Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2024 4:48:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lx2008]
this has probably been brought up before so i hope someone can lend a hand.
my recently acquired ar10 with ar10 carry handle that has a 6/3 knob. i`v sighted in many an ar15 w/ irons, but not this. ( this is an older Armalite )
i am guessing there will be a different procedure as far as how far the initial distance would be ( like ar15 being 25m )
also being the trajectory path of a .308 being different ( will be using mostly 168gr smk`s & some 150gr hpbt`s. out of a 20" bbl )

i have been reading the Savannah Arsenal info but i have not seen any info regarding the ar10.

any help would sure be appreciated guys.

thank you for your time!

( EDIT...what i thought was i had a 6/3 drum rear sight, i really never gave it a good look. it is the original detach. carry handle
that has a 1 thru 8 setting. 1&2 are only one click apart but 2 thru 8 are a few clicks apart. just to be sure, i emailed Armalite
a got a quick response if this was the original carry handle that came w/ the rifle & it was but the person sent me a link to the manual
and i`m in the process of reading that info regarding zeroing of the rifle w/ this type of c.h.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m glad you asked this. I need to sight in the irons on my ar10.

I setup my ar15s at 50 yards. I’m kinda winging it at that distance because my eyes are starting to suck. If I can consistently hit a 6” shootnsee, I feel good about it.

I’m planning on doing the same thing with my 308. It’s a heavy pig and meant to be shot from a bench off a bipod, so I just want to be able to hit the same 6” target at 50 yards with the irons.

I’m curious how others do it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:
I'm glad you asked this. I need to sight in the irons on my ar10.

I setup my ar15s at 50 yards. I'm kinda winging it at that distance because my eyes are starting to suck. If I can consistently hit a 6" shootnsee, I feel good about it.

I'm planning on doing the same thing with my 308. It's a heavy pig and meant to be shot from a bench off a bipod, so I just want to be able to hit the same 6" target at 50 yards with the irons.

I'm curious how others do it.
View Quote
First, get some corrective lenses.

Don't limit yourself to a 6" shoot n see. At 50 yards from a rest, six o'clock hold, I'll get my rounds into a 6", then move to a 3" shoot n see and then to a 2" shoot n see. When I can get most of my rounds into a 2", then I'm happy.  I'll put all 3 sizes on a white foam board.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top