forearm for support.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#30]
They got a fully adjustable stock in the works.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Noreen-Firearms/100063569262466/

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:31:23 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Gear head Mod 2?
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#33]

What would be the big deal with selling it as pictured with a 16.5" barrel and no stock? Let the customer save a few bucks and install the stock they want.

Too bad the other manufacturer wasn't named.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 50cal:

What would be the big deal with selling it as pictured with a 16.5" barrel and no stock? Let the customer save a few bucks and install the stock they want.

View Quote

Technically once there is a pistol avail that shoots the caliber, loaded AP ammo is banned for sale.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/general-notice/armor-piercing-ammunition
That would likely catch AP, API, and APIT and piss off a *LOT* of 50 cal shooters.  One-off novelty pistols aside, a production model might poke the bear too much.  Not a good idea especially at this exact point in time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#35]
I have Novelty buy...18" Bohica upper.

Put 50 or so rounds through it, the blast is impressive to say the least. Clears the sinuses out of everybody at the range.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By smdub:

Technically once there is a pistol avail that shoots the caliber, loaded AP ammo is banned for sale.
That would likely catch AP, API, and APIT and piss off a *LOT* of 50 cal shooters.  One-off novelty pistols aside, a production model might poke the bear too much.  Not a good idea especially at this exact point in time.
View Quote

Honestly screw any manufacturer that barks up that tree...
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 2:37:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rudderbutter] [#37]
Originally Posted By Houlds:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Houlds:

This is simply not true, and has been proven as such many times over many years. Making a pistol that can shoot some random cartridge does not make it a "pistol cartridge", and beyond that the AP law only affects the manufacture and importation, NOT the sale/ownership/use, of such rounds. For those that doubt, just look up the caliber options Thomspon/Center offers (and has for decades), and compare against currently-produced ammunition with solid-brass projectiles. It helps to have the actual law pertaining to "Armor Piercing Ammunition" on hand so you can see the definition they set.

I have one of the supposedly-nonexistant Safety Harbor SHTF-50 "pistol" uppers, with a 12.5" barrel that conveniently has a permanent muzzle brake that brings it to 16.5" for deniability purposes. The blast is abusive, the recoil is about the same as a stout 12ga load. My shoulder can take it all day, but my sinuses are only good for 2-3 rounds before I'm getting a headache (and probably risking a retina separation) and need to call it. It still breaks 2000fps with any factory ammo, and even on the lighter end it has 2-3x the energy and momentum of a .308 round at the muzzle.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:18:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cycolac] [#38]
Originally Posted By rudderbutter:

This is simply not true, and has been proven as such many times over many years. Making a pistol that can shoot some random cartridge does not make it a "pistol cartridge", and beyond that the AP law only affects the manufacture and importation, NOT the sale/ownership/use, of such rounds. For those that doubt, just look up the caliber options Thomspon/Center offers (and has for decades), and compare against currently-produced ammunition with solid-brass projectiles. It helps to have the actual law pertaining to "Armor Piercing Ammunition" on hand so you can see the definition they set.

I have one of the supposedly-nonexistant Safety Harbor SHTF-50 "pistol" uppers, with a 12.5" barrel that conveniently has a permanent muzzle brake that brings it to 16.5" for deniability purposes. The blast is abusive, the recoil is about the same as a stout 12ga load. My shoulder can take it all day, but my sinuses are only good for 2-3 rounds before I'm getting a headache (and probably risking a retina separation) and need to call it. It still breaks 2000fps with any factory ammo, and even on the lighter end it has 2-3x the energy and momentum of a .308 round at the muzzle.
View Quote

Since this is a tech forum...

Dear pleasure firearms journal...

ETA - I'm impressed that you're still getting 2000fps out of 8-9 inches of barrel. Is that chronographed?
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
You're not thinking like the ATF thinks. If there's a legally defined pistol in 50 BMG, they could and WOULD consider 50 BMG AP ammo. Like they did with 7.62x39mm MSC, 5.45x39mm, 7N6, and even wanted to do with M855 5.56 recently. Civilians and non licensee's can sell/buy/use AP ammo all day, but then making such classification restricts manufacturers from selling it, and importers from importing it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:44:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Mark Serbu talked about the 50bmg pistol/ammo thing and why he's not selling them in pistol form.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:38:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Dam now this is gonna be a hoot to shoot!
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I posted a link to the actual law.  There is an exemption for 'single shot' pistols like the TC.  Since this 50 is also single-shot it should also be exempt as a true pistol (but I still think it would be poking the bear.)
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:25:51 AM EDT
[#43]

I posted a link to the actual law.  There is an exemption for 'single shot' pistols like the TC.  Since this 50 is also single-shot it should also be exempt as a true pistol (but I still think it would be poking the bear.)
View Quote

Don't poke the bear. The aft could set up take advantage of a black swan event and change their mind...as we've seen.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Which is why I think it's pretty fucking stupid. All for a novelty muzzle flashbang.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#45]
With all the what the ATF considered AR pistols, it would seem they would have taken issue with M855 green tip.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#46]
With all the what the ATF considered AR pistols, it would seem they would have taken issue with M855 green tip.
View Quote
They did. They tried to ban it. SO many comments and they pulled their support for changing it's designation.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

They did.  But if you look at the ATF doc I linked there are at least three AP rounds that are currently exempted due to 'sporting use'.  M109, M855, and 30-06 M2.  It alludes to others that have applied for exemption but I suspect they are low production 'solids'?
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I fired my tan ulr50 mini Last weekend, scariest thing ive fired by a wide margin

I do look a little deranged ive been working through a stroke and heart  failure
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#50]
the recoil was no worse than my mosin nagant but the muzzle blast was comparable to my implanted defibrillator firing
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
16.5" 50bmg Rifle (Page 1 of 2)
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top