Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2024 9:12:24 AM EDT
Winchester Ranger Lever action 22lr.

Anyone get a chance to see one of these in person?  How does it compare to a Henry?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#1]
It's probably okay but I try to steer clear of firearms made in Turkey
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I hadn't seen that before.

$419 MSRP so maybe $350?

I like it and have been thinking about a lever 22. Henry's are cool and I've seen a couple lightly used BL22s go for reasonable prices on GB lately but I'm interested.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:54:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MDStroup] [#3]
The real question. Is it drilled and tapped for a rear tang sight?

Hopefully there will be a octagonal barrel model.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MDStroup:
The real question. Is it drilled and tapped for a rear tang sight?
View Quote
Pictures suggest it is not.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The link above shows it is a grooved receiver for a tip off mount and not drilled and tapped.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:29:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AT-ST83] [#6]
They aren't even listed as available from distributors yet..."Coming Soon".  I'd expect $369 - $379 to be the street price.

Doesn't look to be too bad of a rifle.  I missed it at SHOT...didn't even know it was coming out, and I walked through that booth.  

Billet aluminum receiver, machined metal internals and lever, 15rd capacity, they are drilled and tapped for a tang sight, although sample rifle clearly wasnt, 1 takedown screw, 1.5" at 50 yards (claimed), not drilled for scope mounts, tip off rail only. Turkish made by Izmash Salah...they don't make a "bad" rifle, just not a great one.  

I think I'd stick with a Browning BL-22, you can find a nice one on gunbroker.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HomeAtLast:
It's probably okay but I try to steer clear of firearms made in Turkey
View Quote

Blame unions for their usual fuckery and politicians for theirs (corporate income tax).  

If it gets decent reviews, then I may buy one.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Has my attention, but will wait on real world reviews.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#9]
If I wanted a cheap lever 22 I'd get a Henry. Turkish gun with Winchester stamped on it doesn't do it for me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#10]
My beef with the Henry is that it has a cheap zamak receiver covered with a chintzy fake brass sheet steel cover, that is built on old Erma tooling.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#11]
The Rossi Rio looks like a good little shooter, if you don’t mind it being made in Brazil by Taurus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top