Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2023 10:44:33 PM EDT
So yeah. Proud new owner, and I wanna do some dumb shit with this rifle.

The first thing I want to do is to drop into some kind of chassis or stock- and my primary concern here is something that I could run a clip-on with.

I see some stuff out there (looking at you, MDT) that gets advertised for the "Ruger 77"- but I do know that that the 77/44 is a little on the weird side, particularly with that magazine. Does anyone know of some aftermarket chassis or stock for the 77/44, particularly one that would allow a NV Bridge or other way to run clip-ons?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think there's much in the way of aftermarket for them.  I LOVE mine, but it's stock, just tossed on a Leupold 1x4.  Love it though, great brush gun.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea the 77/44 is kinda a niche gun. Intended as a short/handy "bush gun" for close range deer hunting. Hence the limited round capacity and lack of aftermarket support. It is also a low production gun.
44 mag bolt actions are not a popular thing. Most people who want a 44 mag carbine buy a lever gun. Higher capacity and faster to operate.

So pretty much you are going to be on your own trying to make what you want.

Having said all that, I just bought one myself. (has not shipped yet). It is a older used one someone has already cut the barrel down to 16 inch and threaded it.
I was wanting something 44 mag, threaded for suppressor use, manually operated (bolt or lever), but here is the kicker, I specifically wanted a wood stock!
That severely limited my options, as factory threaded wood stock lever guns do not seem to be made.
New production 77/44's with the factory threaded barrels are rare as hens teeth and $1300+

So my options were buy a henry x model and buy a wood stock set for it (big$$), or buy a used 77/44 and have it threaded. I lucked out and found one already threaded for $950.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:02:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rgaper] [#3]
OP, I have a 77/17 which apparently was designed off of the 77/44.  I use it for nighttime predator hunting in areas where center fire is no-go.  I can verify what was stated above after looking on my own.  Definitely interested to hear what you come up with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top