Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2024 7:24:02 PM EDT
I have an AV Avenger .22, so so far I have shot Crosman Premiers 14.3 gr and H&N Barracudas 18.13 gr.. The Crosmans are the more accurate of the 2 but I'm sure there are other pellets out there that are more accurate. However I'm lazy and cheap and don't want to test 20 different pellets to find the best one. What does the hive think is the most accurate?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArimoDave] [#1]
The two other pellets that are known for precision, are:  JSB Exacts, and H&N Field Target Trophies. They both come in different weights, and the H&N can be had in different head sizes as well.

I'd start with a tin of both brands in about the same weight as the Crosman's that shot better.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:27:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ArimoDave:
The two other pellets that are known for precision, are:  JSB Exacts, and H&N Field Target Trophies. They both come in different weights, and the H&N can be had in different head sizes as well.

I'd start with a tin of both brands in about the same weight as the Crosman's that shot better.
View Quote

The Avenger .22 was literally designed around the JSB Diabolo Exact Heavy 18.13gr.

It shoots it well. What’s impressive, is that it actually shoots pretty well with a lot of options. It doesn’t seem as finicky/picky as some, where you see wildly varying results.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

The Avenger .22 was literally designed around the JSB Diabolo Exact Heavy 18.13gr.

It shoots it well. What’s impressive, is that it actually shoots pretty well with a lot of options. It doesn’t seem as finicky/picky as some, where you see wildly varying results.

View Quote

That’s what I run in my .25 avenger (different weight obviously) shoots great so never bothered to test others. Dome shape because that’s what worked in my .22 talon so just sticking with it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Crossman is usually good starter but it’s hard to beat JSB. I think the Crossman pellets are a bit more velocity node sensitive compared to the JSB in both my pcp’s. Now the Crossman and RWS seem to shoot better out of my RWS 34.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top