Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2021 11:43:13 AM EDT
Morning guys, any idea on how I can date a ACR, I am thinking its one of the early builds. Picked it up at a gunshop that knew nothing about it,  they said its set on there shelf for a long time. it was a trade in. its a BL02 start of the serial # range, dont know if its a recall gun or what. I know its early I think cause its got a standard a2 flash hider and the 1/9 barrel.

I dont think it was a bad impulse buy at 1500 out the door. in this day and age.  it doesnt look like its been fired allot or at all. I did hit the range and it was all over the place. I tightened the barrel again, when I got back to the house. I hope that fixes it.  I figure thats why the person traded it. I hope they just didnt have it click and tight enough.

thanks again. for any info.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard that some ACRs, early or late production IDK, had problems with the ratcheting mechanism being unable to tighten the barrels down sufficiency. Bushmaster's warranty fix was to install a thin spacer/washer between the ratchet and barrel extention shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Davy101:
I've heard that some ACRs, early or late production IDK, had problems with the ratcheting mechanism being unable to tighten the barrels down sufficiency. Bushmaster's warranty fix was to install a thin spacer/washer between the ratchet and barrel extention shoulder.
View Quote

All ACRs have a lock ring washer in that position, they are/were available in a few different thicknesses. Some people also didn't realize that the wrench needed tightened until it stopped turning, not just until it reached the 6 o clock position.

A lot of people saw the most recent MAC video where he claims to have had issues with the barrel staying tight (despite leaving a lot of questions unanswered like whether it was tightened all the way, and not seeking warranty support), but ignore his original video where he preferred it to the SCAR 16.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
ya the one i got i found out tightens at 7 to 8 not 6. at 6 it clicks but its not snug. i did order the next size up washer incase it locking in at 7 doesn't solve the issue. handgaurd goes on no problems, i just now have to get to the range to try it out.  its a very intersting design.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top