Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2024 7:50:02 PM EDT
This week I picked up a new FN PS90. I have a couple different kinds of new production ammo, FN SS197SR and AAC loaded with 40 grain VMAX. I bought the AAC last year after I got a PSA Rock 5.7. Has anyone used the AAC ammo in a PS90 and how did it function?

Pic of rifle, because:

Attachment Attached File

I added an Urban ERT sling and a Primary Arms red dot sight.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I ran some of the AAC fmj and vmax.  My PS90 is SBR'd with a CMMG barrel and running a can.    Something about running with the suppressor makes the AAC ammo misfeed about 1-2 out of every 100 rounds.  It smashes up against the breach face instead of going into the chamber.  The bullet gets pushed back into the case.  If I shoot without the suppressor, the issue doesn't happen.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I have both VMAX and FMJ AAC; I bought a ROCK 5.7 last year. I also have Fiocchi 40 grain FMJ Range Dymanics and some SS197SR. I'll just try all of them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had nothing out of the ordinary using AAC ammo in my 2 PS90 SBR's..
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
I've had nothing out of the ordinary using AAC ammo in my 2 PS90 SBR's..
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Runs fine in my sbr with turbo k
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have a PS90. But I've shot a lot of animals with the AAC vmax 40 g. Works great.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]
You Texas boys have all the fun!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:55:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By giantpune:
I ran some of the AAC fmj and vmax.  My PS90 is SBR'd with a CMMG barrel and running a can.    Something about running with the suppressor makes the AAC ammo misfeed about 1-2 out of every 100 rounds.  It smashes up against the breach face instead of going into the chamber.  The bullet gets pushed back into the case.  If I shoot without the suppressor, the issue doesn't happen.
View Quote

What can do you use?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know about the AAC but the Fiocchi Range Dynamics works perfectly in mine and is very accurate. Let us know how the AAC shoots for you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Today I put 190 rounds through the PS90:

• 100 x FN SS197SR 40 grain Hornady VMAX (made by Fiocchi USA)
  • 40 x Fiocchi Range Dymanics 40 grain FMJ
  • 50 x AAC 40 grain FMJ

The AAC ammunition felt very consistent. In contrast, the ammo made Fiocchi had a few rounds which felt like they were loaded a bit light.

The SS197SR and FRD ammo gave me a few malfunctions where the bolt didn't seem to reciprocate far enough back to recock the hammer and strip a new round into the chamber. However, they may have been related to my #2 magazine so I'll keep an eye on that one. I'm going to disassemble it to check for any burrs or flashing left over from the molds.

The PS90 performed perfectly with the AAC ammo.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Good to hear. I will have to pick some up. I haven't shoot any of the SS197 I have but I did shoot some Fiocchi Range ammo and one did not fire. I ejected it only to find it had no primer in it and nothing was in the mag,gun or box of rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top