Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2019 11:55:43 PM EDT
A quick search on gunbroker shows that DMR models are pricing out under $1400 and .450 bushmaster model is close to $1100.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually came here to ask this question because I saw the same thing...

Can the 450's be cal changed over to 556?!
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IamMunneY:
I actually came here to ask this question because I saw the same thing...

Can the 450's be cal changed over to 556?!
View Quote
You’d need the 5.56 barrel and a 5.56 bolt.  I’ve never seen the bolts for sale at retail, but maybe Templar Precision could get one, or perhaps contacting Bushmaster directly though it can be real hit or miss on ACR parts.

The .450 and 6.8 conversion kits include the bolts, so going to those from 5.56 is a lot easier.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:43:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

You’d need the 5.56 barrel and a 5.56 bolt.  I’ve never seen the bolts for sale at retail, but maybe Templar Precision could get one, or perhaps contacting Bushmaster directly though it can be real hit or miss on ACR parts.

The .450 and 6.8 conversion kits include the bolts, so going to those from 5.56 is a lot easier.
View Quote
I called BM on the 556 bolt and they said it can be ordered through them. Waslooking to pick up the 450 and the sbr it with the 10.5  556 barrel. Keep the 450 for hunting or whatnot
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:29:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I was getting wary but mine finally shipped! $1050 was hard to pass up. I hope this means they're finally going to be selling some 300BLK stuff since that'd be the only thing that makes me regret buying the 450
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 2:09:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Reiko:
I was getting wary but mine finally shipped! $1050 was hard to pass up. I hope this means they're finally going to be selling some 300BLK stuff since that'd be the only thing that makes me regret buying the 450
View Quote
I ordered the enhanced 300 blackout yesterday for $1080 shipped
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 3:03:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Reiko:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 3:54:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GunCollector12:
View Quote
where?
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:

where?
View Quote
Several places had them but looks like no one does now. I got mine from gun pro deals.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Several places had them but looks like no one does now. I got mine from gun pro deals.
View Quote
I've searched the internet high and low for 2 days trying to find anything other than a 450 for under 1200 and couldn't find it... Not suree how you came across that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By IamMunneY:

I've searched the internet high and low for 2 days trying to find anything other than a 450 for under 1200 and couldn't find it... Not suree how you came across that.
View Quote
Luck I guess lol there were quite a few places that had them now they are all back to normal price or sold out
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 9:27:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ehtacs] [#11]

View Quote
Damn that's a great deal! About the only option we have for 300BLK parts right now with an FDE upper and lower to boot! I think I would have done that over 450 had the deal been available!
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 3:23:07 AM EDT
[#12]

That is tempting...
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Ordered an ACR DMR for $1278 here:

https://dahlonegaarmory.com/product/bushmaster-90958-acr-dmr-semi-automatic-223-rem5.56-nato-18.5-301-magpul-prs-black-stk-black-melonite

Always wanted an ACR, never really wanted to pay the price. How is a folding stock compared to the Magpul PRS?
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By yamahawarrior89:
Ordered an ACR DMR for $1278 here:

https://dahlonegaarmory.com/product/bushmaster-90958-acr-dmr-semi-automatic-223-rem5.56-nato-18.5-301-magpul-prs-black-stk-black-melonite

Always wanted an ACR, never really wanted to pay the price. How is a folding stock compared to the Magpul PRS?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

I don't have a picture with the DMR stock on, but the folder works all right with a DMR setup.  The PRS stock obviously has a better cheekrest and feels more solid in the shoulder given it's a solid stock with a more square inches on the buttpad.  But the folder is serviceable on the DMR.  The folding stock has 7 positions it can lock into between really long and really short, so odds are one will work for your needs.  The long barrel is a might unwieldy should you want to claim #operatorStatus though.

The old school tri-rail they use on the DMR is kinda dumb as well.  I bought a MI 12" handguard to use with the DMR barrel.  Still considering getting a KRG and painting it coyote though.  The MI works just fine, the KRG looks better.  And that's what really matters, right?
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#15]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35747/coyote_acrdmr_jpg-1219028.JPG

I don't have a picture with the DMR stock on, but the folder works all right with a DMR setup.  The PRS stock obviously has a better cheekrest and feels more solid in the shoulder given it's a solid stock with a more square inches on the buttpad.  But the folder is serviceable on the DMR.  The folding stock has 7 positions it can lock into between really long and really short, so odds are one will work for your needs.  The long barrel is a might unwieldy should you want to claim #operatorStatus though.

The old school tri-rail they use on the DMR is kinda dumb as well.  I bought a MI 12" handguard to use with the DMR barrel.  Still considering getting a KRG and painting it coyote though.  The MI works just fine, the KRG looks better.  And that's what really matters, right?
View Quote
Thanks for this post. I assume you can't raise the cheekrest on the folding stock? I also plan on using the Midwest Industries handguard at sometime. I think I'll stick with the PRS stock and use my Vortex Viper PST 2.5x10. It's gonna be heavier than my 16" AR-10.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for this post. I assume you can't raise the cheekrest on the folding stock? I also plan on using the Midwest Industries handguard at sometime. I think I'll stick with the PRS stock and use my Vortex Viper PST 2.5x10. It's gonna be heavier than my 16" AR-10.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35747/coyote_acrdmr_jpg-1219028.JPG

Ha, well, uh...

That IS the raised position on the ACR folding stock.

The PRS stock is much better in that regards.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 1:39:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunCollector12] [#17]
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:30:23 AM EDT
[#18]
6.8 spc for cheap

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/604206909558
View Quote
I actually don't own a 6.8 SPC gun... I might rather have it than 450 Bushmaster  (I already own rifles in 458 socom and 45 Raptor)
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#19]
The 68 was what I was waiting for to go on sale, unfortunately all OOS at the provided link.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered one of the DMR's. I'd regret it for years if I didn't.

I'm going to put a Nikon FX1000 4-16x50 on top in some Larue rings. Should be a fun shooter.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Dahlonega Armory shipped quick. It hit my dealer already. Looks like I'll be picking it up tonight!
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Dahlonega Armory shipped quick. It hit my dealer already. Looks like I'll be picking it up tonight!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 12:10:45 AM EDT
[#23]
My new baby is in
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 12:20:02 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Love it!
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
Report back how it shoots. I want one but have read several people concerned about weight of that barrel for the barrel nut system. Essentially not being robust enough for the weight. They are very cheap right now though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:28:29 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm actually going to have my 450 bushmaster I ordered swapped over to a 6.5 Grendel.  I havee 458 Socom and 45 Raptor in the AR platforms and don't really have a need for the bushmaster.

Im more stoked about the gun with it being that caliber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top