Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2024 7:52:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lee_Ho_Fooks]
1699.00 it is tempting and if I hadn’t just gotten an AUG, i would probably fo.

Sorry im on my phone and have no idea how to hot link that way.

Here it is!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Reverse stretch, eh?

I can see the utility, I guess.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the appeal of the reverse stretch?
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, it’s only $1538 if you put it in your cart.

Not sure how long that price will last though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a PTR Though
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
View Quote

It takes standard mp5 stocks, grip housings etc, with the mp5k barrel length. Basically the shorter front end, with more common parts for everything else. @alaskanfire
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:

It takes standard mp5 stocks, grip housings etc, with the mp5k barrel length. Basically the shorter front end, with more common parts for everything else. @alaskanfire
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Thanks. I know I've asked that before. I rememembered the normal stocks but couldn't remember if it affected internal parts as well.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:06:28 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
Traditionally on an MP5-RS the recoil rod is a custom part due the gun having a full length rear end but using the shorter "K" carrier.

As a result so sort of end up with a "tweener" length reverse stretch recoil rod and spring as the full size MP5 recoil rod is too long and the MP5K recoil rod is too short.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jbntex:

Traditionally on an MP5-RS the recoil rod is a custom part due the gun having a full length rear end but using the shorter "K" carrier.  

As a result so sort of end up with a "tweener" length reverse stretch recoil rod and spring as the full size MP5 recoil rod is too long and the MP5K recoil rod is too short.
View Quote

But that is actually pretty easy to fix, I built an RS. I cut the cocking rod down and use a standard spring and bolt carrier, at least I think thats what I did. I dont remember at this point.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#10]

But that is actually pretty easy to fix, I built an RS. I cut the cocking rod down and use a standard spring and bolt carrier, at least I think thats what I did. I dont remember at this point.
View Quote

On the RS sort of like the 51 there is no real standard on how they are made.

Mine is a Jeff Walters PCS build with a K carrier and RS length recoil rod. The very small number I have seen in person over the years all used custom RS length recoil rods as well.

I have never seen heard of anybody using a full size carrier with a reduced length K cocking tube support to make room for the longer full size MP5 carrier but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work.  You are just changing out a custom length recoil rod for a custom cocking tube support.

It will be interesting to see how PTR decides to build these. One of my shooting buddies just bought one of these from Atlantic so should probably have it in hand in a week or so.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:05:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Keep the rail, keep he fancy case, build it as the Classic, & sell it for $1200. GARY
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By N4KVE:
Keep the rail, keep he fancy case, build it as the Classic, & sell it for $1200. GARY
View Quote

I'd love a PTR K Classic... so much easier to SBR.

But don't do it as a RS. I'd think a traditional K would be more appealing to more buyers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Screwball:

But don't do it as a RS. I'd think a traditional K would be more appealing to more buyers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Screwball:
Originally Posted By N4KVE:

I used to lean toward the reverse stretch. However there are so many options for the K now. That it doesn't really make any sense. It just adds length to the wrong end anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top