Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 4:51:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar]
I'm getting around to finally finishing up my 10/22 build and can't quite decide on a barrel. I'm looking at 9" barrels with steel shanks but are otherwise fairly lightweight without breaking the bank.  It's pretty much come down to these three brands, and both have great reps as far as I'm aware.  Green Mountain isn't on the list because they don't make a 9" charger barrel.

I'm leaning toward the Summit as this is going to be a woods grouse/can blaster more than anything.  Likely just putting a PA 6x ACSS 22 scope on it for 100 yards and in.

Fedderson fluted bull barrel 2# all steel with a bentz chamber on a (rumored) Lothar Walther blanks $175
Summit/Enoch 12oz carbon fiber over 416 stainless pencil profile barrel with a bentz chamber $225
Volquartsen 12oz carbon fiber wrapped steel.  Minimal details otherwise.  $330ish on sale

The end setup will be similar to this:

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Kidd did make some charger barrels and possibly can still be available for purchase.  This will give you another option for the build.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Krazydaddy2:
Kidd did make some charger barrels and possibly can still be available for purchase.  This will give you another option for the build.
View Quote

Huh I didn’t realize Kidd did barrels under $200 with an all steel breech area. That’s going to need more research.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:

Huh I didn’t realize Kidd did barrels under $200 with an all steel breech area. That’s going to need more research.
View Quote

Yes, they do.

I have one of his 6in heavy barrels and it’s fantastic.  No experience with their lightweight options.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:41:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I’m kinda leaning toward the kidd. It’s a 4oz difference between them and the summit, so it’ll really come down to the nitty gritty details.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top