Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/14/2021 4:06:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mikego_34]
Been searching high and low for a Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39.  Anyone have any leads on one?  I recall Academy used to have them….  Ruger’s production seems low all around these days
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:31:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't be of any help finding one, but this is what you can look forward to:

The thing is a crazy amount of fun to shoot, and the muzzle flash with Tula ammo is a real crowd pleaser.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zardoz:
Can't be of any help finding one, but this is what you can look forward to:
https://i.postimg.cc/G29q6hhJ/Image0.jpg

The thing is a crazy amount of fun to shoot, and the muzzle flash with Tula ammo is a real crowd pleaser.
View Quote

Beautiful scene!  Controlled chaos!  Seems they are a hot commodity these days….
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 12:47:52 AM EDT
[#3]
They no longer exist. (As far as I can tell)
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 12:53:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ramcharger_pilot:
View Quote

What makes you say that? They are still listed on the website
https://ruger.com/products/americanRifleRanch/models.html
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#5]
From my thread here....

Linky

"Yeah, I've literally been sending out weekly messages/emails to at LEAST 20 different vendors asking "...do you have any...".  Finally got a hit"

You've really got to hunt them down right now.  Ultimately, I had luck not with an online vendor, but a local guy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 9:38:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mike_nds] [#6]
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ramcharger_pilot:

Sarcasm.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#9]
With the Russian ammo ban.  The Ruger American ranch in 7.62x39 is a flash in a pan - I no longer have interest in mine.  And I had just found one last week….

My buddy and I had been saying, 22lr and steel case 7.62x39 were the only things affordable enough to shoot during the plandemic.  x39 glory days are gone….
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Nah I think it still is a great rifle and serves a purpose.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 4:06:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I have one new in the box Ive been sitting on. As soon as I took it out of the box I hated it. Shitty plastic stock with no monte carlo comb means your eye is directly behind the the bolt. Even mounting a scope as low as possible still requires a shitty chin-weld which is not really fun to shoot. I immediately regretted not waiting for a CZ 527.

Now CZ’s are impossible to find and I am considering a kydex cheek piece and the Nodak sights.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I like mine.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Got one recently and love shooting it suppressed.  Decided to pick one up in 300 BO too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Rat bastards at Sportsmans warehouse in NE refuse to do a store transfer to KY, so I guess I’d rather one of y’all get it
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I just bought a new one at a local pawn shop for $499.00  A little more than I wanted to pay but I’ve been looking for one for six months. I wasn’t gonna let this one get by me
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I looked for a bolt action 7.62x39 rifle for a year before I broke down and bought the CZ527.   It was really the only option at that time.   I held off because I didn't want to pay the $700.00+ price tag.   About six months later Ruger came out with their ranch in 7.62x39.     Well I cannot say anything about the Ruger but I can say that shooting 7.62x39 out of a bolt action is cheap and a lot of fun.   The CZ goes to the range any time that I take the nephews so that they can shoot more without spending a fortune on ammo.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 2Hut8:
I looked for a bolt action 7.62x39 rifle for a year before I broke down and bought the CZ527.   It was really the only option at that time.   I held off because I didn't want to pay the $700.00+ price tag.   About six months later Ruger came out with their ranch in 7.62x39.     Well I cannot say anything about the Ruger but I can say that shooting 7.62x39 out of a bolt action is cheap and a lot of fun.   The CZ goes to the range any time that I take the nephews so that they can shoot more without spending a fortune on ammo.
View Quote

Same here, I absolutely love my X39 CZ. It’s built to last, and stupid accurate with steel cased Brown Bear/Tula ammo.

On a side note, Glades Armory makes a top of the line replacement bolt handle for the CZ 527 with a much larger bolt handle and bend to accommodate most  optics with ease. Definitely light years better quality than the Ruger American series rifles. Only downside is pricey mags.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I’m in the same Boat, I missed a few early this year and now regretting letting them pass me buy. I’d love a CZ or a Howa but they are definitely Unicorns….
I’m looking for one to mount a digital night vision scope to.

If anyone knows of a good 7.62x39 or 6.5 Grendel bolt gun for a decent price shoot me a message or email.

Thanks in advance

David
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Just curious would those nodak spud sights fit on the 6.5 grendel version of this rifle? Does it have a different barrel diameter. They look pretty neat.

I was interested in getting that cz 528 in 7.62x39 this year but it have learned they aren't in production any longer.  I saw one in person a couple years back but I bought something else.

The poster in here mentioning the import ban makes me consider the 6.5 G since I already reload that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I searched for well over a year for one.

Two months ago I walked into a sportsman's warehouse and they had one on the rack.  $499.00 plus had a $50 rebate.

I walked out for under $500 with my new rifle.

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I would really like find one of these rifles for sale. Anyone have any current leads on a ruger ranch 7.62x39 currently?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By WILLSMITH82:
I would really like find one of these rifles for sale. Anyone have any current leads on a ruger ranch 7.62x39 currently?
View Quote

Only on GB
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Also keep in touch weekly with your local shops.  That’s how I got mine…

https://i.imgur.com/rJhNLhw.jpg
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 2:48:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Went all over town today trying to find one. These things are vaporware. Got my subsonics and can, just no rifle
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 11:34:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hodgescl] [#27]
In stock $635

Now showing $635, mine shipped to my ffl within 3-4 days
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Prices are now down in the 550 ish range. Wonder if a big batch just got shipped out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Found one locally at Academy a few weeks back via Academy.com.  The price was $499, which is not the high-$300s we have seen in the past but still a fair price given today's market.  If you have a local Academy (or two/three/four/five...) check the website often to see if it's in stock.  I ordered mine online for store pickup and it it was put on hold immediately for p/u the next day.  Easy, and no shipping/transfer fee.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I found one for $520, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.  What kind of glass are we using on this?  I really think the NDS open sites are super cool, I'm torn between that and say a 2x7 or smallish 3x9.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#31]
RT-6 is great on it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is one in pa for sale,trade.

Ruger
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By hodgescl:
In stock $635

View Quote

Is Guns,com Good to go?
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes, they are good to go. That's where I purchased the very same rifle. Shipping was fast to my dealer.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BriansM4:

Is Guns,com Good to go?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BriansM4:
Originally Posted By hodgescl:
In stock $635

Is Guns,com Good to go?

Yes good to go. I got mine from there for sub 500, and the price went up 200 dollars five minutes after  I ordered. No fuck fuck games with the price. It was in my hands within the week.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#36]
If anyone was looking, the awesome guys at Tanners sports center in Jameson, Pa have them in stock at just around 5 bills. Ordered one yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Anyone know the twist on the barrel?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Nevva mind, found it: 1/8

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#39]
I know they suck but try dick’s sporting goods. The two near me always have 2-3 of the Americans in 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
I know they suck but try dick’s sporting goods. The two near me always have 2-3 of the Americans in 7.62x39.
View Quote

If Dick's was the exclusive seller of those rifles I'd look for a different rifle, but that's me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PA452:

If Dick's was the exclusive seller of those rifles I'd look for a different rifle, but that's me.
View Quote

I don’t disagree. I bought a CZ527M instead anyways.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:50:03 PM EDT
[#42]
I bought one today at Bimart. $469

@mikego_34
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Just got an instock notice from Bud's for a 762x39 Howa mini.... as I said, MUCH nicer rifle than the RAR
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By eye-gor:
Just got an instock notice from Bud's for a 762x39 Howa mini.... as I said, MUCH nicer rifle than the RAR
View Quote

I agree that the gun is nicer but I'd argue the mags and possibly the mag system are better on the RAR.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#45]

I agree that the gun is nicer but I'd argue the mags and possibly the mag system are better on the RAR.
View Quote

If mags were a big deal to me on a bolt gun like they are on a semi-auto, I'd agree with you.  If the RAR came wiht a nearly flush fit 4 or 5 round mag, I would've even hesitate to agree with you.

But about half the bolt guns I've owned or still own have been converted to single shots via sleds or magazine replacement ...
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#46]

If mags were a big deal to me on a bolt gun like they are on a semi-auto, I'd agree with you.  If the RAR came wiht a nearly flush fit 4 or 5 round mag, I would've even hesitate to agree with you.

But about half the bolt guns I've owned or still own have been converted to single shots via sleds or magazine replacement ...
View All Quotes

I bought a Mini 300 Blackout. I don't need a big capacity but it wouldn't hurt either. I'm undecided on the placement of the mag catch. Super easy to use out front but it seems like a prime place to get hit or snag inadvertently.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#47]

I bought a Mini 300 Blackout. I don't need a big capacity but it wouldn't hurt either. I'm undecided on the placement of the mag catch. Super easy to use out front but it seems like a prime place to get hit or snag inadvertently.
View All Quotes

IIRC there are some better aftermarket (DIP) for that.  I waited sooo long for these to come back to market, I bought a RAR instead.  Now, I'm wondering if I "need" one again, or just get another RAR in .223?  I already have a Mini in .223
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:

IIRC there are some better aftermarket (DIP) for that.  I waited sooo long for these to come back to market, I bought a RAR instead.  Now, I'm wondering if I "need" one again, or just get another RAR in .223?  I already have a Mini in .223
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Trumpet:

I thought about a mini in 223 but haven't pulled the trigger. The DIP is metal which is probably a bit tougher but you still have the mag release up front in the breeze.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, but per their website, it's a stiffer spring so it's not so easy to accidentally engage the mag release.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Just scored mine yesterday and will be shooting it tomorrow. I have short arms and need to cut the stock back an inch or so so I ordered a limbsaver buttpad also ordered a Matthews Fabrication adjustable cheek riser to help with eye relief.

I already have a 300blk and should have bought the x39 first and maybe not have bought the 300. I would have had no trouble with the stock but I always have to shorten a stock to fit me, wish this caliber would have been available in the compact model because it is already a 1 1/4 shorter stock.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top