Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2023 12:03:53 AM EDT
I just purchased a short barrel for my Benelli Nova and I'd like to fit a magazine extension tube to add some capacity.

Any maker / brand / model to check out?
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:10:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#1]
I like my GG&G. A bit different finish from the barrel if you’re picky though. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I think my SuperNova had a Nordic Component extension installed back when I had one. It worked fine. I added the Nordic railed mag clamp to mount a light.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Carlson #  723189045029 or 723189045074

Have these and they run flawlessly. 7 round or 8 round ext
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a Benelli one on mine, but that was about 15 years ago, and I'm not sure if they are still available.

If I were to buy one now, it would be a Nordic Components.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Solid parts. There is a sling swivel on the other side. I don't remember how much it cost or where I bought it.

Link Posted: 12/23/2023 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gtsteve03:
I think my SuperNova had a Nordic Component extension installed back when I had one. It worked fine. I added the Nordic railed mag clamp to mount a light.
View Quote

I'm a Nordic fan too
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 2:54:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm another fan of the Nordic Components MXT Magazine Extension. They look even better in person than the pictures. I bought one for my daughter and she loves it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Carlson's extension on my M2 that I have been very happy with. I was not able to grt all the rounds loaded and the Carlson's CS was very helpful. In the end I had to clip a few rings off the spring. Ever since then it has run perfectly and at full capacity.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Any problems with the factory magazine extension?  They all seem to be in a similar price range.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 3:27:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ming_The_Merciless] [#10]
Originally Posted By ihon:
Any problems with the factory magazine extension?  They all seem to be in a similar price range.
View Quote

I don't think I've seen a Factory Benelli Magazine extension for the Nova - when I googled it benelli didn't come up.

On further research a page or two further in searches - yes, a company called "Bellini Parts" offer a factory one (a +2), for $159 for the SuperNova - I'd think it would work as well for the Nova.

https://www.benelliparts.net/products/benelli-supernova-magazine-extension

Was hoping for something more to the "Affordable" side of the spectrum.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 5:55:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ihon] [#11]
I went ahead and ordered the factory Benelli mag extension for my Supernova along with a factory collapsible stock.  I picked up a Benelli Supernova for $300 a few months ago and have always wanted this configuration.  

I got the factory magazine extension for $59 from Rat Worx.  

https://store.ratworxusa.com/products/benelli-80201-be-snv-80201-be-snv-80201-2545

I have some Nordic parts on my Benelli M1 that I have been impressed with, but I want factory parts if possible.  Particularly if they are cheaper than aftermarket.  I'll post what I think of it when it arrives.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I got the Benelli factory magazine extension and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.  It is the quality you would expect from a Benelli factory part.  It installed very easily and matches up with the length perfectly.  Definitely worth the $59 (plus $12 shipping) I paid for it.    

The finish is slightly off when you study it, matte gray finish on shotgun, matte black finish on extension.  But nothing horrible and I do have an old, used Supernova.  It would probably match a new gun better.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ihon:
I got the Benelli factory magazine extension and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.  It is the quality you would expect from a Benelli factory part.  It installed very easily and matches up with the length perfectly.  Definitely worth the $59 (plus $12 shipping) I paid for it.    

The finish is slightly off when you study it, matte gray finish on shotgun, matte black finish on extension.  But nothing horrible and I do have an old, used Supernova.  It would probably match a new gun better.
View Quote

@ihon

I have an 18.5" barrel Ghost Ring Sighted NOVA.  Will the "+3" be too long?

Just eyeballing it, I would think 18.5" barrel (Ghost Ring front & rear) would only fit a +2 round extension would fit (without extending significantly past the barrel).

Thank you for sharing your experiences with me as I try to get this set up before 2024 gets crazy!

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#14]
@ihon

My NOVA holds 4 (Magazine) + 1 (chamber) for 5

It feels REALLY close to taking a 5th round in the magazine, but just a BIT too short.

What is your round count on your SuperNova Tactical?  "X" in Tube + 1 in chamber?

Sorry for the flurry of questions, but you are the guy with the knowledge!
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll check to confirm that 3x additional shells will go into the extension.  I believe I have Remington, Federal, Winchester, Fiochi and Rio buckshot/slugs to test it.  They way I can see if the different lengths make a difference.  I'm pretty sure I read the Rio shells are a tad longer than most.  I got it because it was cheap and I can use it as range ammo, allowing my Federal flitecontrol buckshot to be used sparingly.  I just stuck some snap caps in to test the cycling, but didn't have enough to do a full round count.  I have a rifle sighted 18.5" Supernova and the mag extension is pretty much flush with the end of the barrel.  

I believe the stock mag tube holds 4x 3" shells, which is why you can almost squeeze in a 5th 2.75" shell, but not quite.  So the extension only really needs to add 2 and a half shells to add 3x total.  Which make sense as my Remington 870 18.5" takes 7 shells in the tube.

If I can ever find them in stock again at a reasonable price, I'll try some of the mini-shells as well.  They hung up 50-60% of the time in my Remington 870 Wingmaster but functioned fine in my Winchester 1300.  I have a Mossberg Shockwave and Kel-tec KS-7 that they are supposed to function in, but haven't found any in stock at a reasonable price.  If they charge the same as Federal flitecontrol buckshot, I'm not buying the play mini shells.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 12:54:42 AM EDT
[#16]
It fits 7x shells and ends 1/4" from the end of the barrel. Definitely worth getting, particularly since it doesn't cost any more than the competition.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Nordic is my go to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top