Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2023 2:47:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GoatBoy]
I recently started playing airsoft after paintballing for like 2 decades. Of course we always made fun of the airsoft guys but I have to admit its kinda fun. It is also suppppppeeeerrrr cheap compared to paintball. I also do very well since I play just like I play speedball (fast and lots of movement).

I am actually considering selling all my pb gear....
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:21:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ShOcKeRpb] [#1]
Still have a bit of pb gear hanging around (OG Ebladed Autocockers, Smart Parts Nerves and Shockers (hence the screen name)) and have gotten into airsoft when ammo was impossible to find over covid as a cheap replacement for dry fire drills.

Go fot it.

Spent a few bucks on kitting out a plate carrier and such in a way that I would realistically want to use one and realised there was a SHIT TON of issues actually using it from getting slings and other pieces hung up on each other and other quality of life improvements like comms gear.

It's just as fun as playing woodsball with much lower consumable costs and can bring to light some real world issues with gear selection.

If you want to get into speedball type play, indoor fields and "SpeedQB" setups have went very much in the direction of what you would expect to see with an airsoft based setup. Compressed air powered, short, high rof, and tucked in setups on a mirrored bunker field. Plays almost exactly like your old NPPL and Xgames airball fields would.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 10:22:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#2]
I've been playing on an off for the last 19 years.

I don't really have access to a private range or land to do tacticool shooting and drills, so most of my gear gets used in airsoft.

Edit: Mostly play milsim type games and events.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SickMAK90:
. I also do very well since I play just like I play speedball (fast and lots of movement).
View Quote

Sounds like a Tokyo Marui Hi Capa HPA is in your future
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#4]
There’s a match scheduled in Killeen for October. It’s been over ten years since I’ve played. Ordered my first “real” airsoft blaster the other night. Golden Eagle Block 3 gas blowback M4. Right now it’s shaping up to be at least four of us going, could be more, so I’m rearranging gear for running a second radio for platoon level comms alongside our team frequency.

Link Posted: 7/4/2023 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I made a GHILLIE SUIT out of TRASH (almost got stepped on??)
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I just started thinking about getting back into it. I played about 10-15 years ago for a bit, but haven't since then. Still have an Ares G36 from that period.

I was looking at MK18s and Scars this morning...
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:
I just started thinking about getting back into it. I played about 10-15 years ago for a bit, but haven't since then. Still have an Ares G36 from that period.

I was looking at MK18s and Scars this morning...
View Quote

Don't be poor. Wolverine MTW.

Same deal; I got back into it a couple years ago after a long break.

Pretty fun. Now with more nods.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 2:33:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:
Don't be poor. Wolverine MTW.
View Quote

Haven't heard of this.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Haven't heard of this.
View Quote

It's pricey, but I got one a few months ago and it's pretty cool.

It can use real steel stocks and grips and doesn't feel like a toy, other than the weight.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 3:25:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chibajoe] [#11]
You mean, like this?

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I also just switched to a MTW Forged. Soooo much better than an AEG. Takes a lot of real AR parts. I wish I had switched sooner. Would have saved several hundred dollars trying to get my AEG where I wanted it and never got to where the MTW is stock.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Earax:
I also just switched to a MTW Forged. Soooo much better than an AEG. Takes a lot of real AR parts. I wish I had switched sooner. Would have saved several hundred dollars trying to get my AEG where I wanted it and never got to where the MTW is stock.
View Quote

Plenty of AEG manufacturers use receivers that are compatible with real steel parts.  I personally can't stand running a remote (bias from my paintball days).
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top