Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2024 3:59:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: henryfrank]
Looks like mine are off by 1 between bolt and trunnion. In past Augs I’ve researched online these numbers are supposed to match so I don’t believe this is normal. I saw an older Aug A3 SA have a barrel match the  trunnion match the bolt even.

Someone chimed in on my reddit post saying that this isn’t normal, but heard elsewhere that it is normal.

Can anyone please chime in and also confirm/deny by looking at their Aug if they have numbers that don’t match?

My reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/AUG/s/lBESJJSO7t
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Those are not a serial numbers. Those are lot codes from the date they were made. The only thing that will have a matching number is the receiver and carrier. Some new guns and 99% of all preban guns have matching barrel numbers also.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 80085:
Those are not a serial numbers. Those are lot codes from the date they were made. The only thing that will have a matching number is the receiver and carrier. Some new guns and 99% of all preban guns have matching barrel numbers also.
View Quote

Oh. That makes a lot more sense. Thank you. Where is the marking on the barrel? Do they mark on new ones?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The latest AUG's from Steyr US have dropped SN on the bolt carriers too. The only SN going forward is the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome. That’s great to know!
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 2:57:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mr_Barlow:
The latest AUG's from Steyr US have dropped SN on the bolt carriers too. The only SN going forward is the receiver.
View Quote

Geez. That’s nice.
My latest AUG purchase was August 2023. Carrier is serialized.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top