Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2024 7:58:28 PM EDT
I have a YHM R9 with a 3 lug adapter coming for my MP5 clones (Zenith MKE full size, and Zenith USA K model). I've been told I may need to swap out the locking mechanism, particularly on the K model.
Looking for advice from anyone who has been in this situation.
Will I probably have to swap some parts?  Will I be able to make them run with and without the can?
Should be getting it sometime this week, so I want to gather info ahead of time.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
In my experience, the K is more sensitive to the locking piece used.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 18B30:
In my experience, the K is more sensitive to the locking piece used.

View Quote

Is there a "middle of the road" where it will run with and without? Or is it pretty much dedicated to the can after changing the locking mech?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
You don't need a new locking block for the full sized guns
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:37:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mini14jac] [#4]
I added the RCM 80* locking piece to my PTR 9 KT.
Had to change rollers to get the bolt gap back into spec.

It ran the same ammo just fine with or without the suppressor after the swap.

Supposedly the 80* locking piece slows down rearward movement so you don’t get roller dents in the upper.

HK recommends the locking piece upgrade if you are going to shoot full auto in a K gun with a stock.
Since I was using a brace and running a binary trigger, I added the RCM part as cheap insurance.

If you are not running NATO spec ammo in full auto, you will probably be fine.

I’m in the “better to have and not need camp”.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top