Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2024 10:38:25 PM EDT
Had a conjugal with my new Ecco TLX45.  Sounds really great and is barely there, my Obsidian 9 is not much quieter.  I'm not getting 100% cycling, closer to 75%.  Seems to be short-stroking with my go-to load of N320 @ 3.7g and 147 projectiles.  Those that do cycle barely dribble out.  That was the only load I took with me today.  Do you guys that have this cycling without a booster use a lighter recoil spring?  My M9A4 is bone stock and functions perfectly with my boosted Obsidian.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:34:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I also have a stock M9A4 and a TLX 9. Not sure if the difference between the TLX 9 and 45 would matter bore size wise. I also have the Griffin EZ-LOK adapter which adds a little weight, but not much. That said I have not had any cycling issues with the setup. It's been 100% reliable for me with factory ammo. I know this doesn't help you in this situation, but wanted to add my experience for you. I have shot 115gr, 124gr, and 2 mags of 147 gr. You may need to tweak your recipe if you can or might have to try a booster and see if it runs 100% or not. Good luck, hope you figure it out. The TLX is a very underrated suppressor and I am still amazed at how light it is.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:10:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you guys running an optic on your M9A4s?

I am, a Holosun 508T.  I use the same exact N320 load mentioned above, and I get 100% cycling if I take off the optic, but with it mounted I get some stovepipes.  If I shoot my more energetic-cycling 147 sub loads with True Blue powder, I get 100% cycling, even with the optic.  I also run an Ez lok adapter on my TLX9.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:37:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a stock M9A4 with no optic and TLX 9.  No issues with 150 gr Syntech and 147 gr Winchester Super Suppressed ammo.   Also runs fine with my Rad 9 in short using the TLX’s direct thread mount.  Same ammo and the combo weighs 6.5 oz.  Haven’t tried with my Cam and EZ Lok adapters yet.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By arndog123:
I have a stock M9A4 with no optic and TLX 9.  No issues with 150 gr Syntech and 147 gr Winchester Super Suppressed ammo.   Also runs fine with my Rad 9 in short using the TLX’s direct thread mount.  Same ammo and the combo weighs 6.5 oz.  Haven’t tried with my Cam and EZ Lok adapters yet.
https://i.ibb.co/m4nqgDf/IMG-0834.jpg
View Quote

How do the TLX and short Rad 9 compare on that host?

My TLX is still in jail sadly.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#5]
The Rad 9 was too loud for me and I had to wear ear pro after a couple rounds.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Any pics with the tlx mounted to the m9?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By pfitter:
Any pics with the tlx mounted to the m9?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Great thanks!  It looks like the sights are blocked?  Beretta red dot mount is pretty high so that should work?  Sorry for the slight derail
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes the sights are blocked.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:06:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIGthusiast] [#10]
Mine.  I'm going to whip up some more reloads with other powders and try again soon.  Hoping to get it working.  She hasn't been shot much so maybe just needs to loosen up.  I'm actually considering getting a second to put a booster in.  The thing is just so light and really does suppress very well.  5.1 ounces WITH the EZ-Lok adapter.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks really good.  Does it feel significantly lighter than the obsidian?  I would think shooting it more or a spring change would do the trick if it’s that close
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By pfitter:
Looks really good.  Does it feel significantly lighter than the obsidian?  I would think shooting it more or a spring change would do the trick if it’s that close
View Quote

It's substantially lighter.  The Obsidian isn't what I'd call too heavy, but if I didn't know the TLX was on there, aside from  the obvious increase in length, I wouldn't notice it. It weighs less than the remote control next to my couch.  I notice the Obsidian more in short config than the TLX, in both sound and weight.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:03:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIGthusiast] [#13]
Originally Posted By emccracken:
Are you guys running an optic on your M9A4s?

I am, a Holosun 508T.  I use the same exact N320 load mentioned above, and I get 100% cycling if I take off the optic, but with it mounted I get some stovepipes.  If I shoot my more energetic-cycling 147 sub loads with True Blue powder, I get 100% cycling, even with the optic.  I also run an Ez lok adapter on my TLX9.
View Quote

No optic on mine.  I'm going to whip up some loads with a little more zip to see if that sorts it out.  It has less than 500 rounds on it also so the spring may just be a bit too much.  Really want this to work but I'll be happy even if I have to use a booster.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I want my TLX sooo bad!  7 weeks now.   9mm 1911 with a milled slide and holosun, all ready to go.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By spot-remover:
I want my TLX sooo bad!  7 weeks now.   9mm 1911 with a milled slide and holosun, all ready to go.
View Quote

It's a really great can. It will surprise you just how light it really is.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Took the can out again with some fresh loads this weekend.  Decided to try Special K, 147gr w/ 3.8gr of N340.  Not better.  Also some with 4.0gr, about the same.  I'll try upping it since there's more room to go with this powder.

I also tried 5gr of HS-6.  I hate this powder.  Dont know why people like it for 9mm.  You should also know that it didn't cycle the gun but made for the worst back spit I've ever experienced.  My one pound is almost gone.  I think I'll give it to the wife for her house plants.

Last but not least, Power Pistol, 4.8gr.  Works great.  Accuracy seemed okay.  I may work on tuning the load but it was much louder than N320 and N340.  I'll keep working the N340 up and try some different loadings of Power Pistol to see if I can get it a bit quieter.

I also have some factory loads coming.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:21:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: emccracken] [#18]
Originally Posted By SIGthusiast:
Took the can out again with some fresh loads this weekend.  Decided to try Special K, 147gr w/ 3.8gr of N340.  Not better.  Also some with 4.0gr, about the same.  I'll try upping it since there's more room to go with this powder.

I also tried 5gr of HS-6.  I hate this powder.  Dont know why people like it for 9mm.  You should also know that it didn't cycle the gun but made for the worst back spit I've ever experienced.  My one pound is almost gone.  I think I'll give it to the wife for her house plants.

Last but not least, Power Pistol, 4.8gr.  Works great.  Accuracy seemed okay.  I may work on tuning the load but it was much louder than N320 and N340.  I'll keep working the N340 up and try some different loadings of Power Pistol to see if I can get it a bit quieter.

View Quote

The only things I'd suggest are trying a lighter recoil spring and/or trying out Unique.  Probably start with about 4.1-4.2gr, and work up if that doesn't do it without pressure signs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:21:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SIGthusiast:

View Quote

HS6 is good on the upper end and pushing past book max. Good for +p loads and 9mm major.

Are you using a chronograph? It's quieter around 850-900fps but I prefer around 1000fps for reliability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top