Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2024 5:52:48 PM EDT
The old TP9 thread went to archive. Seems like more aftermarket upgrades are available for the TP9 now. Eventually I want to upgrade the trigger, charging handle and maybe add a magwell.

Thread is worthless without pics, so I'll start off.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Waiting on that Gigliotti trigger.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Not an owner yet but I have one of the RAL8K kits on order..

I am a bit of a trigger snob and will be keeping eye out on everyone’s opinion on the short stroke trigger kit.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:21:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FADALdude] [#3]
Required reading/ Small Arms Review MP9

Really incredible Steyr almost literally threw out the TDP and tooling when the accountants got to the TMP.

I think a lot of hate comes from a fundamental misunderstanding of the MP9/TP9. It is really a “CCW” SMG from the pre-red dot and wml days that is meant to be carried a lot. That means there is a lot of compromises and it is hard to get a good set up with modern electronics.

The vestigially long trigger pull from the progressive FA takes some getting used to and isn’t fast. Mine mellowed out a lot, but, it’s not great.

I am a big fan and the cross bolt version is really a great companion to the AUG. You can see some similarities when you start looking.

B&T quietly fixed the magazines with the new slim bumpers. It only costs 75% of the magazine cost to upgrade. Welcome to Switzerland.

Oh yeah bring cash. Lots of it.

The superlative Aimpoint T1 was literally made for the MP9.

B&T believes that subguns need to have an optic and approached Aimpoint some four years ago with a proposal for a very small optic and an open purchase order for what was recently introduced as the Aimpoint Micro T-1. After much R&D, Aimpoint developed what was considered an ideal match for the MP9

Reddit is Reddit but the tp9 group is alright.

I’m looking for a factory fixed stock still!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:29:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FADALdude:
The vestigially long trigger pull from the progressive FA takes some getting used to and isn't fast. Mine mellowed out a lot, but, it's not great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FADALdude:
The vestigially long trigger pull from the progressive FA takes some getting used to and isn't fast. Mine mellowed out a lot, but, it's not great.
That's not really from having full auto though. It's just crazy long. On the MP9 the FA comes right after the SA, but SA is still waaaayy back there. lol

The only reason I can think of why they made it so long would be for carrying it with the safety off (or having the original cross-bolt safety disengaged under your jacket and not realizing it) which may also be why B&T added the passive trigger safety, and later re-designed the safety selector to be rotational, but idk. I dislike the rotational selector on the MP9-N because it takes so long to roll it around to full auto. I could see PSD personnel just choosing to leave it on FA all the time (since the trigger is progressive, as you noted).

B&T quietly fixed the magazines with the new slim bumpers. It only costs 75% of the magazine cost to upgrade. Welcome to Switzerland.
Why are these better than the earlier/larger bumpers? (I've not seen the slim bumpers in person.)

I hear really great things about the KCI mags for these (listed as APC9 mags).

I'm looking for a factory fixed stock still!
for a SPP/TMP?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:46:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FADALdude] [#5]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:

for a SPP/TMP?
View Quote

Yup. Had one waiting to ship from Canada when their laws changed.

The centerfire systems stock is vaguely described by them as aftermarket. It’s not factory.

I’ve read that users of the non navy version just run it without the manual safety.

As far as the magazines, I was speaking in jest when I said they fixed the magazines. They got rid of the big bumpers for smaller integrated bumpers. The magazines definitely a weak point.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone know where to source a Gigliotti charging handle from?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
Anyone know where to source a Gigliotti charging handle from?
View Quote

Gigliotti rifle works.

I don't think he has resellers.

Email him.  He's usually pretty responsive about putting you on a "wait list".

Once a trigger is released, this is going to be a really fun gun.  I enjoy mine but that trigger really is absolute trash.  It's very, very hard to shoot this thing well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top