Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2023 2:01:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AtomicOutdoorsman]
So I've got a F1 9mm can I built with a Ti tube and aluminum baffles. The baffles I turned from 7075 T6 bar stock on my lathe to .045 how do y'all think this would hold up on a 350 legend bolt gun strictly for hunting? I also have a sico hybrid 46 but I was hoping to use my lighter F1 can.

Link Posted: 7/6/2023 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It will work until it doesn't...
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HunterB93:
View Quote

Lol thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 3:26:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snevid] [#3]
looks good.  might be worth a try.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I would not hesitate to use it in that application.

Worst case scenario, you're out $200 and can upgrade the baffle stack or build a new one.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#5]
How long is the .350 Legend rifle's barrel?
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
View Quote

16in
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AtomicOutdoorsman:

16in
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

16in

Looking at the chamber pressure and guesstimating the muzzle pressure for a 16" barrel I wouldn't expect those baffles to last long at all. Even if they don't collapse - which they very well could - the gas erosion would be remarkable.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Looking at the chamber pressure and guesstimating the muzzle pressure for a 16" barrel I wouldn't expect those baffles to last long at all. Even if they don't collapse - which they very well could - the gas erosion would be remarkable.
View Quote

6200 psi for 350L vs 3200 psi for 9mm at the muzzle.

223 is 14500 psi
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By HunterB93:
View Quote

This. It will work if you keep the firing schedule down/don’t shoot more than a few rounds before letting it cool. But aluminum will erode faster, especially with the thin edge on the orifice. You need to clip the baffles too for maximum suppression. Single scoop.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 4:50:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By VeritatisUnus:

This. It will work if you keep the firing schedule down/don’t shoot more than a few rounds before letting it cool. But aluminum will erode faster, especially with the thin edge on the orifice. You need to clip the baffles too for maximum suppression. Single scoop.
View Quote

I double clipped these for subsonic stuff. That picture was done before the clipping. I'm going to give it a try, worse case it'll make for good pictures if it eats itself.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By VeritatisUnus:

View Quote

This guy has the answer.

Link Posted: 7/9/2023 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#12]

223 is 14500 psi
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

223 is 14500 psi

Gas volume is also worlds apart. I'm intrigued to learn how your can fares.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:Gas volume is also worlds apart. I'm intrigued to learn how your can fares.
View Quote

Exactly!
350L subs will take 3-4X the amount of powder as 9mm. That's 3-4X the amount of particles blasting towards and eroding the Aluminum.
I wouldn't hesitate to make a dedicated suppressor for that round, but I would make the baffles thicker than for 9mm and I'd also coat them with Moly Resin or Cerakote.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't have a before picture of the baffles, but they probably have about 750rds of 9mm through them. This picture is after 40rds of 350L. The baffles seem ok to me. I think it'll work just fine and it sounded pretty good. Here's a video of my buddy shooting it at 375yds

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top