Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2024 1:38:57 AM EDT
I just got 6 suppressors and waiting on number 7 and it's about time I decided on mounts. I have.
Rex 338
Rex 308
Surge X 308
Polonium 556
Obsidian 9
Oculus 22
And waiting on a Scythe Ti 308.
The surge has a adapter with it so I'm looking at the mounts. I'm probably going to go with plan A bit want peoples opinion on Rugged mounts. I don't like the locking collar it has as it would be a pain to deal with on some setups. But I hear ecco makes adapters without the locking collar.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:16:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pomyluy] [#1]
My 7.62x39 uppers have Rugged flash hiders. Love the mounts, hate the locking collar. Ecco's adapter sounds like a good idea.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pomyluy:
My 7.62x39 uppers have Rugged flash hiders. Love the mounts, hate the locking collar. Ecco's adapter sounds like a good idea.
View Quote

They do look very well machined. So you like them? Does the dual taper lock up and don't back out?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#3]
No experience with Rugged, but I run Plan A on all my cans (including a Rex MG7K and Polo K) and really like it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:53:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pomyluy] [#4]
Originally Posted By fmkenner:

They do look very well machined. So you like them? Does the dual taper lock up and don't back out?
View Quote

They are very well machined, and yes I like them. On the other hand, Rugged's dual taper mechanism is a pretty bad design, I bet a lot of people are shooting Rugged suppressors that aren't properly locked and don't even realize it. But that doesn't matter, because a single taper is all you need.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I only have experience with Rugged’s 3-Lug adapter and and it’s works but I can’t say it’s better than any other 3-lug adapter out there.

I run YHM mounts on my rifle suppressors. Good solid lockup and the secondary collar is a nice but not need to have. With that said, if I was starting from scratch I would have go with the Plan A system. The Griffin Plan A allows for the use of different muzzle devices and a ton of thread patterns. You can buy them from just about anywhere and they always seem to always be in stock.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 3 Rugged rifle cans and have had zero issues with the mount. If you have lights or something blocking the locking collar, it can be a pain.

The Griffin Dual Lok is super badass.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:43:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECCO_Machine] [#7]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:44:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Use Ruggen flash hiders and brakes on mine. No problems other than one rifle teh handguard is pretty damn close to it making it hard to get off. ALso can be a bear to get it to unlock when its a bit ahem warm.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#9]
As a dealer and user, I don't like the collar.  But I do like their muzzle devices themselves.

I may have to order the Ecco adapter.  I didn't realize they made one for those.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By fmkenner:

View Quote

I guess that was for everyone so:  Running the flash hiders, I like the looks for what that is worth but like the function more (suppressed and unsuppressed) as I do not like the concussion from brakes.  I have not had them loosen up on any of the three I use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top