Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/15/2023 8:01:03 AM EDT
Howdy, I was browsing my emails and found out i had actually ordered one of these altrd lvaw handguards back in november of 2022.
Anyone know if this guy is still working on this? I am assuming not lol.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 10:10:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThatGuy01] [#1]
Mine was 'meh' - I got in on the first run.

Looks like he folded. Good luck getting a rail? IG has some people reaching out and his public profile on a few airsoft pages has been inactive since ~October 2022.

https://www.instagram.com/a_trd.ego/
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 12:48:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 100roundclipazine] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:
Mine was 'meh' - I got in on the first run.

Looks like he folded. Good luck getting a rail? IG has some people reaching out and his public profile on a few airsoft pages has been inactive since ~October 2022.

https://www.instagram.com/a_trd.ego/
View Quote

Yeah I was one of the original runs, I already got my first one a long time ago, agreed it was "meh" especially the anodizing and finish but there is no better option.
Ordered a 2nd one last year just for shits, and here we are.
Oh well, not like I can get my money back lol.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered one as well back in October 2022.  Looks like we are all screwed.  I paid through PayPal and since it was so long ago, no refund or dispute.   Really a shame….I love the look of these things.  

No, I am not happy about this, and would love to figure out a way to go after the guy to get our money back…

Link Posted: 9/19/2023 10:47:06 AM EDT
[#4]
website is back up.  Hopefully that's a good sign.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Everything I’ve read indicates he’s gone radio silent.  Not responding to emails, hasn’t posted on IG.

I have one from the 2nd run and it’s as solid as a factory SD rail.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 3:45:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#6]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
Everything I’ve read indicates he’s gone radio silent.  Not responding to emails, hasn’t posted on IG.

I have one from the 2nd run and it’s as solid as a factory SD rail.
View Quote

I seem to recall reading something about him possibly having cancer, but who knows.

I owned a first gen rail and a second gen. The first gen was pretty good, but came back a little too far where the stock would catch on it when folded. The finish was okay and very smooth. The second gen rail fixed the folding stock issue and the finish was much better. They even made it a little textured. It locks up tighter than my Sig SD rail.

I hope everything works out for everyone and you all get your rails, but it isn't looking good.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
pretty crazy, one of these just went for over $1k on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Any update on these? Or still no comms?
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing.  We all got screwed and that’s twice for me now, since I’m one of those that got screwed by Dead Air.  On a roll…..
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I got a "back in stock" email for the 8" handguard on 12/8, did anyone else? foolishly made the order....wonder if it'll actually show up
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By vincentvega6:
I got a "back in stock" email for the 8" handguard on 12/8, did anyone else? foolishly made the order....wonder if it'll actually show up
View Quote

Odd, I do see that you can pre-order the 8" legacy handguard now. From what it sounds like, everyone who ordered over a year ago is still waiting.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:30:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: red6actual] [#12]
Yes, still waiting and no communication since August from them...
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#13]
just got a back in stock notification for the Virtus handguard.

anyone heard from him?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:23:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BurtSaun1049] [#14]
From the comments posted on his latest Insta post, he went bankrupt, and everything is gone. We are all screwed.

I corresponded with him via email and Instagram back in 2022 when he brought orders back online. He alluded to some health problems as well.

Don't place orders, as it's entirely possible he or someone else may have access to the website and is just using it to extract more.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Holy sh*t, I was googling to find their site because I couldn't remember the exact name. Thankfully, I saw this thread first and decided to take a look.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like the website is officially offline now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#17]
What a bummer. I wish I bought the LVAW handguard as soon as I discovered it. Is anyone else making them now?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Seems like there's a void in the market that someone could step right into.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:57:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:
Seems like there's a void in the market that someone could step right into.
View Quote

I'm working with the guys over at Dirt Road Precision to see if they can bring these to the market, still super early in development. I'll let yall know when I have news
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger97:

I'm working with the guys over at Dirt Road Precision to see if they can bring these to the market, still super early in development. I'll let yall know when I have news
View Quote

Sheffield Tactical may be another viable option.  He has shown significant interest in the platform and has offered MCX-related products.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Wow, that would be awesome. Please keep us posted in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:31:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Subpar] [#22]
If there’s a legit entity that’s actually interested in making these I’ll send my altrd rail to them for any measurements or prototyping necessary.  It’s a Virtus pattern version, which I’d imagine has more demand.

I reached out to SR25cartel/HTX (the guys making the SR25 stuff) about these.  They had thought about it, but weren’t sure there was enough interest.  Maybe bug them on instagram.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#23]
If there’s a legit entity that’s actually interested in making these I’ll send my altrd rail to them for any measurements or prototyping necessary.  It’s a Virtus pattern version, which I’d imagine has more demand.

I reached out to SR25cartel/HTX (the guys making the SR25 stuff) about these.  They had thought about it, but weren’t sure there was enough interest.  Maybe bug them on instagram.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/5ED6621A-78B5-4247-BFAD-DE4FFB26C8E2-3202310.jpg
View Quote

Sending you a PM asap
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:30:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: red6actual] [#24]
No I would say the Legacy rails would be more in demand since they are closer to clone correct.

Seen quite a few virtus versions for sale over the past year, these would miss the mark in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By red6actual:
No I would say the Legacy rails would be more in demand since they are closer to clone correct.

Seen quite a few virtus versions for sale over the past year, these would miss the mark in my opinion.
View Quote

We could do legacy as well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Ideally, a legacy would be my preferred receiver for a clone.

There’s just not as many of them out there when compared to a Virtus upper.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:52:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#27]

View Quote

While legacy is closer, far more people have a Virtus that are looking for a rail for. Either way, this is a very niche project and I hope it pans out. I have an Altrd Virtus rail I would be willing to loan.

Not as cool as Subpar's but I love it
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:14:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By sbye:

While legacy is closer, far more people have a Virtus that are looking for a rail for. Either way, this is a very niche project and I hope it pans out. I have an Altrd Virtus rail I would be willing to loan.

Not as cool as Subpar's but I love it
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260726/1000005876-2992299.jpg
View Quote

Badass!  LVAWs are just cool.

I’m gonna send my junk to gunslinger.  Hopefully these guys are able to make this happen.  Then everyone can beat their fists against the proverbial brick wall trying to find an SRD can
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#29]
@Gunslinger97 PM me as well. I've got legacy 8" and 10.5" rails, and the rattler rail.

Is railscales on here? They're the only ones I know who have an actual LVAW and manufacturing ability.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TIML:
@Gunslinger97 PM me as well. I've got legacy 8" and 10.5" rails, and the rattler rail.

Is railscales on here? They're the only ones I know who have an actual LVAW and manufacturing ability.
View Quote

I know Railscales won't take on this project. It would be too small and too much headache for them. Plus, the actual LVAW rails won't fit a legacy or Virtus upper. They have tabs that index into the receiver, where the legacy and Virtus are just the opposite. I do know of another with legit LVAW rails, but I don't think they would be necessary for the project.

@subpar & @TIML are your rails from batch 1 or 2? At one point I owned one of each and there is a slightly different fit and finish.

Batch 1 is a little too long on the receiver end, so stocks will catch on it and may not fully close. Batch 2 fixed that issue, but also has slightly tighter lock up and a rougher finish. The rails from the first batch were quite a bit smoother.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#31]

We could do legacy as well.
View Quote

I’m in for a legacy
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By sbye:

I know Railscales won't take on this project. It would be too small and too much headache for them. Plus, the actual LVAW rails won't fit a legacy or Virtus upper. They have tabs that index into the receiver, where the legacy and Virtus are just the opposite. I do know of another with legit LVAW rails, but I don't think they would be necessary for the project.

@subpar & @TIML are your rails from batch 1 or 2? At one point I owned one of each and there is a slightly different fit and finish.

Batch 1 is a little too long on the receiver end, so stocks will catch on it and may not fully close. Batch 2 fixed that issue, but also has slightly tighter lock up and a rougher finish. The rails from the first batch were quite a bit smoother.
View Quote

It’s one from the second run, so the KM stock lays flat.  The fit is on par with the Sig SD handguard.

I’m gonna send the Altrd scout light mount for potential replication as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:20:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2Keylows] [#33]
Hoping this gets some traction.
I'd be in for a Legacy and Virtus Version.

Eta: Tbh, I'd be more interested in a 8in Carbon version.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#34]
In for a legacy version!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks to the generosity of Subpar who has kindly loaned me his rail I can get started on this project quicker than anticipated. Once it's here I'll get all the measurements needed and I'm trying to schedule getting it laser 3d scanned to really fast track this project. I'll post updates when I have them.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks to the generosity of Subpar who has kindly loaned me his rail I can get started on this project quicker than anticipated. Once it's here I'll get all the measurements needed and I'm trying to schedule getting it laser 3d scanned to really fast track this project. I'll post updates when I have them.

View Quote

Keep it as long as you need to get the laser scan done.  Whatever gives this the best chance of success.

@coregon was there generational changes in the handguard link where this could be a potential bottleneck?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Keep it as long as you need to get the laser scan done.  Whatever gives this the best chance of success.

@coregon was there generational changes in the handguard link where this could be a potential bottleneck?
View Quote

Not that would affect LVAW.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm in for Legay 8 inch and 10.5, a Rattler too if that happens.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Same for me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I appreciate it, I'm still going to try to get it all done in a timely manner. Does anyone know what all lengths the LVAW handguards came in? Trying to get a rough number so I can start getting some figures for the extrusion companies.

Thanks fellas
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#41]
8” for the prototype 10.5” for the actual contract.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#43]

I appreciate it, I'm still going to try to get it all done in a timely manner. Does anyone know what all lengths the LVAW handguards came in? Trying to get a rough number so I can start getting some figures for the extrusion companies.

Thanks fellas
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#44]
In for a Virtus.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:46:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Can’t believe he went bankrupt with all our money. First I’m hearing of it. What a POS.

I’m in for a repro rail for the legacy uppers.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:13:26 AM EDT
[#47]
I’ll take an 8 and 10 so long as it works with LT
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm definitely in for a 10.5 Virtus version, super excited for this!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top