Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
wonder if the zhukov handguard setup from GG&G will fit as well.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ImpacTT:
wonder if the zhukov handguard setup from GG&G will fit as well.
View Quote

I asked and was told no, but they are working on something
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By gunner76:
Just a FYI tip. I wanted an economical adjustable rear sight for my A300 and bought a 1301 rear sight, it fit no problems but I have the sight bottomed out and the gun still shoots buckshot about 3-5" high at 20yds and slugs are about 4-5"inches high at 50yds.

The factory sight was about right on with buckshot and elevation was perfect with slugs but the slugs shot to the right 5". I'm starting to think maybe I should just put a micro RDS on it and be done.

ETA. How are you guys getting all these good patterns with buckshot? I bought some 9 pellet Federal flight control and I'm getting larger groups then what everyone else is posting and they aren't consistent, sometime they are tight and sometimes not. I remember now why I've never been able to keep a tactical shotgun, never been happy with the accuracy. The positive though is the gun has been flawless with everything I've shot through it.
View Quote

Did you buy a metal or plastic rear sight?

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:03:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By thezman:
I tested this on another 1301 Tac at the gun store and it did the exact same thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I tested this on another 1301 Tac at the gun store and it did the exact same thing.

It actually happens in live fire.

so, how did you test this at the gun store?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ian187:

View Quote

The housing is plastic but  I think the ring and adjustment areas are metal.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

I'll check in a few days if the metal and plastic sights have the same amount of elevation. I'd try some different ammunition and see if you can back into a zero.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:36:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BoomToob] [#7]
Anyone got any bright ideas on adaptation for different stocks? I was wondering if a 1301 Urbino could be made to work. Or could a magpul SGA be heavily modified to work in conjunction with an aridus adapter?

ETA: if anyone has an aridus adapter, I have a magpul SGA mossberg stock that I would be willing to modify and risk destroying for the cause.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BoomToob:
Anyone got any bright ideas on adaptation for different stocks? I was wondering if a 1301 Urbino could be made to work. Or could a magpul SGA be heavily modified to work in conjunction with an aridus adapter?

ETA: if anyone has an aridus adapter, I have a magpul SGA mossberg stock that I would be willing to modify and risk destroying for the cause.
View Quote

Those stocks and adapters don't fit because the A300 recoil spring is in the stock. Same reason why they don't fit the Mossberg 930.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Those stocks and adapters don't fit because the A300 recoil spring is in the stock. Same reason why they don't fit the Mossberg 930.
View Quote

I’m aware of why they don’t fit, the question was can they be modified to fit. Drill bits and saws and shit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 5:06:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImpacTT] [#10]
I'm sure the a300 will be a popular choice and innovative companies will come up with cool products.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 5:53:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#11]

I’m aware of why they don’t fit, the question was can they be modified to fit. Drill bits and saws and shit.
View Quote

The Magpul probably not because the recoil rod would go through the back of the grip.

Maybe the Urbino though
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Anything is possible with enough time and resources. Eventually you'll exceed the value of the more expensive model that allows for those features though. The A300 is a value product for a reason.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Anything is possible with enough time and resources. Eventually you'll exceed the value of the more expensive model that allows for those features though. The A300 is a value product for a reason.
View Quote

Seems unlikely to me that modifying a $100 stock to fit on a gun will offset the cost difference between the two shotguns.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:56:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImpacTT] [#14]
just installed langdon Tac spec GGG RMR mount and beretta pro lifter. very nice upgrades.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#15]
just installed langdon Tac spec GGG RMR mount and beretta pro lifter. very nice upgrades.
View Quote

Well done. I think the pro lifter is an excellent upgrade.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#16]
copying your setup..haha
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Done for now. Larue had the Trijicon RMR and mount on sale.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Hillbilly62:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/576126/IMG_5234-2829933.jpg
View Quote

Looking good! I’m very glad beretta started making these.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#19]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/576126/IMG_5234-2829933.jpg
View Quote

Nice. Who makes that QD mount between the stock and receiver?
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 6:08:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By amt115:

View Quote

GG&G
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#21]

GG&G
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By amt115:

GG&G

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I see Garand Thumb released his A300 UP video a few hours ago and said he has 3000rds through the gun without any issues. He had the same complaints about the QD positioning on the stock and the plastic barrel clamp, Beretta rep said they were trying to keep costs down but are aware of the complaints so maybe they'll make some changes. He did not mention any issues with the weak mag spring, but I'm guessing he doesn't keep it loaded so that might be why.

I have Surefire M640U and a remote switch coming for mine, Nordic mag spring, along with a few Esstac 7rd shell cards. I'm really thinking about adding the Match Saver also, even though I'm shooting the gun left handed I've been able to get fast loads while simulating having a match saver installed.

Still not sure what to do about the sling as I want to keep the gun somewhat ambi since both myself and my wife will be using it. Since I lost the attachment point by going with the GG&G barrel band the light will have to be mounted on the forearm so that eliminates a side mounted sling unless I want to move the light over to the other side for RH/LH setup. Might just have to attach it to the bottom.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#24]
The Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol, The Best Combat Shotgun for the Price?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I see Garand Thumb released his A300 UP video a few hours ago and said he has 3000rds through the gun without any issues. He had the same complaints about the QD positioning on the stock and the plastic barrel clamp, Beretta rep said they were trying to keep costs down but are aware of the complaints so maybe they'll make some changes. He did not mention any issues with the weak mag spring, but I'm guessing he doesn't keep it loaded so that might be why.

I have Surefire M640U and a remote switch coming for mine, Nordic mag spring, along with a few Esstac 7rd shell cards. I'm really thinking about adding the Match Saver also, even though I'm shooting the gun left handed I've been able to get fast loads while simulating having a match saver installed.

Still not sure what to do about the sling as I want to keep the gun somewhat ambi since both myself and my wife will be using it. Since I lost the attachment point by going with the GG&G barrel band the light will have to be mounted on the forearm so that eliminates a side mounted sling unless I want to move the light over to the other side for RH/LH setup. Might just have to attach it to the bottom.
View Quote

GG&G has options for sling mount for the 1301. It will work on the A300 as well. from what I have been told.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#26]
nice review but stock vs stock would have been nicer.

The Ultimate Beretta 1301 vs. A300 Patrol Review
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#27]
nice review but stock vs stock would have been nicer.
View Quote

Yep. They say there's a $500 price difference between the A300UP and the 1301.  But neglect to say all the aridus and magpul stuff is another $500
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By bdy83:

Yep. They say there's a $500 price difference between the A300UP and the 1301.  But neglect to say all the aridus and magpul stuff is another $500
View Quote

yep and let's not forget the trigger job on the langdon 1301.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Yea I also thought it was weird they went through all the effort in making a comparison video and didn't just use two fully stock shotguns. But I guess they covered the fundamental operational differences.

Anyways I think I've decided to pass on a A300 Patrol (unless I find a super deal some day ) despite it having a few updated features over a 1301. Maybe if Beretta incorporates them into a new 1301 I'll get one of those instead.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Had some spare moments, so I took my son (4) across the road and put some shells through the a300. I will say with certainty that with 2 3/4 9 pellet buckshot loads, I will never outrun this gun. If I’m not chasing a sight picture, maybe, but if I’m focusing on good hits there’s no way for me to recover from recoil and keep slamming the trigger fast enough to cause a malfunction. For my purposes, it would have been money wasted to go with a 1301 or m4.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Maybe it’s because I’m a 870 fanboy but I’ve found the A300 to be all the semi-shotgun I’ll ever need. Glad Beretta came out with it. Good to see it getting compared to M4 and 1301.I was ready to drop $1999 on a M4 until I seen this sitting in the rack. LGS offered up a 1301 yesterday, I didn’t even look at it out of the box. I’m perfectly happy right now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Maybe it’s because I’m a 870 fanboy but I’ve found the A300 to be all the semi-shotgun I’ll ever need. Glad Beretta came out with it. Good to see it getting compared to M4 and 1301.I was ready to drop $1999 on a M4 until I seen this sitting in the rack. LGS offered up a 1301 yesterday, I didn’t even look at it out of the box. I’m perfectly happy right now.
View Quote

Yep, been a pump gun guy up until now. For home defense, the a300 is just about right.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I am waiting to see if we get a better mlok handguard before considering one.

But the way these are selling I'm hoping it will be sooner rather than later...
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ZF-1:

View Quote

in James reeves last video, at the end Langdon hinting they are working on parts for the A300 :)
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By ZF-1:

View Quote

I don't see what is wrong with the handguard it has? There are enough spots to attach a light and a sling in optimal positions. Unless they beef the forearm up I wouldn't want to attach anything closer to the receiver other than a match saver because the back of the forearm doesn't really seem that strong.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#36]
I’m up to 550 rounds through mine, about 100 of those are since I installed the pro lifter, zero issues. I really like it and the 870 is in the safe.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#37]

100 rounds, no issues other than the front fiber optic sight came loose. Fixed. Loving this shotgun so far.

Added light and ESTAC ammo card.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Picked mine up yesterday, went with the gray finish.

Already changed the cast for a lefty, and hard as I tried, followed the you tube video, but couldn't reverse the safety.
My Esstac cards are 5 shot for the Mossberg I have, so will definitely be getting 7 shot cards.
Vickers 221 sling. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By m4nut:
Picked mine up yesterday, went with the gray finish.

Already changed the cast for a lefty, and hard as I tried, followed the you tube video, but couldn't reverse the safety.
My Esstac cards are 5 shot for the Mossberg I have, so will definitely be getting 7 shot cards.
Vickers 221 sling. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20054/IMG_20230614_190529935_HDR_jpg-2852489.JPG
View Quote

Mine was a little finicky as well.  It was a "tight" fit for that last little bit.  Took a nylon punch and barely tapped it...came right on through.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:06:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m4nut] [#40]
Originally Posted By 55Kingpin:

Mine was a little finicky as well.  It was a "tight" fit for that last little bit.  Took a nylon punch and barely tapped it...came right on through.
View Quote
Good to know.
I didn't wanna break it before I even shoot it.

And could they put thinner threads on that hole for the threaded plug?
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Put 50 more rounds through mine this morning while sighting in the RMR. Pleased as can be with this shotgun. What surprised me more than anything was the Remington Slugs shooting out to 100 yards, saw very little drop. At 25 yards Winchester 00 Buck makes an ungodly pattern. Still searching for a brand with a decent pattern. Federal Force and Remington 00 is next.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:59:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Has anyone installed the aluminum magazine tube sleeve and clamp from GG&G?

Any other source?

GG&G doesn't have great reviews, and I know nothing about them...
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TradWoodsman:

Any other source?

View Quote

I have one on my 1301, but they fit the A300UP as well. A few members posted about them on Pg 4.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#44]

Any other source?

View Quote

Good to go

Link Posted: 6/19/2023 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#45]

Good to go on mine.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Good to go

https://i.imgur.com/aYk77v4.jpg
View Quote
That's definitely on the list!
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:35:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImpacTT] [#47]
GG&G A300 dedicated page.
Always get my products quick from them.
Free shipping right now for Fathers day.

https://www.gggaz.com/beretta-a300-shotgun-accessories.html

Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#48]

Any other source?

View Quote

No complaints with the one I have. Nordic Component's has something similar but it costs more.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 8:44:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Still searching for a brand with a decent pattern. Federal Force and Remington 00 is next.
View Quote

Federal Flite Control is THE answer. It'll save you money in the long run to stop searching and just spend your money on this.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By spectre3:

Federal Flite Control is THE answer. It'll save you money in the long run to stop searching and just spend your money on this.
View Quote
According to manual, it's sighted/designed around Federal flight control buck.
Mine groups quite nicely with it.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top