Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2024 10:12:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Steamedliver]
Anyone have experience with this folding stock for the Beretta 1301?

I do not need it, just a want.

Edit.  I’d try it out, but I really dont want to spend $500 on a gimmick.  Hence the question.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with the 1301 folding stock, but a buddy of mine does lever guns and uses the chisel stocks as one of the options.  They are solid and chisel listens to feedback from my buddy on product improvements.  

So while no experience with the stock, Chisel is a reputable quality company.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish Beretta would offer the 1301 in an SBR version, the folding stock would really make the most sense in that configuration. At $500 that is a lot of money for not much gain in terms of size reduction.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jhoule:
No experience with the 1301 folding stock, but a buddy of mine does lever guns and uses the chisel stocks as one of the options.  They are solid and chisel listens to feedback from my buddy on product improvements.  

View Quote

Thanks.   Certainly helpful for the endorsement.  

Originally Posted By MK318:
I wish Beretta would offer the 1301 in an SBR version, the folding stock would really make the most sense in that configuration. At $500 that is a lot of money for not much gain in terms of size reduction.
View Quote

For me, aside from aesthetics, I can put the shotgun in a drawer that I can’t put it in currently.  

I have an AR pistol in there now.   A shotgun would make more sense for my situation.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:33:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kwb377] [#4]
Once while cleaning my 1301 with a GG&G M500 stock adaptor, I had a stroke of genius (madness) and said, "Lemme try something..." with an old Bulter Creek stock from a Maverick 88 I had recently inherited from my father.

I can't imagine it would be very comfortable to shoot (never tried it), but it would solve a storage issue if absolutely necessary...and I suspect other folding stocks for the Mossberg could work also.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:40:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

For me, aside from aesthetics, I can put the shotgun in a drawer that I can’t put it in currently.  

I have an AR pistol in there now.   A shotgun would make more sense for my situation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jhoule:

Yeah I didn’t consider that. I have a pair of pull out drawers in my 4Runner that a folded 1301 would fit it but I keep an AR and a 590 Shockwave in there. It would certainly work in that situation. I have to admit it looks pretty cool. Unfortunately their mount is fixed with a limited footprint. I’d like to see a more modular option for an optic mount or make it modular so that you can eliminate the mount all together if you don’t want it. Would be nice if they integrated a 8 round side saddle that flipped over when you fold the stock so it would be useable deployed and folded. There aren’t many good options for mounting a side saddle on the 1301, a stock like that opens some doors up to make things even more modular. The only thing about it that concerns me is the trigger reach. It looks really long in photos though it could just be a perspective thing from various angles in photos. I wonder if the QD sockets are limited rotation. I hate the one on my Magpul stock, it isn’t rotation limited and is always getting twisted when I am not using the sling.

Not my gun but it shows off the stock really well. Pulled from Reddit. It looks pretty slick with the stock. Being able to fire it folded is a plus if you ever find yourself in a tight space like a vehicle. Though I don’t want to imagine that kind of hearing loss touching off a 12ga in a vehicle would cause.  
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By kwb377:
Once while cleaning my 1301 with a GG&G M500 stock adaptor, I had a stroke of genius (madness) and said, "Lemme try something..." with an old Bulter Creek stock from a Maverick 88 I had recently inherited from my father.

I can't imagine it would be very comfortable to shoot (never tried it), but it would solve a storage issue if absolutely necessary...and I suspect other folding stocks for the Mossberg could work also.

https://a4.pbase.com/o12/07/240307/1/174436139.8E2vRDLw.1301b.jpg

https://a4.pbase.com/o12/07/240307/1/174436140.1s8RmJr7.1301c.jpg

https://a4.pbase.com/o12/07/240307/1/174436147.T9Cn0o98.1301d.jpg
View Quote

That is cool AF. Almost 30 years ago one of my first guns was a cheap Mossberg 500 and the first thing I did was put a folding choate stock on it. It was all plastic as I recall. It made the felt recoil brutal. It was like getting hit by a car shooting turkey loads out of that thing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I've heard that the gas system won't work if shortened.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SnowMexican:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SnowMexican:

Yeah, they’d have to move the gas port as it is currently all the way up at the front of the hand guard area. I’ve heard that at most they could go down to 16”. The 1301 is already pretty short feeling, a 16” would probably feel a lot like the 14” M4. Your capacity would drop to 5+1. Going lower than 16” would require a redesign of the gas system.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Those pictures are making me want it more.  Gah.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Those pictures are making me want it more.  Gah.
View Quote

It does look good. I kind of like the set up that kwb377 posted. The utility of it. Maybe it’s because folding stocks on a shotgun are very common. I wish someone made a stock similar to the 1014 stock. I emailed Mesa Tactical awhile back about offering a 8 round side saddle for the 1301 and I asked about their Telescoping stock adapter but instead of a buffer tube, a 1913 railed rear so you could mount 1913 clamp on style stocks. The response made it clear didn’t seem interested in any kind of changes from their core product line. Status quo I guess.  

This but a 1913 rail instead of a buffer tube adapter would open up a lot of options.
https://mesatactical.com/products/leo-gen-ii-telescoping-stock-adapter-for-beretta-1301-12-ga.html

Once you move to that 1913 rail piece, the sky is the limit. There are all kinds of things you could do. I wouldn’t mind something like the ACR stock or Zhukov stocks.
https://1913stocks.com/acr-stock-with-1913-adapter/

I thought about pairing that Mesa tactical adapter with something like this, which lets you adapt a buffer tube mount to a 1913 rail. Rigging something like that up concerns me. It starts getting more complex, more mounts and adaptors means more failure points.
https://a3tactical.com/rear-brace-stock-adapter-ar-buffer-thread-to-picatinny-1913/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top