Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 2/6/2023 1:32:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sidpost]
Looking at the Shot Show videos, I ran across the Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol 12 Gauge.  At a $500 lower price point compared to the 1301, it certainly looks like a winner for many in the market for a shotgun like this.

What is everyone's thoughts on this versus the 1301 or the ever-popular Benelli options?  I have mixed feelings about the Benelli M4 beyond its higher price as well so, the 1301 and A300 Ultima Patrol 12 Gauge have my attention for a modern gas-operated 12 gauge.

As noted in my other recent thread, Pump-Action shotguns have their place and for me, their lighter weight than that of my 1187 is attractive.  I'm getting older so, my shoulder benefits from a bit softer recoil from heavier loads and, my dexterity manipulating a slide is not what it used to be since shoulder surgery.  At $1100 though, that opens up a lot of options for a modern gas-operated shotgun with a pseudo-antisocial flair.  What I don't want though, is to become some sort of TACTICAL TURTLE with a heavy complex shotgun with too much crap on it to slow down my swing or shouldering speed as I frequently encounter dogs in 2's and 3's so fast follow-up shots matter along with a mag capacity of more than 5 rounds if it doesn't become too front heavy.

So, Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol 12 Gauge?  Or, something else?

TIA, Sid
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:00:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it’s a great option and will be a great shotgun for many people. It’s a beretta, it’s a reliable well proven Design imo. Maybe not battle proven, but killed a shit ton of animals
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:17:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve been a shotgun guy since I trained with Awerbuck in 1995 and I started carrying one on duty in 97.

26 years as a big city cop and I use the shotgun frequently.

The AR has many strengths but for most encounters I find myself inside 20-25 yards anyway.

Started with an 18” 870 done by Scattergun Tech then switched to a 14” 870 by them.

About 4-5 years ago I started carrying a 14” Benelli M4 for work and purchased a 1301 for the house.

Each has its role and though I prefer the advantages of the semi a good pump gun is a solid choice.

The $500 difference between the new gun and the 1301 is because the 1301 uses their Blink operating system.

1301 is an excellent choice across the board though I prefer the M4 14” in a gun I’m using in and around vehicles.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:46:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TrailerTrash556] [#3]
I wasn't exactly ready to run out and buy a 1301 but I had been considering one for probably a year or more now.

The A300 is supposed to be a little slower but just as capable as far as cycling all loads. The speed doesn't bother me but I want a do it all that will run cheapest shit to the best buckshot without worries.

Optics ready, a few goodies i would want, and coming in quite a bit under the 1301 means it has my attention.

Eta
One of the videos from Shot Show had a rep saying under $1000. They are $1099 on their Website
Pic for reference
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I’m very interested in the A300 Patrol, but I’m going to wait on this for awhile. I’d like to see some real user reviews on this shotgun.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jkirkon:
I’m very interested in the A300 Patrol, but I’m going to wait on this for awhile. I’d like to see some real user reviews on this shotgun.

View Quote

Same. Given Berettas reputation, I felt mostly comfortable being an early adopter so was thinking about fo-ing, but was teetering. Then I learned I very well may be losing my job shortly, so that suddenly made that decision easier.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TrailerTrash556:
Eta
One of the videos from Shot Show had a rep saying under $1000. They are $1099 on their Website
View Quote

MSRP is $1099, so a "street price" of <$1K is reasonable after the initial feeding frenzy and hype on various forums dies down.  Aftermarket support will be better for a good while too if you are into accessorizing your shotgun.

On the other hand, the 1301 is a well regarded and supported platform today without the hype status of Benelli M4's and other similar options.

One thing is for sure, those Italians sure know how to build a superior shotgun!  Even the cheaper ones are stellar shotguns IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MallNinja531:

Same. Given Berettas reputation, I felt mostly comfortable being an early adopter so was thinking about fo-ing, but was teetering. Then I learned I very well may be losing my job shortly, so that suddenly made that decision easier.
View Quote

Bummer.  I know the feeling and hope you have an awesome outcome. Personally, I don't really understand the numbers being reported on the normal media sources ... record unemployment and significant layoffs with really high inflation rates!    No recession to see here!  Why yes, we did redefine what recession means ...

I guess when you have a high-paying job, there is no recession!
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 1301 I have put a fair amount of money into and  got jealous when I saw the A300 with a mlok handguard.

Anyone know if the A300 handguard would fit on a 1301 tactical?
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish they would make a 20ga version of this.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sidpost:

Bummer.  I know the feeling and hope you have an awesome outcome. Personally, I don't really understand the numbers being reported on the normal media sources ... record unemployment and significant layoffs with really high inflation rates!    No recession to see here!  Why yes, we did redefine what recession means ...

I guess when you have a high-paying job, there is no recession!
View Quote

Thanks @sidpost, I very much appreciate it. I don't get it either, but oh well. When you're a working stiff like me, the tide takes you where it decides.

Sorry for the sidetrack, back to this B.A. shotgun!
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a decked out 1301 already but I've been thinking of picking up another, less expensive shotgun as a spare/back-up. For a while I was looking at the Mossberg 940, but luckily it never came in stock anywhere before I saw this.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 5:18:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Idahobound] [#12]
If I could have only afforded the A300 instead of my 1301, would I have been bummed; no, not really!!! Both are awesome, and its hard to tell them apart. Both shoot faster than i am so who cares...I bought my 1301 before the A300 came out. But, I love my 1301, she is one sexy beast. My favorite gun right now.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Have one on order.  Just curious how to go about mounting an optic.  I have an RMR, T-2 and 508T available for it, but I have grown to love taller mounts.  Not quite sure how the optic sits relative to the stock or exactly what is compatible with this platform, but I can't wait to get it and get it set up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:40:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1AEGW] [#14]
Bereli's has them for pre-order at $949

https://www.bereli.com/beretta-a300-ultima-patrol-12-19-7-round-mag-tube-shotgun/

I'm liking the opened up loading port on the A300 and the M-LOK Handguard.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 1AEGW:
Bereli's has them for pre-order at $949

https://www.bereli.com/beretta-a300-ultima-patrol-12-19-7-round-mag-tube-shotgun/

I'm liking the opened up loading port on the A300 and the M-LOK Handguard.
View Quote

Yesterday they were asking $899.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By schiffer99:
Anyone know if the A300 handguard would fit on a 1301 tactical?
View Quote

The video with Beretta I watched said the forearm/handguard was not compatible.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Are they in stock anywhere or just listed on websites..?
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Bereli says they are en route to them and expected early next week.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 7:24:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunner76] [#19]
Originally Posted By MONGO45:
Are they in stock anywhere or just listed on websites..?
View Quote

The Scheels store in Mankato MN had two on the shelf this morning for $999. I played around with the one for a few minutes and liked it, the LOP is way too short without the spacers unless you are either a small person or wearing armor, it says there are additional spacers included so not a problem. The checkering on the stock and forearm are Very aggressive and I think the gun will stick to your hand no matter what is on them, I wish others would use the same type of checkering. Balance is good and the controls are typical Beretta, I don't overly care for the safety being in front of the trigger but it posed no issues for me on their field guns. If I was in the market for a defensive shotgun I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By gunner76:

The Scheels store in Mankato MN had two on the shelf this morning for $999. I played around with the one for a few minutes and liked it, the LOP is way too short without the spacers unless you are either a small person or wearing armor, it says there are additional spacers included so not a problem. The checkering on the stock and forearm are Very aggressive and I think the gun will stick to your hand no matter what is on them, I wish others would use the same type of checkering. Balance is good and the controls are typical Beretta, I don't overly care for the safety being in front of the trigger but it posed no issues for me on their field guns. If I was in the market for a defensive shotgun I'd buy one.
View Quote

I didn't even notice the safety in front of the trigger. How did it feel and which side is safe?
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#21]

I didn't even notice the safety in front of the trigger. How did it feel and which side is safe?
View Quote

I'm used to a rear safety but in front is fine and actually once you get used to it is probably a touch faster because after you push the safety off you move you finger back and on the trigger to fire. I have short fingers and didn't have any issues manipulating the front safety on the A400 I owned for a year. I believe the safety is reversable like all the other Beretta autos so in RH configuration you push to the left to fire like all other shotguns.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#22]

I'm used to a rear safety but in front is fine and actually once you get used to it is probably a touch faster because after you push the safety off you move you finger back and on the trigger to fire. I have short fingers and didn't have any issues manipulating the front safety on the A400 I owned for a year. I believe the safety is reversable like all the other Beretta autos so in RH configuration you push to the left to fire like all other shotguns.
View Quote

Interesting. I don't believe I've ever handled or fired a gun with the safety in front but what you say makes perfect sense.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:38:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#23]

Interesting. I don't believe I've ever handled or fired a gun with the safety in front but what you say makes perfect sense.
View Quote

Safety in the front is the standard for a large percentage of shotguns including Berettas
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

Safety in the front is the standard for a large percentage of shotguns including Berettas
View Quote

I'm a poor I've never paid more than $200 for a shotgun and never even held a Beretta

This one might change that
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#25]
I will be sorely disappointed if I can’t get one of these.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#26]
The 1301 sure looks good!  If this new one puts a little price pressure on it, I could see paying a little more to go with the Italian-made option.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I’ve wanted a 1301 for a while but couldn’t bring myself to spend that much.

This is really a contender for me now.  I’m curious if the other A300 barrels like the 26-28” will fit it to make this a “do-it-all” semi
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Marex:
Bereli says they are en route to them and expected early next week.
View Quote

Just got email saying mines shipped.  Ordered 1/31
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By bdy83:

Just got email saying mines shipped.  Ordered 1/31
View Quote

Same.  Should be in by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Same.  Should be in by the end of the week.
View Quote

Aren’t you in Illinois? I thought we were boned on getting these.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jkirkon:

View Quote

I've run a prototype version.

It's not quite a 1301, but it runs reliably with relatively mild recoil. It looks cool, the ergonomics are solid...it's a good shotgun. It's the semi-auto I would buy if I didn't already have two 1301Tactical shotguns.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

I've run a prototype version.

It's not quite a 1301, but it runs reliably with relatively mild recoil. It looks cool, the ergonomics are solid...it's a good shotgun. It's the semi-auto I would buy if I didn't already have two 1301Tactical shotguns.
View Quote

How reliable is it and with what ammo?
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#33]
What’s the maintenance on these compared to the 1301?? More. Less??
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#34]

How reliable is it and with what ammo?
View Quote

It ran with everything we had from light birdshot loads to 3" magnum slugs.

It was tuned specifically to run with low recoil Federal Flight Control ammunition so it will run with a wide range of 12 gauge.

It won't run with extra low recoil, low noise loads meant for break-action guns. But it ran everything else we had in class even in really shitty wet, cold conditions.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
What’s the maintenance on these compared to the 1301?? More. Less??
View Quote

The 1301's don't require much maintenance. Neither will these.

Bore and chamber are still chrome-lined to make maintenance easy and make the thing durable. The barrel geometry isn't quite as good as the 1301 but it's still going to be a good shooter.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

It ran with everything we had from light birdshot loads to 3" magnum slugs.

It was tuned specifically to run with low recoil Federal Flight Control ammunition so it will run with a wide range of 12 gauge.

It won't run with extra low recoil, low noise loads meant for break-action guns. But it ran everything else we had in class even in really shitty wet, cold conditions.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#37]
None in stock anymore...
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#38]
New video from Pew Pew Tactical. Watch it asap because there is footage of the gun being loaded and youtube doesn't like that.
Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol Review: Move Over Remington 870?
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone have any info on the optic mount on the tiger stripe model from SHOT Show..?

It appears to remove the rail and mount directly to the receiver for the Steiner MPS

Definitely lower and may co-witness
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#40]
If I am not mistaken it is compatible with the 1301 optic mounts.

That probably doesn't answer your question.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MONGO45:
Anyone have any info on the optic mount on the tiger stripe model from SHOT Show..?

It appears to remove the rail and mount directly to the receiver for the Steiner MPS

Definitely lower and may co-witness
View Quote

I believe I read somewhere it is Reptilian. Tactical Ordnance in Canada sells mounts that replace the pic rail while maintaining the OEM rear sight.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 7:37:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sniper3142] [#42]
I'm curious if any of the Stock Adapters for the 1301 that enable it to work with the Magpul Stock will work with the A300 Ultima?

I'd love to run a Magpul stock on the A300.

Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:
I'm curious if any of the Stock Adapters for the 1301 that enable it to work with the Magpul Stock will work with the A300 Ultima?

I'd love to run a Magpul stock on the A300.

View Quote

No. The 1301 and A300 use very different systems. The A300 uses a spring that travels down into a spring tube that is covered by the stock, so the 1301 adapters won't work on it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#44]
If I am not mistaken it is compatible with the 1301 optic mounts.

That probably doesn't answer your question.
View Quote

They have the same hole patterns drilled and tapped...so optic mounts for the 1301 will work on the 300 Patrol.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#45]
$900ish street price is pretty sweet.  I need a bird gun before I buy a tactical 12 gauge though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Ordered mine Monday from Bereli  got it Friday.  $901.55 Shipped
Put a extra Holosun on it to try. Sling and hardware on the way.  Cannot decide on a solid light for it yet.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 8:37:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marex] [#47]
The Farrowtech 509T optic mount (lower 1/3) for the 1301 works.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Yotehunter87:
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-kV7GR7M/0/f31f06e9/M/i-kV7GR7M-M.jpg

Ordered mine Monday from Bereli  got it Friday.  $901.55 Shipped
Put a extra Holosun on it to try. Sling and hardware on the way.  Cannot decide on a solid light for it yet.
View Quote

Does it come with extra shims for the LOP or is that an option? I'm a small guy but I though the LOP was a little short and could see it leading to a few banged up noses from shooting heavy recoiling ammo unless you shoot with armor or a bulky coat.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#49]

Does it come with extra shims for the LOP or is that an option? I'm a small guy but I though the LOP was a little short and could see it leading to a few banged up noses from shooting heavy recoiling ammo unless you shoot with armor or a bulky coat.
View Quote

Yes it comes with 1 small and 1 large shim. Also comes with fitted velcro for side mounted card.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Scored a gray A300 Patrol on GunBroker Saturday evening. $930 + $25 shipping.  Talked to my FFL and the dealer I purchased from today, so hopefully I'll have it within the next week.  Will post a range report/review when it comes in

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top