BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
B&T TP9 trigger (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/15/2023 7:47:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chad7881]
For those of you who know, the B&T TP9 trigger is an issue of great debate. Let's all be honest it sucks. And even with the current market options it still pretty bad and not very reliable.  I have issues with the plastic trigger bar binding, I polished the internal parts, that helped a little.  But I'm really excited because Gigliotti Riflework announced today that they have a completely new trigger redesign for the TP9. I got an email from him stating he is waiting for anodizing to be completed before he post them on his website. I'm beyond excited, I have waited years for a proper trigger. I'm currently running his plunger and it completely transforms the charging action of the gun.

Check him out on Instagram
Gigliotti Rifleworks LLC
(@gigliottirifleworks)
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad to see more aftermarket support for this.
What is his trigger anticipated to do, as compared to the existing aftermarket aluminum triggers? Will it also include a replacement spring?
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
I'm glad to see more aftermarket support for this.
What is his trigger anticipated to do, as compared to the existing aftermarket aluminum triggers? Will it also include a replacement spring?
View Quote

By what the announcement says, it's more than the trigger shoe, and a change out on the fire control group. Hopefully that means replacing the sear and all.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
ni!
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 11:13:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#4]
Originally Posted By WriterClarke:
By what the announcement says, it's more than the trigger shoe, and a change out on the fire control group. Hopefully that means replacing the sear and all.
View Quote
Interesting.

Here it is, as seen on Instagram:
Today we are announcing our TP9 Short Stroke Trigger Kit!

Yes, that's right. We have cured the TP9 trigger issues once and for all. This is not a gimmick. This is not just a trigger shoe. This is a complete overhaul of the fire control group! It replaces the factory components with a precision, low friction group. The pull length is stupid short, crisp break and the reset is super quick. The original system is spongey because it was meant to be FA, but in the semi application we all know it was no good. It's all over now, the TP9 is great again! More details as we update the website and product photos.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes! Ready to procure once available.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 3:17:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WriterClarke] [#6]
Gigliotti put out a little bit of info in regards to exactly what the kit should do:

Shorten the trigger pull length by 2/3rds, and drop the weight from 11lbs to 5lbs.

I'm eagerly awaiting release
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Gigliotti put out a little bit of info in regards to exactly what the kit should do:

Shorten the trigger pull length by 2/3rds, and drop the weight from 11lbs to 5lbs.

I'm eagerly awaiting release
View Quote

That alone right there will hopefully significantly transform this bad boy into something wicked.  As much as I love my TP9, its incredibly hard to shoot this thing well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I've lusted over these for a few years now. I'd like to say the abysmal trigger has been the thing from stopping me but it's actually the price for the whole package (2 stamps, proprietary suppressor, high cost of the gun itself) Still, here I am in this thread lol.

They "leaked" some new info recently. Lifetime warranty.

This is the only gun I want, right now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:10:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By KC-ROUGHNECK:
I've lusted over these for a few years now. I'd like to say the abysmal trigger has been the thing from stopping me but it's actually the price for the whole package (2 stamps, proprietary suppressor, high cost of the gun itself) Still, here I am in this thread lol.

They "leaked" some new info recently. Lifetime warranty.

This is the only gun I want, right now.
View Quote

Yeah, the TP9 is certainly not the most price efficient option when something like the Flux Raider and USW conversions exist, but I like the form of it more than the others.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Please not be vaporware
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, still no update on the kit. I'm surprised they haven't released as they did promise a September release according to an email conversation I had with them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Still feeling like vaporware
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#13]
They posted another update showing off packaging for the kit. Nothing else as of now
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 2:48:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Apparently, it's going to be a November release, no concrete date so I'm betting end of November at best
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Yup I’ve been waiting patiently for this. The plunger pro wouldn’t fit either of my early DSA guns, so, hopefully there aren’t compatibility issues with these.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I just was informed about this today at the LGS.  One of the guys showed me a video of the short pull and reset.  It looks awesome!
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:47:40 AM EDT
[#17]
For those not following their instagram saying that a part change was necessary, but kits for both the crossbolt and lever safeties will be out at the same time apparently.
Still no timeline so who knows if we'll get it before New Years.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 7:41:30 PM EDT
[#18]
For those not following their instagram saying that a part change was necessary, but kits for both the crossbolt and lever safeties will be out at the same time apparently.
Still no timeline so who knows if we'll get it before New Years.
View Quote

Thanks for that update for those of us not following them.
I was hoping they would make a version for the TP9 and Navy version.

I hope this is a huge hit for GRW. The trigger (or what people have read online) has been a deal breaker for a lot of new customers.

We should start a poll on the pricing.

I’m guessing $599.99?
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FADALdude:

I hope this is a huge hit for GRW. The trigger (or what people have read online) has been a deal breaker for a lot of new customers.

I’m guessing $599.99?
View Quote

I'm gonna be honest, I'd lose interest at that price. The trigger isn't bad enough to me to want to spend a 1/3rd of what I paid for the gun.
I'm in a 300$ to 400$ at most.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#20]
A Geissele trigger is in the $300 range non sale.  I would say it's at least worth that amount.  Any higher?  not sure.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#21]

I'm gonna be honest, I'd lose interest at that price. The trigger isn't bad enough to me to want to spend a 1/3rd of what I paid for the gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FADALdude:

I’m guessing $599.99?

I finally got to where you’re at. That’s a real hard price when I paid $975 for one of mine.

My stock examples really broke in nicely after a case or so. The triggers really aren’t that bad for what they are; I think people forget the niche a TP9 / TMP fills.

I am sure these will blow up on social media with that crowd.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Holy cow. At $599 I'd skip that entirely.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CKxx:
View Quote

yeah that would be a pretty steep price for a trigger.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CKxx:
View Quote

Are you speculating on the price or did they announce the pricing already?
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

Are you speculating on the price or did they announce the pricing already?
View Quote

Speculation. No pricing or launch date still
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#26]
According to an email I got a little bit ago, pre-orders are opening up for the kit tomorrow, no price or straight shipping date was on the email so it'll have to wait till tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#27]
According to an email I got a little bit ago, pre-orders are opening up for the kit tomorrow, no price or straight shipping date was on the email so it'll have to wait till tomorrow
View Quote
Pre-ordering where?
Link?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Pre-ordering where?
Link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Pre-ordering where?
Link?
@WriterClarke any details on this email?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Pre-orders are opening on Gigliottirifleworks.com, there's no current listing on the site itself
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Thx. I'll keep checking tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Heads up, there website looks down
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Site is up, price is 399$
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Preordered
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 2:09:45 AM EDT
[#35]
I also put my pre-order in. It was on the high end of my estimate.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Another preorder here...  Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Have they said when they planned on shipping them?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#38]
They said they were starting production the day before the preorder went live, but nothing as far as a concrete shipping date.
Pre-orders are closed though, so we'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Preoerdered...  now for the wait
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Two parts of the kit need anodizing so they said a few weeks
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Two parts of the kit need anodizing so they said a few weeks
View Quote
twoooooo weeeeeeeeks  
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:40:18 AM EDT
[#42]
I might've left that last comment too sparse.
Two of the 6 components of the trigger kit need to be anodized, so they are making those parts first to get coated while they make the remaining parts that don't need it. Here's their actual post.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#43]
They put out an update that everything is still on track, but will pin a specific date once stuff is back from getting coated.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#44]
2 weeeeeeeks
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Any update here? As a rule, I don't pre-pay anything, ever, but I'd like to get this trigger once it's in stock.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#46]
nothing new
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:53:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FBATFE] [#47]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:57:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mew] [#48]
Not sure if the TP9 trigger is similar to the GHM but I purchased one with the Enhanced package that came with an Elftmann trigger and it's very nice.
If it is similar contact them they answered all my questions and were very pleasant and informative. They are going to be partnering with B&T to supply triggers on certain models
according to the rep I spoke with at ET.
https://www.elftactical.com/
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#49]
The TP9 Trigger is its own thing, just a semi auto conversion of the MP9's progressive trigger with it's goofy design.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#50]
They are confidently saying May will be the month the pre-ordered kits go out, which brings it to around 3 months from pre-order dates.

We'll see if they can actually deliver or if they'll repeat themselves again
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
B&T TP9 trigger (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top