Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2023 8:18:17 AM EDT
So I just ran across the new ARFCOM vid going over the rule change(again).

How exactly does this apply to current F1s, and is there any chance things will get reversed like pistol braces etc. ?

Another thought,  is if making your own suppressors is illegal then making F1 SBRs should follow.

Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I must have missed this. What's going on?
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#2]
It really isn't a new rule, they have had the same position that parts intended for use in a suppressor "are" suppressors ever since the whole Diversified Machine debacle.  It is odd that they sent that memo out to dealers at this time, I have heard theories that they are in the stages of a new enforcement effort (ie, about to go after more dealers and suppliers), that this was not an intentional notification and that the memo getting sent out was either a system feature or flaw and even that there is someone inside the ATF that is on our side pushed this out at this time in an attempt to get the ATF drug into the Administrative State / pistol brace / bump stock ruling cycle.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Only video I can find is some clickbait bullshit re: the solvent trap stuff.

Seems like they already implemented that one a year or so back with the mass rejection of form 1’s. Now there are some additional BS added to the eform1 submittal where you are baited into incriminating yourself.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 12:19:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BASE:
I must have missed this. What's going on?
View Quote

BREAKING: New AFT Rule BANS Homemade Silencers!!!

It's still nuts they're even wanting to go over people who actually followed the law and got a F1.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOS5itbIvPw

It's still nuts they're even wanting to go over people who actually followed the law and got a F1.
View Quote

Ah, yeah that's the one I found. Kind of a BS title on that, it certainly got my attention as I have a few form 1's in the system right now. I heard some chatter at the local gun shop yesterday about all form 1's being halted (again) but I couldn't find anything indicating that was really the case. Sounds like it is not. At least I didn't hear anything in the video that indicated they were changing their policy but I did skip through it pretty quick.

It is horseshit. None of this should be regulated to begin with but at least those guys were attempting to pay the king $ and register them. I bet there are some feds that are just going nuts knowing the country has been flooded with millions of illegal silencers and "switches" from China. Only good thing(s) to come out of China ever IMO.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Well according to them, that would make EVERY Maglite flashlight in the country a silencer. Making them MORE than in common use and thus outside the AFT's purview. They literally produce millions MONTHLY, and have been making them since the 1970's.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#7]
For years I've hoping they will push a bit too far and the absurdity of it all will become obvious to all, and it will all collapse on them. I've never really thought it would happen until lately though. This is getting ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Rules are for ruled.

Laws are for the Represented.

Ignore that shit
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#9]
So the ATF is making laws again?
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
So the ATF is making laws again?
View Quote

when did they stop?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Funny how SCOTUS fast tracked feds cutting fences on non-fed property but decisions on both challenges to Chevron are being slow walked.

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 4:26:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sidequest:
Funny how SCOTUS fast tracked feds cutting fences on non-fed property but decisions on both challenges to Chevron are being slow walked.

View Quote

I hope Trump wins, if not I have feeling We'll wake up one day with a ton of nasty stuff being passed.  Might anyway. Next pres will get more scotus picks probably.

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 4:54:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#13]
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Sierra5:
The full video is out there, jumped off, rolled right, then the drogue chute lawn darted him head first into the pavement.  

The website I found it on is super not safe for work though.
View Quote

You talking about the guy who just died base jumping, because he forgot to do an equipment check, or this thread?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top