Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2023 11:20:35 PM EDT

Apparently plastic doesn't make a great picitinny mount.

Their peq 2 looks to have a metal mount
Attachment Attached File

If a visible laser wasn't that important would the peq 2 make more sense?
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Cant you replace the mount with a metal one?
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kilroymcb:
Cant you replace the mount with a metal one?
View Quote

Half of the pic mount on a real one is plastic and part of the plastic/polymer body, so I’d assume the same on the SG.  The other half (the actual clamp and screw) are metal.  Appears to be the same in the video.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the type of plastic they're using. My ATPIAL-C is doing fine and it gets whored around on multiple ARs and airsoft guns. I just tighten them hand tight using a penny.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m curious to see what the updated housing material brings to the table.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Along with the updated, stronger housing, you can also replace the soft alloy metal portion of the mount with a FMA PEQ-15 steel replacement mount.  Around 18 bucks.  It will take some fitting, as the two footprints are not the same, however, with a little work, you can upgrade the mount into something approaching ATPIAL quality.

With a newer series housing (75000+?) and a FMA mount, the mount shifting problems should be solved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top