Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2024 5:22:43 PM EDT
I’ve been thinking about going for the Xeno taper adapter for the AAC Ranger 5.

The question I have is regarding brakes. Many of them are for .30” such as DA123. It is 1/2x28 but I’m concerned it would potentially damage the baffles or end cap due to the Ranger being 6mm at its end cap which is .236”.

Anyone running an AAC Ranger 5 with Xeno on their AR Pistol/SBR?

I saw an archived thread from 2023 about one person with Xeno and Ranger 5 but no mention of the brake/flash hider and I cannot DM/PM as it doesn’t show their username. Sorry if this is an unnecessary thread. My goal is to either go all Xeno or perhaps a different brand for my Nomad and Ranger 5. That way it’s easier to swap cans between my 5.56 AR pistol, .300 BLK SBR, and rifles.

Thank you for any replies, god bless.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you already have Xeno mounts? If not, there are alternatives such as Plan A Long or the Ecco Griffin Titanium Bravo Adapter.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:22:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven’t bought Xeno yet. But it seems cheaper. $87 for the mount and $62-$68 for the brakes.

Griffin Plan A is $89.95 while the Plan A long which their support told me is needed to avoid fitment issues for Nomad and Ranger 5, is $114.95.

I’ll look into the other option you mentioned to see if it’s more cost effective. The left thread of Xeno is a plus though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ArcheriousAR:
I’ve been thinking about going for the Xeno taper adapter for the AAC Ranger 5.

The question I have is regarding brakes. Many of them are for .30” such as DA123. It is 1/2x28 but I’m concerned it would potentially damage the baffles or end cap due to the Ranger being 6mm at its end cap which is .236”.

Anyone running an AAC Ranger 5 with Xeno on their AR Pistol/SBR?

I saw an archived thread from 2023 about one person with Xeno and Ranger 5 but no mention of the brake/flash hider and I cannot DM/PM as it doesn’t show their username. Sorry if this is an unnecessary thread. My goal is to either go all Xeno or perhaps a different brand for my Nomad and Ranger 5. That way it’s easier to swap cans between my 5.56 AR pistol, .300 BLK SBR, and rifles.

Thank you for any replies, god bless.
View Quote

Yes, I am using Xeno on my M42k upgraded to AAC Ranger-5 Specs...

I don't understand the question I bolded above. What do you mean? Why would "it" (what is "it"?) potentially damage any baffles or endcap? It's a .225/5.56 can - you're shooting .223-.224 diameter bullets through it. Why would those damage your baffles or endcaps? As you already noted it's a 6mm (nominal) bore - unless you have a 1/14" twist and are shooting 62+gr bullets or have just about no thread-to-bore concentricity, you won't have any baffle strikes or endcap strikes.

One thing you WILL need to do on the Xeno adapter is grind off the little lip after the threads on the adapter itself. There's a tapered surface on the inside of the AAC can that works with their HUB adapters, but not anyone else's. If it's any consolation, you'd probably need to do that with any non-AAC hub adapter...
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:
One thing you WILL need to do on the Xeno adapter is grind off the little lip after the threads on the adapter itself. There's a tapered surface on the inside of the AAC can that works with their HUB adapters, but not anyone else's. If it's any consolation, you'd probably need to do that with any non-AAC hub adapter...
View Quote

The Griffin Plan A Long and the Ecco Ti that I listed in my post will fit with no modifications or grinding necessary.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Toker_:

The Griffin Plan A Long and the Ecco Ti that I listed in my post will fit with no modifications or grinding necessary.
View Quote

Right, but if you want to use Xeno, neither of those will work. I like Xeno's right hand threading, personally. But yeah, if the ultimate end goal is to use a taper mount of any kind, those might be easier if you're not already invested in Xeno.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:
Right, but if you want to use Xeno, neither of those will work. I like Xeno's right hand threading, personally. But yeah, if the ultimate end goal is to use a taper mount of any kind, those might be easier if you're not already invested in Xeno.
View Quote

You mean left hand threading?

I agree though. If you're already invested in Xeno, then that may be the best route, but you'll have to grind off the lip. Otherwise, the Plan A listed is a no grind option.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed: One thing you WILL need to do on the Xeno adapter is grind off the little lip after the threads on the adapter itself.
View Quote
Perhaps the LMT Regulator (Xeno) Adapter is an option?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Toker_:

You mean left hand threading?

I agree though. If you're already invested in Xeno, then that may be the best route, but you'll have to grind off the lip. Otherwise, the Plan A listed is a no grind option.
View Quote

Yeah, that
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:02:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CJofFL: Perhaps the LMT Regulator (Xeno) Adapter is an option?
View Quote
Quoting myself here, but the Xeno compatible LMT doesn’t have a lip after the threads.
Not my pic
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I wish I had seen that before I ordered the Xeno adapter for this can and realized I had to carve it up to fit Alas, already done to one of mine. Though I might need to come back and whittle it down some more as it seems a little springy when torquing it in...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top