Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2024 10:32:07 PM EDT
https://cmmg.com/barrel-and-bcg-kit-8-4140cm-sbn-9mm

Looking to build an upper off the kit above. It says it fits standard AR uppers with a "modified ejection port."

How does the ejection port need to be modified? Can I use a standard AR upper with a 9mm defector and dust cover?

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:10:47 AM EDT
[#1]
They’re referring to an enlarged ejection port. Yes, many use regular uppers and they still seem to work fine.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
They’re referring to an enlarged ejection port. Yes, many use regular uppers and they still seem to work fine.
View Quote

And CMMG is not the only manufacturer that indicates that an "enlarged" ejection port is suggested?, needed?, desirable?, cool to have? ... for PCCs.  And when a manufacturer says "enlarged" do they mean taller, wider, both taller and wider, with an oval shape, with a teardrop shape?

Why do manufacturers think that everyone is a mind reader?  Responses from manufacturers are respectfully requested.  Responses from non-manufacturers will be considered guesses, opinions, wishful thoughts, musings, anecdotal experiences where 'YMMV' applies, etc.

MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be well.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I built mine with an aero precision xl upper receiver as the xl means enlarged ejection port, rest of receiver is same as any other.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The XL uppers just trim a little extra metal along the top and front of the ejection port. You can take a dremel from a spot just to the right of where the ejection port cover detent locks in and trim around the corner to the bottom front of the door-like 12:30 to 4:00. This is all behind the dust cover so you will not see it when it's closed.

It is not necessary for a 9mm though. It can help with the larger calibers.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SecondAmend: Responses from manufacturers are respectfully requested.  Responses from non-manufacturers will be considered guesses, opinions, wishful thoughts, musings, anecdotal experiences where 'YMMV' applies, etc.
View Quote

In my anecdotal experience, you'd be better off asking the manufacturer directly
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]

In my anecdotal experience, you'd be better off asking the manufacturer directly
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecondAmend: Responses from manufacturers are respectfully requested.  Responses from non-manufacturers will be considered guesses, opinions, wishful thoughts, musings, anecdotal experiences where 'YMMV' applies, etc.

My point is that one should not have to waste their time and the manufacturer's time asking and answering.  The manufacturers should just put the information in their ads.  For example, car makers tell us exactly what oil to put in our engine, not simply, "use oil that's good".

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, then.

Originally Posted By SecondAmend: And CMMG is not the only manufacturer that indicates that an "enlarged" ejection port is suggested?, needed?, desirable?, cool to have? ... for PCCs.  And when a manufacturer says "enlarged" do they mean taller, wider, both taller and wider, with an oval shape, with a teardrop shape?
View Quote

For CMMG: Suggested. I already answered the needed question above- many do not use them. Desirable or cool to have is up to you. Taller and you can see the difference in pics.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys, seems like an aero xl upper should do the trick.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:
Thanks guys, seems like an aero xl upper should do the trick.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top